[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why british english is so awfull and hard to understand when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
why british english is so awfull and hard to understand when i hear it? cant they speak normal english like all people do
>>
>>56824526
>claims to speak English
>can't understand what English people are saying
Maybe you've just picked your brain with cheap vodka, Ivan
>>
Because Russian has a different origin than English
>>
>>56824639
i mean if they use american language why they are so retarded that they even pronounce it properly? is that because muslims and gays cucked them?
>>
>>56824526
Because you're not used to it. If British English would be as widespread as American English, you would be okay with it.
>>
>tfw north american accents but superior british spelling

Truly the glorious Canadian race has perfected the English language
>>
>>56825631
This tb h. No idea why we felt the need to "simplify" English. Is it really so hard to spell "favorite" instead of "favourite"? For fucks sake.
>>
>superior british spelling
i watched trainspotting and cant understand a word without subtitles
>>
>>56825955
It was more of a rebellion thing.
>>
>>56825955
You are the biggest tool I have ever seen.
>>
>>56825955
When you changed words you changed the derivation of many of them too. Now many of them have totally lost their original history of how they came about and words that offshoot from them. Retarded really.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGuGzH3Ne5w
>>
File: vinne jones bonjour.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
vinne jones bonjour.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1040
>>56826607
kek, good film.
>>
>>56826201
I think for some of it they were trying to get back to the original Latin

For example "valor" in US English comes from the Latin "valor"

Our spelling comes from Old French

I mean US spelling is still a bad meme but there is a method to the madness
>>
>>56825955
English orthography is awful and needs further reform if anything. Anybody who disagrees is just being needlessly conservative.
>>
>>56824526
I understand England's English better... but again I watched more British shows then American shows...
>>
File: muslamic ray guns.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
muslamic ray guns.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
vladimir is right. speak american you cunts, br*t accent is shite
>>
File: 1452718523179.jpg (63 KB, 420x960) Image search: [Google]
1452718523179.jpg
63 KB, 420x960
>English orthography is awful and needs further reform if anything. Anybody who disagrees is just being needlessly conservative
>>
>>56826803
>needing language reform

English is too relevant for that nonsense. Also there is too much regional bullshit and no regulatory body for the language.
>>
>>56824685
That post doesn't even make sense. I can tell why you can't understand British English now, you can't even speak English.
>>
>>56826928
sure , cosimo

trying to be a cucks cuck this hard
>>
>>56826909
Just make whatever the fuck they speak on American television the standard. All the non-natives are speaking like that anyway.
>>
>>56826982
Nobody in Italy is called Cosimo.

>trying to be a cucks cuck this hard
And this sentence makes no sense in the English language either, if you're so abysmally bad at speaking another language you just shouldn't bother.
>>
>>56825191
/thread
>>
>>56826928
if i want to know language i would learn it origin and right version like american english not stupid british that adopted it and can not even use it properly
>>
>>56826928
british english is sounds like arrogant reneck english
>>
redneck
>>
File: cosimo.jpg (15 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
cosimo.jpg
15 KB, 214x317
>>56827120
>>Nobody in Italy is called Cosimo.
rlly?

>>And this sentence makes no sense in the English language either

britbongs are obviously a bunch of top-tier cuck and you try to suck their dicks itt, this makes you a cucks cuck
>>
>>56827342
i agree, also it very stupi to learn adopted version of language like british english. learn original american version it sounds better, and its normal way to learn language
>>
>>56826998
I don't really see a huge difference between US-TV english and the British english we were taught at school, except for stuff like favourite.
>>
British English is easier to understand than American English. Anyway, that's why I can't watch movies in OV, because I don't understand the American accent.
>>
>>56827224
>>56827277
>>56827329
>>56827411
Terrible at baiting as well as English.

>>56827342
I have no idea who that is. And by the way in case you don't already know the word "Cuck" on 4Chan is a meme word that has no literal meaning. If you really want to bait you should make some effort to seem believable.

cuck's cuck*
>>
>>56827526
what man. my english is bad for you cause you is european. if you wuld american you would undesratnd me cause you wouldnt have that awfull british influence on english language
>>
>>56827526
>>I have no idea who that is
it is an italian called cosimo, so you have just been proved wrong

>>in case you don't already know the word "Cuck" on 4Chan is a meme word that has no literal meaning.

wrong, it has several meanings and you fit literally into all of them, sissy

>>If you really want to bait you should make some effort

you, however, keep on arguing with me,
so my bait works, bambina
>>
>>56827446
There is a big difference in how they sound, at least to me. Virtually all non-native speakers I've met speak with American accents, including some girls from the Gaeltacht.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.