[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens once Britain leaves the EU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14
File: 132823.webm (888 KB, 620x720) Image search: [Google]
132823.webm
888 KB, 620x720
What happens once Britain leaves the EU?
>>
Absolutley nothing changes either for the UK or for the EU.
>>
No more revival of anglo imperialism from under the cloak of a "union".
:D
>>
I really want to see this, life is so damn boring with your everyday rat race.
>>
Honestly I want to congratulate them because they actually have a chance to leave this """""""" Union""""""""
>>
>>56765178
pay debts and you can leave too
>>
Is there a reason why are still in the EU? Don't they have to change their currency to Euros next year or some shit?
>>
>>56766635
Having a say in EEA. Not risking pro-EU Scotland leaving the union.
>>
>>56765178
ARE YE READY KIDS?!
"Aye Aye Captain!"
I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUUUUUUU"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"

OOOOOOOOOHHHHH..
WHO LIVES IN A BOX BY THE AEGEAN SEA?
"Greece won't pay debts!"
IN DEBT TO GERMANS AND BANKRUPT IS HE!/color] "Greece won't pay debts!"
INTO HIS ECONOMY YOUR TAX MONEYS SUNK
WHO VOTES FOR THE COMMIES 'TIL HIS WHOLE COUNTRY IS F*CKED?!

READY?
"Greeks won't pay debts!"

>>
>>56765111
They won't.
>>
>>56765111
Literally literally literally fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>56768180
>[/color]
cute
>>
>>56768180
good post
>>
File: 1458134204507.jpg (21 KB, 415x370) Image search: [Google]
1458134204507.jpg
21 KB, 415x370
>>56768180
>/color]
>Censoring
Would you like to try again?
>>
well if they do leave we can finally just give all refugees a trip to normandy and a complementary rubber boat
>>
>>56768180
I miss those days lad tbqh
>>
>>56768290
ARE YE READY KIDS?!
"Aye Aye Captain!"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"

OOOOOOOOOHHHHH..
IN DEBT TO GERMANS AND BANKRUPT IS HE!
WHO VOTES FOR THE COMMIES 'TIL HIS WHOLE COUNTRY IS F*CKED?!

READY?

just for you
>>
>>56768362
>F*CKED
just stop
>>
>>56766635
>Don't they have to change their currency to Euros next year or some shit?

No. We have exemptions for all the things we don't want. We're in the EU for the Single Market. We opted out of the Euro, Schengen and "ever closer union".
>>
>>56766635
Change currency? Where have you heard that?
afaik, both Denmark & The UK have opt out from the Euro and any other country within the EU that doesn't use the Euro has to eventually move to it
>>
>>56768386
ARE YE READY KIDS?!
"Aye Aye Captain!"
"AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"

OOOOOOOOOHHHHH..
IN DEBT TO GERMANS AND BANKRUPT IS HE!/color] "Greece won't pay debts!"
WHO VOTES FOR THE COMMIES 'TIL HIS WHOLE COUNTRY IS FUCKED?!

READY?

Just for you.
>>
>>56768502
ha
>>
Besides, even IF the government wanted us to adopt the Euro (not even Blair's government did), they would have to win consent via referendum. Which they would lose. Because no one wants the Euro.

Also a new law passed in Britain means that if the EU attempts to take further powers from the UK, there has to be a referendum in which the public can block it if they wish
>>
>>56765111
become further shithole, Scotland then independent from it and rejoin EU.
>>
>>56768629
Scotland lost their referendum, I don't see them becoming independent any time soon
>>
>>56768629
>Scotland then independent from it and rejoin EU.
lmao
>>
>>56768502
>/color]
>>
>>56768426
>>56768482
You have until 2020.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10935617/After-2020-all-EU-members-will-have-to-adopt-the-euro.html
>>
>>56768722
That's an opinion piece you fucking idiot. He's saying that he thinks the EU will integrate so much by 2020 that the UK will be forced out even if it votes to remain

Stop spreading misinformation you piece of shit. Educate yourself instead:

>What are the main changes David Cameron has agreed?
>Eurozone - Britain can keep the pound while being in Europe, and its business trade with the bloc, without fear of discrimination. Any British money spent on bailing out eurozone nations will be reimbursed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887
>>
>>56768722
Also,
>July 2014.

Really? You're not unaware that the UK's relationship with the EU has been renegotiated since then?

