[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NAMES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Johannes.gif (16 KB, 437x411) Image search: [Google]
Johannes.gif
16 KB, 437x411
From what language do your names ultimately come from?
>>
Just like any other language cucked by christianity: Greek and Jewish.

also picrel is wrong: Ivan comes straight from Greek Iōánnēs, not through Latin.
>>
Scandi
>>
>The name derives from the Greek noun ἀνήρ anir – with genitive ἀνδρός andros –, which means "man" (i.e. male human being).

Very creative mum and dad...
>>
mongolian genghis khan descendant
>>
Spanish and Dutch.
>>
File: really smug shiba.jpg (134 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
really smug shiba.jpg
134 KB, 500x730
>>56963837

>http://www.behindthename.com/name/patrick

>From the Latin name Patricius, which meant "nobleman". This name was adopted in the 5th-century by Saint Patrick, whose birth name was Sucat. He was a Romanized Briton who was captured and enslaved in his youth by Irish raiders. After six years of servitude he escaped home, but he eventually became a bishop and went back to Ireland as a missionary. He is traditionally credited with Christianizing the island, and is regarded as Ireland's patron saint.
>In England and elsewhere in Europe during the Middle Ages this name was used in honour of the saint. However, it was not generally given in Ireland before the 17th century because it was considered too sacred for everyday use. It has since become very common there.
>>
Name #1 - The name is derived from the Egyptian word kheru, "word" or "voice",[1][2][dubious – discuss] through the Koine Greek word Christós and the Latin Çhristus, used to replace the Biblical Hebrew term mashiach, "anointed".[3] It was commonly used as a Baptismal name and interchangeably as a given name.

Name #2 - the English language New Testament (Vulgar Latin) form of the Hebrew name Yaʻaqov (Jacob).[1] The name James came into the English language from the Old French variation James[2] of the late Latin name Iacomus. This was a Vulgar Latin (proto-Romance) variant of the earlier Latin form Iacobus, from the New Testament Greek Ἰάkωβος (Iákōbos), from Hebrew יעקב (Yaʻaqov) (Jacob). The development Iacobus > Iacomus is likely a result of nasalization of the o and assimilation to the following b (i.e., intermediate *Iacombus) followed by simplification of the cluster mb through loss of the b.

My surname is derived from an adjective meaning "curly" , as in someone who has curly hair.
>>
>>56963837
latin and maybe greek for the first, meaning "he who faces his opponents", "brave", "Priceless" and "of inestimable worth"
german for the second, meaning "He Who shines for his fame"

pretty nice
>>
>>56965436

>name translates into shiny gold

no shit, you took all of it from South America
>>
First name is Jan so pic related even though I have learned that it came as short form of Johann and not the way of your pic.
Second name is latin
>>
latin
>>
>>56965509
do you know that Spain was known for their gold and silver mines in the ancient world?
also you shouldn't give a fuck about it when every power did it everytime in the history
>>
>>56965677

yes Rome raped you, that's not much to be proud of
>>
>>56965687
>Rome raped you
kek
>>
File: 1458746113127.jpg (89 KB, 960x654) Image search: [Google]
1458746113127.jpg
89 KB, 960x654
Shapiro, and its variations such as Shapira, Schapiro, Schapira, Sapira, Spira, Sapiro, Szapiro (in Polish) and Chapiro (in French), is a Jewish surname which can be either Ashkenazi or Sephardi.[1]
Rosa is an Italian, Portuguese and Spanish languages surname. Sometimes the variants Da Rosa or da Rosa, De Rosa or de Rosa, and DeRosa or DaRosa may occur. The last name "Rosa" rooted in the Azores, is of Flemish origin / Dutch, he descended from the Flemish settler "Pieter Roose" when arriving on the island of the Azores was aportuguesado to "Pedro da Rosa", thus resulting in a large family "da Rosa" in the Azores later settled on the southern region of Brazil.
>>
>>56963837
Hebrew and Hebrew
One Isearli citizenship, thank you.
>>
Hebrew and Spanish

I'm pretty sure Jonathan is Hebrew
>>
First name is Hebrew origin
First middle name is Greek origin
Second middle name is Irish origin
Third middle name is Greek origin
Last name is either English origin or Italian origin, it's a profession.
>>
>>56965687
They we're actually raped by Carthaginians who in turn was raped by Romans.
>>
>>56966063
Shapiro da Rosa, got it. The NSA thanks you for your contribution.
>>
Potuguese
>>
>>56965687
>roleplaying on /int/
Coooooooolllllll buddy!
>>
>>56968015
>implying the NSA needs you to say your name in the internet to know who you are
>>
>>56968015
Shapiro Rosa
>>
>>56963837
>that entire tree
Jim is a nickname for James (French form of Jacob). Joe is a nickname for Joseph.

Also missing Jógvan, Janus and Hanus
>>
Germanic first name
Scottish middle name
>>
Lithuania
>>
>>56968664
And Janez, our national brand name.
>>
>>56963837
Supposedly, my first name is of Greek origin and it comes from the name of the Greek goddess of victory, Nike. The name itself means "victory of the people".

My surname is of Spanish origin, more specifically from the region of Cantabria.
>>
Where does the last name Marck come from? Are there any european last names that it might be an Americanized form of? I think only like 100 people have my last name.
>>
>>56963837
First name is hebrew because catholicism.
>>
Surname is Baque.

ethnically im some halfie mestizo.
>>
Dutch for "scholar"
>>
>Alexander Sergei L'Hernault
Pls help
>Alexander
Greek? Indo European? Then into slav?
>Sergei
Slav <-- Greek <--- ???
>L'Hernault
Norman French <--- French <--- Latin <--- Greek? <--- ?
>>
Short for Maximilian (meaning "greatest") and Maxwell (meaning "great spring"), but now often used on its own as a boys' name.
>>
Greek and Latin mostly.
My name is Nikita, which is derived from Greek.
>>
Welsh name
>>
>>56963837
Greek. Basilieos->Basil->Vasily
>>
>>56963837
Turkic
>>
>>56963837
Old-Germanic
>>
>>56963837
Old Slavic name
>>
First and middle names are both Hebrew, because I am a Jew. Last name is German or Yiddish, but the first half is Anglicized.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.