[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY SHIT Is it true that anyone can see all Norwegians income&taxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 2000px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png (15 KB, 2000x1455) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
15 KB, 2000x1455
HOLY SHIT
Is it true that anyone can see all Norwegians income&taxing information on the internet?

That means, I can google the income of some norwegian guy's I've met in the pub last night?
>>
It's true that it's publicly available but you need to log in to a website with an electronic ID that only norwegian citizens have.
>>
>>56959863
It's real tho I can't google.
Japanese can't even imagine such system.
>>
>>56959863
Do people know you've checked out how much they earn? What information about them do you need?
>>
File: 3500.jpg (88 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
3500.jpg
88 KB, 620x413
Its the same here.
>>
Sweden has it too. Seems weird.. Tax records are highly private in this country.
>>
>>56959957
>Do people know you've checked out how much they earn?
Yes
>What information about them do you need?
I personally don't need to use it so I don't even bother checking what people earn.
But people can see name, date of birth, postal code for your city, which county you pay taxes in, your pay after taxes, fortune after taxes and tax
But with this shit public, I think the intention is that everyone can sort of do control and have some insight into what the government is doing when they're taxing, if it's done correctly or something
>>
>>56960268

That's both amazing and jarring to me.

In Australia it's a huge social faux pas to even ask about how much someone is making if that person hasn't made it a topic of a conversation themselves.
>>
>>56960268
It's also about transparency of the rich and important, and ways to figure out who isn't paying proper taxes, like if your neighbour next door lives in a big mansion but only pays 10k kr a year in taxes.
>>
>>56960349
It used to be completely public, with many news sites mirroring the data. I'm not sure if it should be available at all, but at least it's better now.

There's also a limit to how many people you can check, if I remember correctly. Moreover, it doesn't tell the full picture because of tax deductions etc.

Because you can now see who viewed your income/tax, the searched dropped by 90%. People don't want to be caught snooping.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.nrk.no/norge/nesten-ingen-tor-soke-i-skattelistene-1.12602960&edit-text=&act=url
>>
Even here this is true ("portal da transparĂȘncia" is the name of the website I guess).
>>
its for whores in norgay
literal golddiggers have a database they can access
the more you know
>>
>>56960758
well atleast you can see if anyone checked your income, so take it or leave it I guess if you got any golddiggers waiting at your door
>>
>>56961324
I doubt even 99% actively checks their page though. Only paranoid people and people with something to hide bother doing it regularly.

But that's just assumptions.
>>
>>56959684

Here too. The only non-public data is your hospital and criminal record. Literally everything else is one Google search away, taxes, marital status, date of birth, etc etc. Shit the state even take blood for a DNA database from every newborn child (though that isn't public at least).
>>
>>56961482
>everything else is one Google search away, taxes, marital status, date of birth, etc etc
With the exception of taxes, most of those things can be found on any social media like facebook though for the average active user.

But there seems to be an increasing awareness of privacy and privacy concerns lately.
>>
>>56959863
Make sense since Norway is Qatar of EU.
>>
>>56961910
No, you're not making a lot of sense here I'm afraid..
>>
>>56959684
yes but thanks to a recent change, they can now see who has looked at their info

so some poor nowegian will have a message that says "NIP HAS EXAMINED YOUR INCOME" in his inbox in the morning
>>
>>56962271
I wish Sweden would do this too.
>>
>>56962271
A random nip can't look at it because he doesn't have MinID (electronic ID)
>>
>>56959961
>notice me senpai
>>
I wish we had this but it would be basically impossible to implement for 300,000,000 people
>>
>>56959684
I remember being teased because my dad made a lot of money one year. Being successful isn't a good thing in communist Norway
>>
File: Vlad Putin meme 2.jpg (93 KB, 960x364) Image search: [Google]
Vlad Putin meme 2.jpg
93 KB, 960x364
>>56965102
>itt: Norwaristocats have it hard because their parents are rich

Must be tough, having enough money. Skjerp deg.

