[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spanish v. Catalan Newfag to spanish, how different are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: catalan-216x300.jpg (16 KB, 216x300) Image search: [Google]
catalan-216x300.jpg
16 KB, 216x300
>Spanish v. Catalan

Newfag to spanish, how different are these two languages? Or is catalan more of a dialect?
>>
>>57052682
Learn castillian and suddenly you'll be able to understand portuguese, catalan, italian, french and a bunch of other shit that nobody cares about and btw, who in the world would want to learn catalán?
>>
It's a real, independent language.
>>
Catalan is a dialect. The flemish of spanish language.
>>
>>57053190
>t. jewtalan

>>57052682
It's a dialect bornt from provence's french. It's like hearing retarded spanish, just like portuguese

>>57052833
also this
>>
>>57052833
>>57053256
Will Catalans bully me for speaking castillan? Is Barcelona a good place to practise Spanish?
>>
>>57053190
Nope

>>57053235
For once wise words coming from that flag. This is indeed a day to remember.
>>
>>57053290
No idea M80, probably not the best place to practice castilian. Ask a spaniard
>>
>>57053290
Barcelona is the best place to speak Spanish in Catalonia.
The problem comes with rednecks in villages.
>>
>>57053301
Have you ever even listened to Catalan?
>>
>>57053374
Yes. Imagine a couple formed by an alcoholic portuguese father and a liberian crack whore from Paris having a kid, and they raise him on a basement without any contact with the outside world. So that kid learns to comunicate with them mixing both of their languages, with a drunk and drugged way to speak or "accent" if you will. That's catalán in a nutshell.
>>
>>57053290

Yes to the second question and No to the first question (but they'll kindly inform you about the life, works and deeds of catalonia and the catalan language and won't let you go back to Polan until you've carefully listen, agreed and memorise it all from the Catalonian Atlantis Civilization in 5000b.c to King Leo I el Autista and the struggle for freedom of the Fair Barcelonian Empire in the current year).
>>
>>57053536
>King Leo I el Autista
keked
>>
I mean, they're mutually intelligible if you speak Spanish and French. Catalan is a dialect of Spanish, but has imo a lot of french influence. Example: la nit = the night. In spanish it's La noche, in French la nuit.
>>
Catalan = heavily Spanish influenced Occitan/Southern French

not the other way around
>>
>>57053256
Portuguese is a beautiful language
>>
vive le catalogne libre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuYMgb2qHX8
>>
>>57054542
la*
>>
Personally, I like the way it sounds. I liked hearing it in the subway and having bilingual signs etc
>>
>>57054481
Only in Bossa Nova.

>Personally, I like the way it sounds
What? Castillian or imafaggotcataloniankillmeplease
>>
>>57054387
this guy got it

catalan language was called "llemosí" at first by their speakers

you know what is lemousin? a southern french region

original people came from there probably

then aragon merged in spain and the language got highly influenced by spanish.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.