[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /int/, I'm planning on doing a foreign exchange to Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-02-16_22-07-59.png (219 KB, 572x911) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-16_22-07-59.png
219 KB, 572x911
Hey /int/, I'm planning on doing a foreign exchange to Europe for a year, and I've narrowed it down to Croatia, Hungary, and Italy. Which one would be the best to stay in and why?
>>
>Hungary
Shit unless Budapest
>Italy
Shit unless Northern Italy
>Croatia
Only been to Rijeka and Dubrovnik, those were top tier places though.

Are you a College student?
>>
>>56832348

memes: the post
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwYz6ErNfwQ
>>
>>56832376
t. Never left his home state

Nothing wrong with giving out rules of thumb to a person who's most likely leaving the country by himself for the first time.
>>
>>56832447

t. been to southern italy numerous times, it's well above average, HDI is comparable to the UK and Greece.
>>
File: 7fceHZJ.png (9 KB, 364x364) Image search: [Google]
7fceHZJ.png
9 KB, 364x364
>>56832489
>been to southern italy numerous times, it's well above average, HDI is comparable to the UK and Greece.
Where are the proofs?
>>
File: america1431447527357.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
america1431447527357.png
14 KB, 500x500
>>56832248
come here burgerbro, we love america, man usa football is God! I love v8 and big tits!

seriosuly come here, we love americans
>>
File: region1.png (50 KB, 961x578) Image search: [Google]
region1.png
50 KB, 961x578
>>56832525
>>
>>56832561
You have just proven it's way below the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
>>
>>56832656

The UK only has an HDI of .9, which regions in the south match. Look at the 'HDI' column, not the GDP column. I said 'comparable', not identical.
>>
>>56832731
The difference between Greece and the UK is huge. But in HDI it's represented as a small numerical difference.
And I assume you want to go to a place like Napoli, Campania or something, which is Greece tier. But definitely not UK tier.
>>
>>56832932
But I'm just shitting up the thread. I'd just go to Austria if I was you.

It's a beautiful country with good food. Cheap for exchange students. You can perhaps find a part time job. And you can reach all the cool places in Europe easily from there.
>>
>>56832932

In any case, even if you feel that that is indeed the case (I don't see any reason that your claim should be substantiated, HDI isn't logarithmic), there are clearly regions in the south that aren't statistically differentiated from the UK based on HDI, which makes your claim extremely suspect.

>I assume you want to go to places like X, Y and Z(ed)

Right; meanwhile, in contrast, a place like London is a veritable paradise and not a multi-cultural, multi-racial shithole.
>>
>>56833102
>>56832932

Plus, that data is from a point in time when the HDI of the UK was .89, so lower than Abruzzo.

Has the UK just suddenly shot up on quality because of that small differences?
>>
>>56833165
I've been to Hungaria, Croatia and South Italy. And it really are third world shitholes in my experience.
In Croatia the people were the friendliests and in South Italy the people the unfriendliest. But I wouldn't study in either.
>>
>>56833285
>my experience

You know where your anecdotes belong vis-a-vis my facts, right? Penn will see you out.
>>
OP here, I don't plan on working while I'm there, and I'll be with a host family. I want a place with friendly people that aren't butt ugly and a place I can have fun in. Meanwhile experiencing their culture.
>>
>>56833341
But I don't want it to be near-third world or about to blow up.
>>
>>56833341
Croatia it is then. the dutch guy >>56833285 is kind of right we are 3rd world compared to WE but youll definatly enjoy your stay especially since american. I recommend zagreb. coast is close enought o check it out but youll stay in a metropolitan area.
>>
>>56832248
croatia
ill be ur friend
>>
>>56833285
Where have you been in Southern Italy, there are good parts and bad parts
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.