[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What former colony, if any, gets along with its former mother country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: no smoking in arabic.jpg (58 KB, 590x658) Image search: [Google]
no smoking in arabic.jpg
58 KB, 590x658
Or is the answer "none?"
>>
>>57055438
1st for Australia
>>
>Arbic

Fucked up big time
>>
>>57055438
i'd say we get along with britain pretty well. france bullies quebec, though, very mean tbf.
>>
All of Britain's primarily-white colonies, pretty much.
>>
Suriname / Curacao get pretty along with us desu. They even celebrate our national holidays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jERXmmrY8HE
>>
>>57055455
>france bullies quebec

seeing how the québecois act, I'm not surprised

lac megantic disaster best day of my life
>>
>>57055438
We actually get really well with Portugal to the fact that Brazilian citizens are by our constitution and theirs considered Portuguese citizens and vice-versa
>>
Clearly settler colonies where the native population was replaced (or didn't exist, in the case of small island populations like the Falklands) are going to view the mother country positively most of the time. Places that were economic colonies are the more bitter ones. I think probably one of those ex colonies that views it's former colonizer more positively would be Western Sahara because Spain treated the natives better than Morocco. Also I don't think Taiwan hates Japan much if at all.
>>
>>57055438
>that pic
I am always surprised by the stupidness of Americans
>>
>>57056074
you mean stupidity?
>>
>>57055438
Spain and Portugal get along well with most of their ex-colonies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibero-American_Summit
>>
Despite all their banter, I think modern day England gets along fine with France.
>>
File: useless skin.jpg (44 KB, 458x257) Image search: [Google]
useless skin.jpg
44 KB, 458x257
>>57056074

it was either that pic or this
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.