[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO explain to me how this isn't European
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
>DUDE ALCOHOL LMAO

explain to me how this isn't European """culture""" in a nutshell?
>>
Bump.

No one deny it.
>>
Life, liberty and the pursue of burger
>>
>>56736709
Dog bless :DDD
>>
>not liking alcohol
Alcohol is humanity's friend and so on. God save scotland.
>>
>>56732681
This holds some truth desu. Ive never understood why people are always obsessed about a fucking poison
>>
>>56736800
>t. Rasheed ibn Jubali
>>
>>56732681
At least we drink alcohol with dignity instead of making every drinking experience into a competitive game so Chad can finally excel at something in life.
>>
>>56736831
That's such fucking bs though. I studied abroad in Europe.
>>
>>56736800
Ahmed pls
>>
>>56736822
Upvoted
>>
most germans are actually disgusted by oktoberfest
it sseems to be popular abroad though
>>
>>56736822
I'm ethnically Dutch, irreligious and I don't drink alcohol desu. It's a poison.
>>
>>56736947
>most germans are actually disgusted by oktoberfest
why?
>>
>>56736924
>>56736822
>implying he's wrong
>implying you're not just a fucking druggie trying to reationalize his addiction to something more dangerous than cocaine
>>
Hon hon le good wine
>>
>>56736924
>hurr durr you muslim lol xD now excuse me while im literally damaging my body for arbitary reasons

You dont need to be a muslim to know that alcohol is shit
>>
>>56736871
This.
If only he could see how the European exchange students party.
>>
>enjoying a nice beer or whisky once in a while
>"lmao disgusting alcoholists, why don't you inject another shot"
What the fuck?
>>
>>56732681
at least is good beer
>>
>>56737036
>once in a while
Every degenerate shit here drinks it atleast 5 times a week. Dont be deluded
>>
>>56736979
general degeneracy, also it's very commercial
oh and because it's bavarian I guess
>>
>>56737133
You can't enjoy something because other people are drinking in excess? Kill yourself.
>>
Why do people pretent enjoying alcohol? Only some wines have taste. Strong spirits and beer are just disgusting. And this horrible tradition of drinking alcohol when you eat. What the fuck? You just ruin the taste of the food. Do all westerners do this?
>>
>>56736985
>>56737025
Isil shouldnt be allowed on /int/
>>
>>56737263
there are some beers that also taste good
>>
>>56737281
T. Works for the alcohol lobbies
>>
File: 1446031080184.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1446031080184.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>56732681
I don't mind alcohol. Makes everyone more tolerable, including myself.

What's your preferred poison /int/?
>>
>>56737025
>>56736957
It is a poison. At the same time, it is the most functional poison with regards to human behaviour we have ever encountered. Yes, if drank too much, it will fuck up your liver (and in the process of doing that, probably a couple of other organs), but man shouldn't forget the benefits it brings with regards to evolutionary psychological behaviour. It is no strange thing to see that all the most civilized countries (Russia aside) are very big consumers of alcohol. What we also shouldn't forget is that there exists a typical correlation between levels of inhibition, and alcohol intoxication. It boils down to this. Civilized cultures are so civilized, that through modern societal conditioning, people find it incredibly hard to relax or let loose in social settings. What is needed to let the animal out and cause relaxation from hard mental work? Alcohol. Primitive cultures, throughout the day, are usually a lot less inhibited, so they have no specific social need for alcohol in large uncomfortable social interactions.

TL;DR : Alcohol is poison but it is necessary for advanced cultures to thrive and along the way makes many of these people cocky as fuck and make moves that no sober person would do, therefore increasing the stature of the entire population, instead of muslim shitskins that just sit around all day playing board games and feel miserable.
>>
>>56732681
this is a non-sharia zone, leave
>>
>>56737703
Beers with a shit ton of hops. Any strong beer. Whisky and red wine. Don't do anything else rly.
>>
File: lagunitas-little-sumpin.jpg (184 KB, 700x667) Image search: [Google]
lagunitas-little-sumpin.jpg
184 KB, 700x667
>>56737703
>>
>>56737703
Beefeater or jager straight from the freezer
>>
>>56736985
For fuck's sake, how I'm supposed to live in this cold and depressing shithole without alcohol?
I would have killed myself a long time ago if I couldn't get drunk sometimes and forget all my troubles.

>>56737263
If you drink enough beer and strong spirits, you'll get used to its taste.

>>56737703
Depends on how much money I can spend on alcohol. Whiskey, vodka or lots and lots of beer.
>>
>>56737779
Med student here. I'm taking a nutrition course.
Alcohol is -obviously- a poison and it does mess up with people psychological behavior. Not only when they're drunk, its effects last for days.
Still, intaking up to 10g of alcohol/day for women, 18g for man, while eating your meal does benefit physical health. It's something like 250ml of beer and 130ml of red wine, but it depends by the firm.
There's a strong evidence about this. The main problem is that A LOT OF PEOPLE do easily abuse of the drug, so it's a very difficult situation. We have to deal with a molecule that has strong benefits at low doses, but the information can't go mainstream, because it's also VERY addictive and the abuse of this chemical creates a lot of social, economical and health problems.

It does not concern the topic, but IARC (which is the international agency about cancer risks) is going to make a conference towards the end of March (or May, I can't remember), about potential risks of coffee (it may also be a good drugs, because it seems to have protective effects on the liver).
Also, green tea is reaaally good for health and mood.
(Also, intermitting fasting 5-6 days a month, 1-2 per week does improve life span of mammals. It also improve brain, liver, hearth functions)
>>
>>56740368
>studying medicine
>in fucking italy
I wouldn't brag.
>>
>>56740368
So it's actually binge drinking and high daily intakes of alcohol (>20-25g for men) which are very harmful to society and psyco-physical health of the individual.
>>
>>56740484
We have maybe the longest life-span in Europe. Our public health care is also one of the best of the world. The state basically pay for everything.

Anyway, our nutrition professor is Visiol. He worked in Boston and Madrid and is one of the big bosses of EFSA, which is the agency that authorizes Transgenic Organism in Europe.
You can find some of his articles published in Cells, looking for him on Google Scholar.
>>
>>56740723
I'm just kidding, study hard and make your parents proud.
>>
Americans can't handle real civilization.
>>
File: iqalcoholexponential.png (100 KB, 761x477) Image search: [Google]
iqalcoholexponential.png
100 KB, 761x477
>>
>>56737779
Yes and no. The historical value of alcohol lay in disinfecting water. But obviously that's not the only method. The reason most asians lack the enzyme to break down alcohol is because they were smarter and learned earlier the disinfecting effect of bringing water to a rolling boil. Thus no evolutionary pressure to possess this enzyme could ever affect their population. So your point about civilized cultures needs a footnote as you're apparently talking about European cultures.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.