This guy's predictions have turned out to be complete bull. Back in 2014 integration was "inevitable", today in 2016 the Schengen Zone literally doesn't exist any more.
>>
>>56768180
holy shit! KEK
>>
>>56768722
>Americans trying to understand things
>>
>>56765111
Nords will conquer it again.
>>
>>56765111
We'll find out soon enough. I'm voting to leave.
>>
File: 1447585200775.png (13 KB, 409x476) Image search: [Google]
1447585200775.png
13 KB, 409x476
>>56768809
>>56768904
>>56768942
>March 1st

Sorry I don't keep up to date with British politics.
>>
File: coins.jpg (1 MB, 1298x1999) Image search: [Google]
coins.jpg
1 MB, 1298x1999
>>56768809
Get out.
>>
>>56765111
It leaving per se won't change much. What it means to other countries however, will change anything. Britain will prove, especially to non-eurozone nations, that one can indeed leave the EU without negative consequences. Other nations will be more inclined to leave if they're not satisfied with the state of affairs. Especially Eastern Europe, which is not too happy with the migrant crisis, will be inspired by Britain's example. A Frexit, on the other hand, will crash this union with no survivors.

In terms of desirability, for me it's
both > frexit > brexit
>>
File: 1436569333147.jpg (75 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1436569333147.jpg
75 KB, 499x499
>>56768996
Remember those ancient wise words of your northern allies, my American friend. "It's [the current year]!"

>>56769051
What's your problem retard? You got issues with the truth?
>>
File: coin-all-collage.jpg (337 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
coin-all-collage.jpg
337 KB, 1600x900
>>56769108
>What's your problem retard? You got issues with the truth?

>>56769051
Was meant to reply to >>56768722
>>
>>56769064
>Britain will prove, especially to non-eurozone nations, that one can indeed leave the EU without negative consequences

Not every country is Britain though. Those countries would have their own positives and negatives to deal with. Britain is well prepared to leave more than most.
>>
File: _73669828_021583937-1.jpg (26 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_73669828_021583937-1.jpg
26 KB, 624x351
>>56769166
Fair enough.

God save the Queen and the Pound Sterling
>>
>>56769166
>Actually having your currency depict events and people who are important to your country's history and identity
How racist and intolerant! Why doesn't your currency have more inclusive depictions like A FUCKING WINDOW?
>>
>>56765111

Most likely nothing.
Firstly, they are not likely to leave in the first place.
Secondly, even if they vote to leave, the government still has to negotiate terms under which UK will participate in the single market, i.e. something like Norway or Switzerland. In both cases the only difference will be cosmetic - EU flags will vanish. UK law will however still be dominated by international law, only this time the treaties will be called differently.

Also Tracer a qt.
>>
>>56769218
>Those countries would have their own positives and negatives to deal with.
True, but if Britain leaves without instantly collapsing like a badly made soufflé, it will at least encourage other countries to make the jump if they're unsatisfied enough. I believe what's keeping a lot of countries from leaving is fear of the unknown and the fact that a lot of people actually believe they need the EU.

It's like an elephant tied to a pole with a piece of string. The only reason he doesn't try to break free is because he believes he cannot. Once he realizes he can easily break the string, everyone around him is in deep shit.
>>
File: coin-pound.jpg (288 KB, 1280x799) Image search: [Google]
coin-pound.jpg
288 KB, 1280x799
>>56769233
That's a nice window tho.
>>
>>56769273
This. We'd get nothing except the illusion of sovereignty, we'd still have to pay into the EU budget like Norway and Switzerland, and we would have no influence on EU law-making
>>
File: 1340809845945[1].jpg (157 KB, 850x528) Image search: [Google]
1340809845945[1].jpg
157 KB, 850x528
>>56769292
It's literally the only thing the EU member states have in common. We all have old buildings, so let's just put old buildings on our currency. Not individually existing old buildings mind you, just fucking conceptual old buildings.

I have a list of people for the EU bills that would actually make sense to be on there, but I'm pretty sure there are people who would oppose this.

>€5
>Alexander the Great
>"HURR DURR LE RACIST CONQUEROR PERSIANS DINDU NUFFIN"

>€10
>Julius Caesar
>This guy might be accepted

>€20
>Charlememe
>The EU already sucks Charlememe's balls so okay, that's fine

>€50
>Charles V
>"Lol ho dat xDDD Kim Kardashian's new boyfrien xDDD?"

