[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Common core. Seriously, is it really a thing in USA or just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: adding-8-plus-5-to-make-ten.jpg (103 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
adding-8-plus-5-to-make-ten.jpg
103 KB, 640x640
Common core. Seriously, is it really a thing in USA or just a meme?
>>
>>56803207
It's 100% legit as much as that pains me to say
>>
Fake and gay, it's the type of shit that's made to be put up on minion facebook pages for middle aged people to share.
t. I spent two weeks taking care of my nephews including helping them with homework
>>
meme
>>
>>56803207
its real, I saw it on the internet
>>
"Here's a "repeated addition" Common Core problem that's taught in third grade in US schools:

Use the repeated-addition strategy to solve 5x3.

If you answer the question with 5+5+5=15, you would be wrong.

The correct answer is 3+3+3+3+3.

Mathematically, both are correct. But under Common Core, you're supposed to read 5x3 as "five groups of three." So "three groups of five" is wrong. This way of reading things, for instance, can be used when students learn matrices in multivariable calculus in high school. But parents aren't happy about it."
>>
>>56803766
I believe some form of validation is in order.
>>
>>56803766
Has common core actually been proven to be more effective than the regular way? If it is then I don't really mind.
>>
>>56803818
Here in New York it was a massive failure.
>>
>>56803207
This is depressing. I'm not sure what the case is in Europe, but in the US, 99% of elementary teachers are retarded sluts with no marketable skills and no talent, so they went to college because they "love kids" and want to teach.

I've fucked about 4-6 stupid sluts on campus at parties, black out drunk, who have told me they were education majors. They're too fucking stupid to learn anything more complicated than algebra or "hurr in 1776 the US was born and in 1861 there was a big war" so they just fuck and suck their way through 4 years to get a piece of paper that says they're qualified to teach 8 year olds that 2+2=4.

If you see a female teacher who teaches any grade lower than 9th in the US, and she's under 35, there is a 99.999% chance she is a stupid whore who is dumber than a box of rocks and has no problem filling your child's head with nonsense and wasting 20% of class time talking about her day and complaining about how her new boyfriend dumped her so all her students can bloat her ego by telling her she's pretty and the bestest person in the whole wide world and make her feel better about the fact that she doesn't have any children of her own because she wasted the best years of her life being a worthless cumdumpster passed around from guy to guy instead of staying faithful to the one guy who actually gave a shit about her I hope you're happy Sarah you filthy fucking whore
>>
>>56807138
lmao
>>
>>56807138
wow
>>
>>56803818
No, it's a clusterfuck.
>>
File: Illusion.jpg (46 KB, 427x479) Image search: [Google]
Illusion.jpg
46 KB, 427x479
>>56807138
Nice reddit copypasta m8
>>
>>56807138
>I hope you're happy Sarah you filthy fucking whore
I did not expect that
laughs were had
>>
>>56807138
damn
>>
>>56803207
wtf is this shit
>>
>>56807392
It's a way to make math more obfuscating so children don't learn to count.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 512x288
>>56807138
Press F to pay respect
>>
>>56807138
>>>/pol/68463982
>>
what the fuck is this
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.