[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Moldova so poor? The GDP per capita in (PPP) is less than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 060801RMAN0041.jpg (337 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
060801RMAN0041.jpg
337 KB, 950x633
Why is Moldova so poor? The GDP per capita in (PPP) is less than ~$5000 a year. In nominal terms it's even lower. What happened to them? I mean Ukraine and Romania aren't exactly rich, but Moldova is something else.
>>
>>56933368
Well, for one thing, the average Moldovan seems to be extremely dull and uneducated, far more than the average Romanian.

I think Moldova is where it should be, in terms of human capital, maybe a bit worse due to trade issues
>>
File: moldova.png (9 KB, 348x161) Image search: [Google]
moldova.png
9 KB, 348x161
jesús. . .
>>
>>56933368
it is small and has a communist cell to its east. they are Crypto-Romanians who were previously Soviets. the transition has been difficult.
>>
should've united with romania, this would've salvaged their economy. or brought both down.
>>
>>56933657
>I think Moldova is where it should be, in terms of human capital, maybe a bit worse due to trade issues
I meant this in terms of GDP per capita due to low human capital
>>
Russian run separatist block that keeps the country in a permanent state of political and economical limbo.

Eternal ryssä strikes again.
>>
>>56933368
Europeans should invest in Moldova
>>
>>56933815
They are russia run because they are actuall russians.
>>
>>56933679
lol Congo
>>
>>56933927
Whine production quatas are already filled by italians and french.
>>
>>56933368
It's hard to become rich if you have to defend yourself from town rapists all day.
>>
>>56933927
invest in what though? What does Moldovans make?
>>
>>56934009
Yes Ivan, everyone is Russian
>>
>>56934618
cheapo wine
Andy's Pizza
>>
>>56934618
Town rapists
>>
In moldova only 15% of the population is rich enough to eat meat at least once a week.

I'm not even kidding.

How fucked is that.
>>
File: 1Wa3hxUpejA.jpg (68 KB, 700x367) Image search: [Google]
1Wa3hxUpejA.jpg
68 KB, 700x367
it hurts ro live lads
it hurts to live...
>>
>>56934618

they make really REALLY shitty wine

think georgian or russian wine and their wine is 10 times worse than that.
>>
>>56934720
to be fair, meat used to be a luxury (makes sense, it's very intensive to make) until people started finding ways to mechanise everything.
>>
>>56933679
I refuse to believe any European country can rank below fucking Congo
>>
>>56934744
But how?
Weren't you on par with Ukraine in USSR? Then again the civil war was much smaller compared to what happened in Caucasus. And still you're so much poorer.
Tell us: how? How does one get so poor Ukraine is heaven compared to his country?
>>
>>56934744
I know a guy in uni from moldova

is it true almost all childeren grow up with their grandparents because their parents are working abroad?
>>
>>56933368
Because it's shitty, post soviet, landlocked country with no resources or industry beyond farming.
>>
>>56934831

Congo's GDP is higher because western oil and mining companies operate there, but all of the benefits of that economic activity goes to corrupt politicians and the companies themselves.

There's no doubt the average Congan (?) lives worse off than the average Moldovan, who actually have functional roads and rail lines.
>>
what did you expect?
political tension,no natural resources,no considerable foreign aid,no investments,mafia,corruption,and so many more things.
an important percentage of moldovan women are literally whores
moldova in turkey is called part of the whorebelt
>>
>>56933679
>ex-colonies full of niggers are better off than a country that shares a border with the EU
Please tell me this isn't real.
>>
>>56935096
When taking HDI into account, it's only worse than Botswana and Mongolia :)
>>
>>56934246

Bilo go crazy crazy
>>
>>56933368
Isn't it because all the, people work abroad?
>>
>>56934009

no, they are not, everyone with a brain knows this.Not even Putin or ex-soviet members deny this.Russians brought propagnda in all ex-soviet states to dissmember them.
>>
>>56939861

why don't you gypsies just invade Moldova like the slavshits invaded Crimea?
>>
>>56940466

cause we dont have too.They will unite with us soon.
>>
>>56935574
Botswana and Mongolia are comfy, peaceful places, there is nothing wrong about that
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.