[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minnesota/NorthDakota Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: TEA-Zone-Map-with-Key1.png (2 MB, 5321x3198) Image search: [Google]
TEA-Zone-Map-with-Key1.png
2 MB, 5321x3198
Anyone else from the area? Post Home Counties. Thoughts on living in this region? Ill Start: Norman County MN, live in country, Farm. I enjoy it.
>>
File: pill.png (3 MB, 1916x798) Image search: [Google]
pill.png
3 MB, 1916x798
Olmsted County. Love midwest threads. Tried a midwest general never caught on after the novelty of the first one. Live in Rochester (currently in school out of state though), would love to live in the county tBH
>>
Would love to go to either MN or WI. Only been in the Deep South so far and it was better than expected.

How obvious are German influences up there?
>>
>>56705511
Yea it seems like people aren't interested in this thread at all :(. Been to Rochester a few times! What are you going to school for? Where?
>>
>>56705642
MN is pretty fun. There were a lot of German settlers, especially farther south in MN. What part of Germany are you from?
>>
>>56705642
The upper midwest is heavily german. Minnesota is objectively better than wisconsin. You'd probably like it.

>>56705676
I go to school in Colorado. Transferring to a school in Alberta. I will be studying geography after I transfer (yes, I know what board I'm on lol)
>>
>>56706061
Really? The twin cities sound nice desu. So do Milwaukee and Madison though.

>>56705708
I'm from Bayern also known as the German Texas.
>>
>>56706111
The twin cities are great, especially Minneapolis. So many lakes and natural areas and a vibrant downtown. Friendly folk as well.

Madison is nice as well. I have a friend who goes to university there. He loves it but I think he'd say that about most non-degenerate cities to remain non-confrontational. It's nice though.

Milwaukee, well, that's a bit sketchier and a bit more dangerous. Another friend of mine is moving there this summer with his girlfriend, we are giving him shit about it non-stop.

The northern portions of both states are beautiful forest and lake country (and quite hilly too) and Lake Superior is a huge part of the culture up there, not to mention absolutely beautiful. I'm biased, but northern Minnesota is way better than northern wisconsin (which is nice too) because it's bigger, more wild, and more beautiful.

Anyway that's a bit of a ramble but that's some info about the upper midwest.
>>
File: IMG_2071.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2071.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>56706061
Lol sounds interesting Anon! I go to the University of Minnesota Crookston. Just about done with my 4 year in agriculture.
>>56706111 What do you do in Germany Anon? What is there of Interest in your area?
>>56706219
Northern Part is great. Im from the edge of the plains area(Pic Related) and only a 45 minute drive from Itasca State Park and the start of the Mississippi River. Pretty country! We all make fun of Wisconsin but its alright I guess. The Wisconsin kids get really defensive if you say much at my school though lol
>>
>>56705225
>Minnesota/ND thread
We are your neighbors too am I welcome?
t. Iowa
>>
>>56706740
Why not? Where you at in Iowa Anon? What do you do?
>>
>>56706766
I'm just an electrician down in the Quad cities. Eastern border of Iowa right on the river about 1 hour from Wisconsin.
>>
>>56706740
my siblings both went to the u of I. Iowa city is a nice town tBH
>>
>>56706766
Thats pretty solid. I thought about going to Lineman school when I was younger. Ever make it up north?
>>
>>56706801
Iowa city is pretty nice, GOAT bars and college girls.
>>56706812
Yeah I've been to the twin cities a lot and have family that lives in Bloomington and driven through the state to get to Canada.
>>
>>56706859
get up and live in MN, dude
>>
>>56706941
I've actually been thinking about moving to MN its nice it's a lot like my area in Iowa just with more pine trees and bears. I'm sure you guys have a similar job growth situation as we do so it would just be a matter of actually filing applications and moving.
>>
>>56706981
Yes. Minnesota would be an upgrade, pretty much anywhere you end up. The outdoors are nearly unmatched IMO
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK