[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey t*rks, i want to learn about your history, Any good primary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Hey t*rks, i want to learn about your history, Any good primary sources or reputable books you could recommend me?
I'm mainly interested on the origins of the ottoman empire but anything goes and it is deeply apreciated.
kiitos
>>
shameful bump
>>
I'm not a t*rk,i'm a TURK
>>
Aside from ottos, you should also learn about Seljuk and his heirs, they're the first turkic invaders in medieval age.
>>
>>56927714
why the fuck is he wearing an onion? lol
>>
>>56927714
Look up Gokturks
Its the part of turkish history that turks dont want you to know
>>
>>56927828
My apologies turk, how should i ammend my offense so that you can help me willingly
>>56927901
As i understood from what little ive read they are the original turkic nomads right?
In any case i still wanna read a book of some sort, preferably not influenced by politics
>>
>>56928092
Are the turkish ashamed of their asiatic past??
>>
>>56928224
Yeah, it seriously damages their claim on being European.
>>
>>56928092
this is a good suggestion as "Turk" history literally begins with Gokturks. Before them there were no collective "Turk" identity. There were no collective identity at all infact.
>>56928224
not really. It changes from people to people, some glorify the nomadics, some glorify their anatolian roots, some go ranting about how they are european etc. But mostly, people are "normal" about the assumed "asiatic past"
>>56928275
not true, as i explained
>>
>>56928092
>>56928275

Wtf are you talking about? Most Turks have wet dreams about their asiatic nomadic ancestors.
>>
>>56928354
Nagyon you seem to know your stuff, have u got any literature on the subject that i could read?
>>
What is the difference between turks and mongols?
>>
>>56928630
jeanpaul raux is the best entry to turk history.
>>56929038
what is the difference between germans and the spanish?
>>
>>56927714
You might have better luck asking /his/ about it
>>
File: sad.jpg (31 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
31 KB, 475x475
>>56929209
One of them hurt our feelings
>>
>>56929777
W-we... we would never!
It must have been the germans desu senpai
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.