[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Singapore is it true that you guys have to pay back your parents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 1280x853
Hey Singapore is it true that you guys have to pay back your parents?
>>
Bomp
>>
you guys dont send money back to your parents when you start working?
>>
>>57010820
How is that fucking normal?
Doesn't your government have a pension scheme?
>>
>>57010820
Not an mainstream idea. Parents should know that giving birth to and raising a child costs a lot of money from the get-go.
>>
>>57010613
If they ask for money after they stop working are you going to say no?
>>
>>57011007
We have a forced savings scheme. Pensions will get you fucked in the long run as has happened to Europe now.

It is also right to repay your parents, especially if they paid for your university fees.
>>
>>57011028
this goy get it, if you want money back, dont even make a single children
>>
>>57016635

That's our problem in America. Dumb people have kids and can't afford abortions, smart people wait until they're financially stable and can provide for an angry little shit machine before they have one.
>>
>>57016793
>smart people wait until they're financially stable and can provide for an angry little shit machine before they have one.

Such parents should beat their children often and well. With the proper motivation, a child in a supporting environment who is beaten regularly is often driven to succeed.
>>
>>57010613
Not all of us but yes.
>>
http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/articles/SIP_1614_2009-11-30.html
Yes. It's up to parents to sue their kids.
>The amount of maintenance to be paid is decided by the Tribunal based on a set of criteria including: financial needs, earning capacity, expenses incurred as well as physical health of the parent and children. The maintenance claim may be dismissed if the children can prove that they were abused, neglected or abandoned by their parents when they were young.
>>
>>57016894
t. Beaten for spitting on sidewalk
>>
>have to pay back
'Have' sounds forced desu.
It's more like a common sense, I think.
>>
>>57017483

That's an interesting way of doing it, we have both forced savings and pensions.
>>
I know this sounds like an edgelord teen rebel question, but please take it seriously:
What did a child do to incur a debt to its parents? Is being brought to existence always a net positive thing in an agent-neutral sense?
>>
Huh?? I thought it was standard procedure for civilized people to pay back their parents with interest? I still owe about $35,000 in raising loans.
>>
File: 1428543388797.jpg (26 KB, 460x391) Image search: [Google]
1428543388797.jpg
26 KB, 460x391
>>57017816
Blame Confucianism. Nothing we can do about it its in our meritocratic culture.
>>
File: 1390456408876.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1390456408876.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>MFW all these autistic fucks trying to justify naked greed

My parents love me and it's mutual, they raised me and I'm going to do everything i can to help and support them in the future, if that means financial sure I'll help them but they're not fucking drawing up spreadsheets of the cost of my meals as an 8 year old
>>
I'll help my mother financially once I graduate, probably. But she is a very low wage worker and has helped me and my sister greatly with finances (as in after I moved out from home). But I don't think anything before age 18 or so should be compensated, not in the least something like the food you ate for that whole 18 years
>>
>>57018430
it doesnt meant we must not helping them
>>
>>57010613
It's common sense in Asian culture and confucianism.
They will never ask you for money but what kind of a shit mongrel are you to not give your parents cash when they hit old age and had withstood your shit for their whole life?

It's infinitely better than burgerland and their monthly rental fees.
>>
>brought into this world without being asked
>have to obey these people for fucking years
>they make you pay once you grow up
What the fuck

Like if you're going to forcefully make me live at least don't charge me for it holy shit
>>
>>57017816

If you like non-existence so much, you should return to it.
>>
>>57020474
it hurts too much, no thank you
>>57019881
this
>>
>>57017979
So if I bump uglies with your mum you have to pay me?
>>
>>57020586
No, my mum pays you
>>
>>57020765
Praise confucius!
>>
>>57010820
>>57012727
Interesting, how such ridiculous idea could be considered as normal.
>>
>>57016793
>not having free abortion
>land of the free
>>
>>57020765
Lol
>>
>>57021154
Respect of ancestors
>>
>>57021154
At least we have top tier parental bonding and life advisors for more than half of our lifetime even though some of us are not as lucky as the others.

Look at murica, the lack of parental bonding raises the necessity for things like therapists, alcoholics anonymous, and other shit that you can solve by listening and talking to your parents.
>>
>>57022576
Maybe they want to be independant and not live forever with their parents like A FUCKING MANCHILDREN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Yongding-Tulou-Hse-4514.jpg (129 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
Yongding-Tulou-Hse-4514.jpg
129 KB, 690x460
>>57022649
The nuclear family and forced separation is an abnormal American tradition. That is why the West is weak and socially divided, and easy picking for the more cohesive and insular Muslims.

At the minimum, at least 70 relations or more should be located in close proximity.
>>
>>57022819
>asy picking for the more cohesive and insular Muslims
That's a meme
>at least 70 relations or more should be located in close proximity
i have 3
>>
>>57022649
>college freshmen just graduated highschool
>think their parents are annoying bygones and they understand how the world works
>ends up being progressive SJW scums with muh feminism
>those who have bad company in uni ends up needing muh therapy
>NEETs not getting blasted by their parents and instead pampered

I stand corrected. You don't have this kind of shit in Asia
>>
>>57016562
>Live in the US
>University too damn expensive for parents to pay
>Parents poor as fuck
Do I have to pay them back singapore?
>>
test
>>
>>57026196
If they are poorer than you, think of it as charity. Instead of giving it to some stranger or starving nignog (or Jews running charities pretending to feed nignogs).

The only reason not to support them is if they were remiss in parental obligations, even then, I would personally still support them, because while they are terrible at their job, does not mean people should accuse me of being bad at mine. Also, it gives you power over them. At any moment you can stop the payment, and they would be thrown out, and they know it. How they grovel! It is a good feeling.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.