>>56960349
It is a social faux pas here too, it's rude to talk about money in general. The "tax list" as it's called is however generally beneficial to all, because as other anons have mentioned, it makes it much harder to live a lifestyle of conspicuous consumption while not paying tax or having registered income.

It might be a bit of a snitches' paradise in a way, but the impact of one oligarch not paying tax is a lot bigger than a couple thousand wage slaves, considering the richest in this country are Filthy Grimy Bastardly rich.
>>
>>56963651
I heard your tax forms are hell. Here, for the vast majority, you literally don't do anything. You get a text saying "your tax form is ready. If you think the data is correct and don't need to change anything, you don't have to act. If you wanna change something, visit this website".

Unless you're adjusting your expected income (done online in 5 minutes) or are self employed, you literally do not interact with your tax forms.

Of course, sometimes they miss deductibles, in which case you obviously wanna correct your form online, however they generally are pretty precise.
>>
>>56965102
I remember being made fun of for being Swedish and poor back when I went to school in Norway. Fuck all of you rich faggots.
>>
>>56966908
Murrika suffers from the fact that tax-filing software is profitable and its makers lobby against all reforms that would make tax filing simpler.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leonardburman/2013/04/15/the-tax-complexity-lobby

It almost feels like there's a lesson about unfettered capitalism to be learned there...
>>
>>56967128
I heard from Murican people that TurboTax was a program they could use. And that it charged them like $50 to "access a new form" or something. Just bullshit from one end to the other jesus christ.

Also, Iceland, heiur pÄ deiur!

You should read http://sssscomic.com/index.php

Btw do you have DST?
>>
File: 1458763908768.jpg (78 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1458763908768.jpg
78 KB, 600x450
>Scandinavian data privacy
not even once
>>
>>56965102
Isn't it your culture not to stand out too much from the crowd in any way and to not show off?
>>
>>56967242
We don't have DST, it's pointless because either there's no sunshine for most of the day or there's sunshine all the fucking time. I'm actually part of the -01:00 GMT faction because I want to wake up to a slightly brighter 'day' during winter.
>>
>>56967319
Well yes, it's an unfortunate part of our culture called "janteloven"/Jante's law. Janteloven is however a satirical piece on how this is totally ridiculous and a toxic meme, but a lot of people use it in the newspeak sense of "this is the ideal".

So much newspeak here now holy fuck. My parent's and their ENTIRE FUCKING GENERATION use "irony" in every god damn sentence. You're hard pressed to find a single person between 40-55 who speaks straight. "Nice weather" "that was well done". Instead they say "what shitty weather :PPP:PPPP:PPP" and "not too bad :PPP:PP:::PPP"

I fucking hate it. Moving to the coast with a pop. density of -20 per km^2 holy fuck.

>>56967457
Yeah, I don't get why we still have it here. Wish we'd just convert to summer time all year round. That way the winter isn't as dark and the summers are brighter.
>>
>>56963651
>I wish we had this
If you are a sensible person, you really don't wish for your government to copy this system of taxation and "transparency". Making nearly every detail of your life available to anyone, merely one google search away, through government mandated legislation, is a nightmare for those with an ounce of interest in keeping their business private.
This system belongs in the trashcan.
>>
>>56968739
Well, you know, if you wanna keep your business entirely private, there's always the black market. No regulations there, neither here nor in finland.

Stop making it as if transparency as an ideal is bad, it's really not. You absolutely do not want Singaporean conditions in the Nordics holy fuck no.
>>
>>56968909
>Stop making it as if transparency as an ideal is bad, it's really not.
Complete transparency IS a bad ideal. I don't like the idea of strangers having ready access to many of my highly private personal details.

>singapore
>strawmanning this hard
I'm sure there's a middle-road between the Nordick system and the autocratic chink city-state system. America would be one of these middle-road alternatives.
>>
>>56968909
Also,
>Well, you know, if you wanna keep your business entirely private
That's another strawman. Never did I claim to want "completely private business" (i.e. no government), and never did I single out public tax returns as the most important privacy issue. There's more to society than revenue and taxation.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.