>€100
>Napoleon
>"HURR DURR EVIL CONQUEROR LITERALLY HITLER EVIL EVIL EVIL"

>€200
>Victor Hugo
>"ANOTHER FRENCHMAN? TOO RAYCIS? WHERE DA POLES AT? WHERE DA CROATS AT? WHERE DA SERBIANS AT? SERBIA STRONK"

>€500
>Jean Monnet
>"ANOTHER FRENCHMAN REEEEEEEEE SVERIGE STRONK MUH GUSTAV ADOLPHUS"

Just with Britain this problem doesn't exist. You just compile a list of important people in British history and while some may say that person X is more deserving of person Y (does Churchill deserve his own bill? What about Richard I? Will King Louis ever be acknowledged as an English king?), at least most of England can agree that the people who end up on the currency (or the events) were important enough to warrant extra attention.

>Inb4 someone says my list doesn't make sense, proving my point in the process
>>
>>56765178
What ever you guys do, dont do this
>>56766551

let the yuropoor bankers get fucked.
>>
>>56769500
>you will never see Hitler on a Euro
>>
>>56765111
France lets the calais jungle loose on you.
>>
File: Pound notes.jpg (144 KB, 591x691) Image search: [Google]
Pound notes.jpg
144 KB, 591x691
>>56769500
Yeah we're getting new people on ours in the coming years
>>
>>56769500
I'll never understand why people get so easily triggered by banal bullshit.

So these people were not saints. Why care? Their contribution to history helped shaped the continent, for better or worse.

That said, those windows, doors and bridges are nice too.
>On the front of both series of euro banknotes, windows and doorways are shown. They symbolise the European spirit of openness and cooperation. The bridges on the back symbolise communication between the people of Europe and between Europe and the rest of the world.

>The windows, doorways and bridges shown on the banknotes are stylised illustrations, not images of, or from, actual constructions.

I do wonder how much time will pass until Hitler and Stalin begin appearing on notes though.
>>
>>56769741
>I do wonder how much time will pass until Hitler and Stalin begin appearing on notes though.

I predict we'll sooner see Mehmet than those fagotsget
>>
>>56769741
>So these people were not saints. Why care?
Because these people, in spite of their differences, all dreamed of a united Europe? Some under dynastic ties, others under enlightened despotism and others under a brotherhood of nations. They are important figures to what Europe is. And a country without a history and a story is not a country at all. If Europe even wants the slightest pretense of being a unified federation, it needs a common historical narrative.

>They symbolise the European spirit of openness and cooperation.
And here we have the problem. Not only is this non-offensive, these "European" values are not only more American than European... they have existed for 80 years at most. The thousands of years of history before that are thrown out of the window. This is historical revisionism and little more.

Now look at England's list
>>56769738
These people were all important to England's history. They are not "tolerant" figures who fit the "muh multicultural tolerance" narrative. Stephen Fry isn't on that fucking list, nor is John Oliver. People like Newton and Dickens and Faraday were/are on it. People who shaped the country.

Why is it out of place to put the people who shaped Europe on Europe's currency? Oh, I forgot, because to create Europe we must abolish Europe. Diversity is our strength, servitude is independence, oppression is freedom.
>>
>>56765111
>tfw no tomboyish British bomber pilot gf who teases you for being weaker than her and speaks with a sophisticated accent despite being rather rowdy and blunt
>>
>>56769910
Why not put artists like Leonardo, Van Gogh, Picaso, or even musicians like Beethoven? Or is that too offense?
>>
>>56769948
>tfw no Dutch weab gf
>>
>>56769982
>Or is that too offense?
Of course it is because it downplays the contributions of Scandinavia, the British Isles and Eastern Europe. There's no winning with people who have nothing in common.
>>
>>56765111
Britain can finally go full cuck, like they always wanted to.
>>
>>56770243
>Britain can finally go full cucked, like they always wanted to.

fix'd
>>
>>56769948
She's a qt, but she sounds like an American trying to do a English accent. Similar to the likes of Cammy from Street Fighter and Ivy from Soul Calibur. Dunno why they do it, plenty of good voice actors in the UK.
>>
File: 198672[2].jpg (55 KB, 471x500) Image search: [Google]
198672[2].jpg
55 KB, 471x500
>>56770243
If Britain wanted to go full cuck, they'd stay in the EU and copy Merkel: one million rapefugees in a year, first and foremost the ones in Calais.
>>
>>56765111

we aren't leaving
>>
>>56765111
gbp and eur are going to free fall. dem and frf shall be resurrected.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.