[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The best language, the best writing system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: River scene.jpg (190 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
River scene.jpg
190 KB, 500x750
What is objectively the best language? That is both efficient in it's verbage, and easy on the ears?

>Language
Me being an American, I only know one language, so I'm not qualified to decide. But I hear that German, while being a very masculine language, has a very strange system of participles that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and is very hard to learn. French has always sounded a little funky to me, and French accents don't sound very nice. Italian is a very beautiful, flowery language that is often used in opera, but can it really measure up to English?

>Writing System
In any case, it seems like the European writing system and arabic lettering is far superior to the character-based writing systems from the East. Rather than having to memorize entire handbooks of characters to spell out a sentence, you have the same 26 phonetic letters which can be mixed and matched at will to create a broad spectrum of complex ideas. New words and meanings can be manufactured on the fly, simply by thinking of new combinations of letters and pronunciations.

I would say that the English language and the English writing system is objectively one of the best, or else it would not have taken off like wildfire across the world. Prove me wrong.
>>
poland
>>
File: enoch_by_t_e_e_t_h-d6aa3kp.png (330 KB, 480x624) Image search: [Google]
enoch_by_t_e_e_t_h-d6aa3kp.png
330 KB, 480x624
>>56672057
>easy on the ears
Now that's plan subjective.
>>
the best language is greek
>>
>>56672057
Honestly, when it comes to writing it has to be Hangul.

Korean, as a spoken language is shit, but their alphabet is based and incredibly efficient.
>>
esperanto
>>
>>56672057
German tbhfam

As for writing system? Latin is good, but could use some improvements
>>
>>56672057

The English writing system is fucking stupid.

Knife.... a K, a mother fucking K.....
>>
>>56672289
Why do you say German?
It has a lot of guttural sounds from the back of the throat.
It doesn't seem so nice
>>
File: 1452089578773.jpg (53 KB, 506x514) Image search: [Google]
1452089578773.jpg
53 KB, 506x514
>>56672057
>Me being an American, I only know one language
Stopped reading here.
Why is it always americans that make dumb threads like this?
They take shitpost to such a freaking level that aussies would be jealous.
>>
>>56672381
I love guttural sounds. Which is why I like Arabic, Syriac and Hebrew as languages.

It's subjective really.
>>
>>56672369

Also saying/writing "that that."

Fucking stupid.
>>
File: ca2.jpg (52 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
ca2.jpg
52 KB, 680x680
>>56672057
>Language
>Writing System

Hungarian, obviously. We sound like ayy lmao's from outer space.
>>
>>56672057
>Easy on the ear
Completely subjective. There is no point in discussing this.

>Writing System
European languages with new/reformed writing systems.
For example any of Finnic, Baltic or East Slavic languages.
>>
>>56672134

I've always wonder what English sounds like to someone who doesn't understand it, or it isn't their native tongue.

I've seen videos on YouTube about it, but they are just saying random English words.
>>
>>56672999
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5TL1l9QYQ
>>
>>56673098

Humm, interesting.

Thanks for the link annon.
>>
>>56672999
Until I became fluent,
It sounded like someone trying to speak french while chewing on a sandwich.
>>
>>56673393

Haha no shit. That is how some dialects of French sound to me. Not sure what region they are from, but some French speakers just sound like they are mumbling one long word.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.