[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have 20€ in my pocket. can I buy a house in Detroit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: hantz-st.-clair-goethe.jpg (255 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
hantz-st.-clair-goethe.jpg
255 KB, 750x500
I have 20€ in my pocket. can I buy a house in Detroit?
>>
>>57060527
is your life really worth only 20 yuros?

Can I buy you as a slave instead?
>>
>>57060527
don't they basically GIVE you a house if you stay in the city ? I think I read a paper on this last year, some writers were offered a house provided they worked in Detroit
>>
okay guys i have a plan - we buy all property in detroit, kill all niggers and make detroit official /int/ capital.
>>
>>57066196
lol
>>
>>57066196
>Total cost:
>70$
>>
File: photo.png (90 KB, 811x811) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
90 KB, 811x811
>>57066196
2016 Ford Benis V8
Made in Hamtramck,INT

Ford. Go Fuhrer.
>>
>>57060527
They aren't actually worth 20$

The city forces you to pay for the repairs if you plan to actually live in it. Depending on a number of factors, this can take years and cost up to 200,000$ for the worst cases.

Next, you need to pay for the property tax lost over the years to get any sort of amenities, this can cost you nearly 50k in taxes upfront depending on how long ago the house was vacated.

So now you sunk thousands of dollars into a house where your only neighbors are drug addicts and stray dogs.

This is why people are leaving Detroit by the thousands each year.
>>
>>57060873
The City has a bunch of programs to entice people to come back. It's worked in some parts of the city, but they still suffer a net loss each year.
>>
You have to renovate the house and make it up to code. If it's old construction it might have asbestos, making it costly. The house itself may not have held up well over the years due to lack of maintenance, and a lot of them have been broken into and stripped of electrical wire. Also you have to back all the backtaxes due. All to live in a shitty neighborhood or section of Detroit.
>>
>>57068374
>The city forces you to pay for the repairs if you plan to actually live in it. Depending on a number of factors, this can take years and cost up to 200,000$ for the worst cases
what if i just repair it by myself?
>Next, you need to pay for the property tax lost over the years to get any sort of amenities, this can cost you nearly 50k in taxes upfront depending on how long ago the house was vacated.
what kind of amenities? like electricity and water?
>>
>>57066526
Plus tip
>>
File: bernie necromances marx.jpg (49 KB, 546x482) Image search: [Google]
bernie necromances marx.jpg
49 KB, 546x482
>>57068374
>you need to pay for the property tax lost over the years to get any sort of amenities, this can cost you nearly 50k in taxes upfront depending on how long ago the house was vacated.
The city senate also has democrat majority?
>>
>>57074540
Yeah because its 88% black people and the white people that were there beforehand were retarded
>>
>>57060570
I have €2,20 in my pocket, does that mean my life is worth that?
>>
>>57071529
7 dollar tip. Not bad at all.
>>
>>57068374
What about the tip?
>>
>>57060527
They actually demolished all the abandoned homes in Detroit so your going to have to build from scratch.
>>
I'll consider it if it comes with permanent work visa attached XD
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.