[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Istanbul or Constantinople?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: Constantinople-Kara-Kevi.jpg (60 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
Constantinople-Kara-Kevi.jpg
60 KB, 600x438
Istanbul or Constantinople?
>>
Istanbul of course, the conqueror decides
>>
Istanbul
>>
>>56751710
Now it's İstanbul , not Constantinople
>>
Byzantium
>>
Miklagarður.
>>
>>56751737
This is such low hanging fruit, I'm not even going to pick it.
>>
Цapьгpáд
>>
Cistanbul not Contranstinople.
>>
>>56751710
Miklagård
>>
Tsargrad desu
>>
>>56751797
>>56752711
nordic brothers my man
>>
>>56751710
Byzantion.
>>
>>56751710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg
>>
Âsitân was way common in Greeks then Konstantinopolis so Istanbul is way more revelant. But I prefer Konstantinopolis like in the Ottoman times. Fuck Ataturk desu.
>>
>>56751737
The conquerers called it Kostantiniyye. It was changed to Instanbul in the 20th century.
>>
>>56751710
Constantineston of course.
>>
>>56751774
If I had a date in Constantinople, will she be waiting in Istanbul?
>>
>>56751710
I often hear and read people who hate on turks to call it constantinople because its greek and istambul ist apparently to the turkish. and of course turk is worst. but as far as I remember istambul is from the greek istimbolin "in the city" and generally the inhabitants of the city called their city just different. the turks didnt change it from one day to another, because they despise the greek and christianity. names and language just changes. we dont call london londonium, just because the romans once called it that.
also what the swede said. conquerer's right. if he changes the city name, then so be it.
the answer is istambul.
>>
>>56753929
sry I mean istanbul not istambul
>>
Cockroach nest
>>
>>56754003
Still more beautiful than anything you have in your giant drugs factory that you call home.
>>
>>56754213

t. milhouse vanhouten
>>
File: Konstantinopol.jpg (619 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Konstantinopol.jpg
619 KB, 1920x1080
No need to argue. It's this simple. It has changed in 28 March 1930. One of the Ataturk things.
>>
>>56754213
> drug factory
> argentina

this is not holland, you retarded mill shagger.
>>
Istambul sounds better
>>
>>56751710
Constantinople. Istanbul is a shitty name
>>
>>56751710
i call it k*rd filled shithole. when will we reconquer it b t w? when will we purge k*rd and syrian subhumans from those beautiful lands? mehmet and ataturk are spinning in their graves.
>>
New Venice
>>
>>56754806
I expected better from you, Columbia.
>>
Konstantinoupolis
>>
>>56751737
Conquerors called it by its name.
>>
>>56753584
Why exactly did they change?

>>56751806
If you would've been creative about it I wouldn't have minded.
>>
>>56753712
>Bongstantinople
>>
>>56751779
only rational poster ITT
>>
>>56751710
Kostantina
>>
>>56757076
>Why exactly did they change?
>The conquerers called it Kostantiniyye. It was changed to Instanbul in the 20th century.

He just said it, you fucking idiot
>>
>>56757076
>>56757076
>Why exactly did they change?
I can't say. People just liked it better that way.
>>
Mehmetinopolis
>>
>>56754669
Wow, Constantinople is smaller than I thought...

History books would have you believe this city was massive.
>>
Byzántion
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcze7EGorOk
>>
>>56751710
Cumstainpineapple
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.