[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New EU capital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 12
File: stephansdormroof.jpg (58 KB, 620x385) Image search: [Google]
stephansdormroof.jpg
58 KB, 620x385
Brussels is currently the de-facto capital of the EU, but the city is infested with jihadis, and as a matter of fact Lelgium isn't even a real country anyway.
You must now elect a new EU capital, along with an explanation and justification.
How about Vienna?
>>
Brussels is ideal for the EU administration
>>
>>56666398
Mars
We can send all EU officials right there
>>
>>56666488
You wasted Hitlerdubs for such a shitty post.
>>
>>56666398
Strasbourg is already the vice-capital
>>
>>56666398
>How about Vienna?
/thread
>>
>>56666451
What, chaotic, barely functional, filled with muslims? You get the capital you deserve I suppose.
>>
they picked brussels for the same reason as washington dc because no one could agree
>>
Luxembourg

It's already a city-state, so it wouldn't be in favour of any country.
>>
>>56666727
Same as Australia тbh, now we're stuck with fucking Canberra.

At least DC and Brussels have nice buildings.
>>
>>56666735
This or Lichtenstein.
>>
>>56666398
>Lelgium isn't even a real country anyway

Exactly why it houses the bureaucratic centralist clusterfuck that is the EU
>>
Glorious Rome
>>
Nowhere, gas the eurocrats, ends the EU now
>>
>>56666735
You want a fiscal paradise to be the center of the EU? ... Makes sense, actually.
>>
somewhere in Poland, Krakow or something
because Poland is BASEDEST of all european countries atm
>>
>>56667016
It's a good way to keep them under tight scrutiny.
>>
The capital of the EU should be Vilnius.
>>
>>56666712
it reflects the state of the union for sure
>>
>>56666859
Or a reconquered Koenigsberg
>>
>>56666818
>now we're stuck with fucking Canberra.
herd u talkin' shit like I wouldn't find out, cunt?
>>
>>56667484
politicians
>>/out/
>>
>>56666398
St Petersburg

it makes sense because EU is a cuck union of cucked countries, so it's capital should be cucked away from it.
>>
>>56667511
>he wants to get rid of his local representative
Well, okay, I guess...
>>
>>56667644
Nah, Brisbane
>>
>>56666398
If jihadi infestation is your problem, then consider the fact that literally half of Vienna is immigrants or their children.
>>
Why not Rome for old times sake?
>>
File: capital of the world.jpg (227 KB, 962x642) Image search: [Google]
capital of the world.jpg
227 KB, 962x642
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Justification:

- most important city in the EU
- biggest GDP
- best connected airport
- near/in all Big Three important EU countries
- impregnable to invasion in case EU faces a foreign threat
- language of the city is English, the lingua franca
- capital of the UK which is the most European country of the EU (mix of germanics, celts, scandis, frenchies, etc)

I have won this argument. Witness me.
>>
make it Lisbon
>>
>>56667807
it's already home to too many other things. same reason you wouldn't make NYC the capital of the states, don't put all your eggs in one basket.
>>
>>56667807
>make London EU capital
>UK leaves the EU, London stays
>eventually EU collapses on itself, UK reclaims London, massive civilian casualties and ethnic deportation/cleansing happens
>EU crushed and London cleaned
not a bad idea
>>
>>56667807
>be capital of EU
>leave EU
>great britain is the EU now

very clever Nigel
>>
>>56667950
OY VOY THEY KNOW

SHUT IT DOWN
>>
File: 1444593831142.jpg (96 KB, 306x806) Image search: [Google]
1444593831142.jpg
96 KB, 306x806
>>56667882
You can never have too many eggs. London MUST grow stronger.
>>
>>56666735
This or Vienna
>>
Wien.

Wien is at the geographical center of Europe, close to every corner of it.

It is also the most symbolic European city, with a lot of architecture, history, sighseeing spots.
It has not many population and no problem with shitskins.

Austria is the most European European country too.

So I'm going with Wien.
>>
>>56666712
No, it's low key, cosy and not very big

I didn't register that much chaos or problems with functioning when I was there
>>
>>56668170
Wiena is full of shitskins

Arabs, turks, albanians
>>
Prague
>>
>>56668110
>>56668170
>>56666642
Vienna is too much to the East of the EU. But yeah, it's a nice city

>>56667734
12% of Vienna are muslims
It's around 20% for Brussels
>>
>>56668367
It's probably all the same in all major European cities, except in slavshit countries where you have to deal with your very own problems ie raging Russians.

