[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Europe >less powerful today than it was yesterday >more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (745 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
745 KB, 1920x1200
>Europe

>less powerful today than it was yesterday

>more powerful today than it will be tomorrow

Why is this board so Eurocentric? It's like a typewriter fan club in the age of computers.

Pic related - it's a beach in Wales
>>
you're one to talk, pedro
>>
>>56682385
The UK has been getting more powerful since the low point of the 1970s
>>
>>56682385
I live near that beach. Wouldn't recommend visiting if you don't speak Welsh though. Very few of the locals are good at English
>>
>>56682385
True, we should all be talking about China.
>>
File: Crying Wojak.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
Crying Wojak.png
29 KB, 633x758
>my ancestors left Wales for this shithole
>I was born in and still live in FUCKING ARIZONA
>>
>>56683358
Wales is a fucking shithole m8. There's a reason they left

Just move to a good part of the USA and be thankful you're not stuck here.
>>
that picture doesn't look like wales
>>
>>56683672
It's a Saudi owned beach
>>
>>56682595
Sauce
>>
File: economic_decline.jpg (92 KB, 595x338) Image search: [Google]
economic_decline.jpg
92 KB, 595x338
>>56685080
Pic. See also, changes in British military, ascendancy of London, change in UK-EU relationship, UK's position in world GDP rankings. I will go into more detail if you want
>>
>>56683358

i've been to both and arizona is miles better than the shithole land of wales
>>
>>56685610
Ok maybe I'm thick but I don't see the UK on that graph, what is uk = 100 each year mean?
>>
>>56686134
It means the UK is always 100, and the other countries are plotted relative to the UK. E.g. at the beginning in 1820, you can see that the UK's real GDP per capita is almost double that of France and Germany.

If they're above 100 like the US at the end, it means they have a higher real GDP per capita than us.

When the line is going up, it means the UK's GDP per capita is getting smaller relative to that country. So you can see the UK's economic was in decline relative to those three countries until 1979.

When the line goes down, it means the UK is getting stronger relative to those countries
>>
>>56686134
I got the graph from this article if you want context

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2014/06/britains-economy
>>
>>56686437
Ah, I see. Thanks lad.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.