[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the DR of Congo They are the most economically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Tell me about the DR of Congo
They are the most economically resourceful nation in the world, yet nobody, not even colonialists were able to do anything with it

What is it /int/?
>>
Those ape aliens from the movie Congo
>>
>>57069936
Leo cut off all their hands
>>
>>57069936
They aren't stupid, but they are very very lazy. You can't even imagine how lazy Congolese people are. They are chill to hang out with, but impossible to work with.
>>
>>57072670
Do you have any stories?

(Kek why did it have to be Belgium)
>>
>>57072777
https://youtu.be/A0C4_88ub_M

think Walloons, but black
>>
>>57069936
>yet nobody, not even colonialists were able to do anything with it
Must have been that part where they had no hands to work with.
>>
>>57069936
>not even colonialists were able to do anything with it
Euh bullshit. Belgium was the richest nation in Europe during the good old Leo days.
>>
>>57069936
Corrupt dictators obsessed with hoarding wealth, strong separatist sentiment and lack of stability tend to ruin a country, no matter the size
>>
>>57073080
Let's even ignore the rubber days, just look at the diamant business today: the Kongo holds pretty much all of the world's diamants and Antwerp sells pretty much all of the worlds diamants. See a link there?
>>
>>57072670
But if they're lazy, why are they always busy fighting? Also I know a Congolese guy who recently got into MIT
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmXS1_MrRq4

The bourgie parts of Kinshasa look interesting
>>
>>57069936
Curse of resources. Many warlords figting over oildales and gold mines, and most of all, Rare Earth Elements
>>
>>57072894
So weird seeing black people speaking chinese
>>
>>57073212
The first thing I said was that they're not stupid. They are in constant war because they are a huge country with artificial borders, a poor population and many resources to fight over. They are poor and unorganized because they are lazy and because they are lead by equally lazy and corrupt leaders. I'm in no way defending Leopold, but I am definitely defending the period afterwards where the Congo was under Belgian rule. Congo would be WAY better of had it stayed under colonial rule as is undeniably demonstrated by history. It's the harsh truth and many of the Congolese agree.
>>
If they can get their shit together they'd be a prosperous country, considering their water accessibility (relative to other African countries), and resources.
>>
File: 1452579023201.jpg (161 KB, 398x362) Image search: [Google]
1452579023201.jpg
161 KB, 398x362
>that coastline
>>
Jungle is everywhere there. No one ever bothered to build infrastructure like roads, railway. Only water transport.
>>
>>57073656
It's like another polish corridor, and we all remember how that went
we even have Cabinda to spice things up even more
>>
>>57073656
How are things in Sudan?
Do you live in north or south?
>>
>>57073686
Bullshit. We built railways there way before it was cool. They just didn't look after them, so now they're ruined. see >>57072894
>>
>>57073773
Khartoum, Sudan (north). Things are pretty ok for a third world country. Weather is still fucking terrible.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.