[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would happen if I go backpacking in USA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2
File: USA-flag.gif (36 KB, 1181x788) Image search: [Google]
USA-flag.gif
36 KB, 1181x788
What would happen if I go backpacking in USA?
>>
See lots of cool stuff
>>
kill
>>
File: niggers.jpg (58 KB, 618x542) Image search: [Google]
niggers.jpg
58 KB, 618x542
RIP
>>
>>56883362
Eastern US - things are close enough for backpacking, but you are taking your life into your own hands. Lots of urban environments to explore with good mass transit.
Western US - Urban areas far apart, hope you enjoy wilderness survival. Fortunately, people are more likely to give you a ride and not murder you.
>>
Get shot or killed by niggers
>>
>>56883647
That still makes me sad for some reason.

Like, not just embarrassed for this country. Actually sad for the inanimate object.

He didn't deserve to be killed and left there, like garbage :(
RIP
>>
>>56883362

-You would not find any hostels, and you would have to pay for motel rooms. $100/200 USD a night is common in meh-areas, in cities it can be much more, but backpacking sounds like you don't want to be in the city.

-You would realize very quickly (as many Euros who visit and really explore the country do) that the country is huge, and is car-oriented if you actually want to travel from place to place. I had an old student roommate from Iceland, and on weekends he would visit City X, Y, Z.

-You can either fly, or if you want to actually look at the countryside and take it slow, there are safe bus services and even train services. My last long bus-ride was several years ago, and went about a hundred miles. You can schedule much longer rides if you want, though.

If you're white and you are exploring rural areas, you should be just fine in terms of the safety. Most of the real "get shot" activity takes place among brown people in the cities. The left media just likes to cover it when white boys snap to help their narrative, but those kinds of shootings pale in comparison to brown violent crime. It's worth mentioning that many recent shootings were actually not performed by whites, but asians, bi-racial people (Rodger, Mercer) and a few black guys (Dorner, that news anchor guy)

-I live near a comfy river valley area that makes for a very pretty drive, you could try looking at one of those. Otherwise I hear that the southwest (grand canyon etc) is interesting, but hot.

-don't be a terrorist.
>>
>>56883662
I wanna go east to west or south to west
>>
>>56883362
difficult, everything is too big and too spread out. You either need to be a proficient hitchhiker or have a car
>>
Come to the Pacific Northwest. No blacks here so you won't get killed.
>>
>>56883856
Cant he use Tinder and sleep on a sluts couch after he fucked her?
>>
>>56883362
you'd be better off just trying to see a coast

i would recommend philadelphia personally, you can see a lot within the proximity of that city alone, and not staying in new york = less likely to get eaten by niggers
>>
>>>/trv/
>>
>>56883973

I thought about OP's words but "backpacking" isn't really the same thing as 'hiking'. Just carrying whatever you can haul on your own. I think it's implied that he would pick up busses, ferries, planes etc.
>>
>>56883688
>niggers
>outside of urban areas
>>
>>56884101

My god, I think you're onto something that never even occurred to me. Yes, that follows.
>>
>>56884121
such a slow board tho
>>
>>56883872
Not memeing, but if you are white, it will be a lot easier than if you are brown or black. If you are well groomed (no big hipster beard) and white you can catch rides with people much easier. There still is an element of risk, but people will be more willing to pick up a well-groomed white man.
>>
>>56884140
yes

i would like to travel just with bus, walking, hitchhiking. Staying in motels (when i was in new orleans we had cheap motels like 15 $ a night)
>>
>>56884228
and no flags
>>
>>56884298

You may have hitchhiked in the past (I did on one occasion but I got lucky), but I honestly discourage you from doing that now.

1) it's /potentially/ dangerous (you don't know who you're dealing with, it's not a professional person like a bus driver),
2) it's actually illegal in a few states (not many). But the more important thing is 1)
>>
>>56883362
>backpacking
>in the USA
Go on the Appalachian trail.
It's interesting.
>>
>>56883362
OP please define "backpacking"
Do you mean walking everywhere, camping outside, spending your time in natural areas, and cooking your own meals? (I call that hiking)
Do you mean staying in cheap hostels, staying in urban areas, taking busses/trains, eating at restaurants or food that requires minimal preparation (what I would call backpacking)
Do you mean a cross-country trip where you rely on the kindness of strangers to get to your destination and when that fails you start walking, and take what accommodations you can get, and your goal is to get from A to B (Hitchhiking?)
>>
>>56884672
Pacific Coast Trail is a great route once you get out of Southern California.
>>
we don't have hostels

you will have to have a way of paying for a cheap motel, or you could bring a tent and stay at a campsite
>>
>>56883362
You'd see a lot of natural beauty and a few different cultures. Backpacking across Europe might be more fun.
>>
>>56883647
RIP robot man
>>
>>56884772
>we don't have hostels

Uh, yes we do. You'd be surprised how many we have. I've stayed in hostels in Miami, Atlanta and New York- but every big city has them. (though I'd recommend just looking for a cheap motel 6 for 40 bucks a night instead- much, much, much nicer than a hostel)
>>
>>56884936

I'm sure one exists SOMEWHERE

but I sure as hell have never seen one
>>
>>56884976

They are all over the fucking place in bigger cities. Not as many as europe; but see for yourself:

http://www.hostelworld.com/search?search_keywords=Chicago%2C+USA&country=USA&city=Chicago&date_from=2016-03-26&date_to=2016-03-29&number_of_guests=1
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HitchBOT
meet the same fate as it
>>
>>56884298

The best way to see the country is by car. If you have a license you should just rent one. You could buy a tent and sleep in camping areas when you want, or just look for cheap motels. i wouldn't make the mistake of driving across the country- we are too big. I'd stick to one coast. Maybe start in Boston, head down to New York, then to Washington DC (I'd do all this by train) and rent your car in DC. Then drive south, check out the smoky mountains, stay in asheville for a couple days... then head to Charleston (very neat city). Then follow the coast down to miami and fly back to germany from there.
>>
>>56883362
do couchsurfing.org. you'll get propositioned by a lot of gays though.
>>
>>56883647
Poor poor hitchbot. Crossed Europe and Canada but lasted only a few days in America.
>>
>>56883362
>visit america
>get shot
>>
>>56883872
east west is the best way to go you see more shit
>don't trust the black people
>>
>>56884101
I don't think Hans wants a STD from America
>>
thanks for all your help ameriboos

im bit to lazy to write alot right now t bh though

>>56884700
yes the second
>>
I might just check for some work and travel but it seems to be easier in canada but canada is boring
>>
>>56883362

not a smart thing to do.

You'd probably get robbed and raped and killed by blacks or some white junkies.

depending on your skin complexion
>>
>>56885259
a car sucks because i prolly will go alone but the route is a good idea.
>>
>>56886688

oh ok, then i'd do the northeast by train like i said, then fly to vegas or san fransisco if you want to see more stuff. my favorite city in the world is new york though- so i'd allocate almost all my time there.
>>
>>56886424
It is much more difficult to do this in the US than Europe. American tourist accommodations are focused on family or group travel, rather than individuals. There are some hostels, but they are few and far between.
Since most tourist attractions in the US are focused on Americans (because we don't have lots of neighbors!) it will be hard to navigate without a car in most areas. The US car culture is very apparent when you look at how Americans approach tourism. Only in the North-East is train travel possible to get between cities. In the West, it is cheaper to fly between cities than take a train.
In all but the largest cities, mass transit is either non-existent or substandard. I was able to use mass transit and walk to do a lot of sightseeing in Washington, DC.
>>
>>56883362
you'd probably have a unique and interesting experience assuming you will actually go hiking.

Lots of Germans seem to go to the Appalachian Trail, but there are lots of great trails.
>>
>>56886998
flights in the West are cheap, you can fly from Denver to Las Vegas one way for as low as 35-40$ on most days.

Even the Greyhound buses struggle to be that affordable and the Greyhound takes a long time to get where you're going too.

Renting a car would be the most interesting route though, there is a reason why American are obsessed with "road trips" its just nice to be able to pull over and go exploring any time you see something vaguely interesting. However its also the most expensive route to take.
>>
>>56886120

I forget, was it some black people or black people emulating whites that caught up with it?
>>
>>56883362
Ever seen Deliverance?
>>
>>56887359
I actually think it was some wigger who hated fun
>>
>>56887359
most likely some edgy kid who hates his own country and decided to make it look bad for "epic lulz dude"

Unfortunately the US is filled with these types now.
>>
>>56887374
Come on down.
It's safe.
>>
>>56883362
You would get shot or imprisoned
>>
Is it true yank women love British accents? I have above average looks here but I just want to travel around US for a while and fuck chicks who are ridiculously out of my league, is it likely?

Sorry for hijacking your thread Hans
>>
>>56888932

yes.
>>
>>56888932
you will be inundated with horribly shallow white chicks
>>
>>56888932
>out of my league
well...I can't guarantee how attractive they will be but you could probably find some sluts that would bang you.

>>56890166
not just white, I've seen plenty of Black girls take an interest in foreign accents. If he fancies some chocolate.
>>
>>56883362
Depends on if you're German or a Turk. One of those will result in
>get shot
The other will result in a good time but with a lot of walking as most of this shit is fucking empty.
>>
>>56890166
thankfully I'm a horribly shallow white male

>>56890263
that's superb news, I don't want to just go on a fuck fest across the US but if i could find at least one 9+/10 to shag me I'll take it as a success
>>
>>56890263
Eh, I guess I have too little experience minorities being in a pretty rural area. Which is bad because I have serious yellow fever.
>>
>>56890263
>not just white, I've seen plenty of Black girls take an interest in foreign accents. If he fancies some chocolate.
Black girls actually do have a huge thing for white guys that I noticed.

There's a weird dynamic to it though. Black girls have a HUGE inferiority complex when it comes to white girls combined with the worry we might be racist, whereas we are generally too stupid to understand women of other races can be attracted to us.

Also some of us are legit racists..
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.