>>56668399
Vienna is geographically the center of Europe, it should be all fine. Still better than Rome (capital city of a poor country), Paris (only shitskins left), Brussels (see Paris) and others. Would rather vote for Luxembourg, Vienna or maybe some more distant city in France.
>>
MOSKVA
anybody who opposes it is a gay wishing to be cuked furthermore.
>>
>>56668367
bosnians, polaks
>>
>>56668482
Yes, Vienna is in the centre of Europe, but since Ukraine and Russia aren't in the EU it's too much to the East

Brussels is close to London, Paris and Berlin. It's convenient
>>
File: muh gdp.png (748 KB, 2000x1557) Image search: [Google]
muh gdp.png
748 KB, 2000x1557
>>56668482
Geographical centre means nothing

Population and economic activity centres, and strategically convenient locations, mean EVERYTHING
>>
>>56666859
>Liechtenstein
>Proposing a non EU country to be the capital of EU
>>
>>56668758
>half of the nations is not included
>Turkey described as still not European, like if they ever can become European

Just delete the map from your folder and never post again.
>>
>>56668758
Based on your assumptions, Switzerland would be the first choice since it's surrounded by major European metropoles and economically relevant countries. Still then, you omit the fact that we are not the center of the universe nor of our planet and we need to keep in touch with neighbouring communities, unions and whatnot, which are located in the ME and Russia is still a big player in any kind of relations. So it would actually make more sense to choose an European capital based on geography instead of culture and not placing it somewhere inside an area which is already filled with big players. Better let it be easily reachable from Moscow and ME states, providing short travel distances and a good infrastructure also has to be existant. It is all there in Vienna, less so in Luxembourg.
>>
>>56668841
Alberto Barbosa made this map, I only saved it and occasionally repost it in order to perpetuate his glorious legacy. If your GDP isn't shown it's probably because your country was too irrelevant for Mr. Barbosa to notice it. If that is the case then you should stop complaining and do you patriotic duty for your country
>>
>>56668482
>Vienna is geographically the center of Europe
Actually, geographical centre of Europe is Vilnius, Lithuania.
>>
File: airtraffic.jpg (108 KB, 750x432) Image search: [Google]
airtraffic.jpg
108 KB, 750x432
>>56668915
>Switzerland would be the first choice since it's surrounded by major European metropoles and economically relevant countries.
Nah, the most objectively suitable choice is Brussels because it's between the Big Three. Switzerland ain't. But our Israeli friend said we're not allowed to choose Brussels.

>Still then, you omit the fact that we are not the center of the universe nor of our planet and we need to keep in touch with neighbouring communities, unions and whatnot, which are located in the ME and Russia is still a big player in any kind of relations.

The BEST place to keep in touch with the rest of the world is London. Heathrow has the best international connections of anywhere in Europe. London is superbly connected to North America and East Asia in a whole host of ways. The middle-east too. London also has a huge Russian presence.

Connections to the rest of the world in places like Vienna or near the geographical centre are much poorer
>>
>>56669144

Yeah, let's totally keep out northern Italy, wich is one of the richest places in Europe. Ok. Blue banana anyone?
>>
>>56669144
Choosing the UK as the center for whole Europe would just be a big mistake as you already opt out leaving the EU for whatever reasons. Fuck off, you're not even relevant.
>>
>>56669035
No, it's Atyrau, Kazakhstan
>>
>>56669223
Italy is relevant in Europe but less than the Big Three

>>56669229
It's highly unlikely that we will be leaving the EU. We're in the EU, we're the 2nd biggest economy in the EU, and we'll be the biggest soon enough
>>
>>56669223
He didn't mention Italy, good or bad, you butthurt so-and-so
>>
>>56667807

just one teeny tiny flaw in your plan, London is a muslim shithole as well
>>
Oslo, Helsinki or Gothenburg.
>>
>>56669341
Have some pride man. It may be a muslim shithole but it's OUR muslim shithole.
>>
>>56669471
good lad
>>
>>56669294
Economical power alone isn't enough, Nigel. Your geographical position and isolation from main Europe are quite a problem. The only ways to reach London are by air, ship/ferry and Eurotunnel which means heavy restrictions and unnceccessary costs for possible visitors. Economical advantages aside, GB is one of the worst choices of all. Plus, the political insecurenesses, the term Brexit exists for a reason. Better go for a country/city on mainland Europe instead of Paki Island.
>>
>>56669294
>we're the 2nd biggest economy in the EU, and we'll be the biggest soon enough
Until the next financial crisis leaving you 20% poorer.

Your economy is built on absolutely nothing but speculation.
>>
>>56669471
this paki is honorary Anglo btw
>>
>>56666398
>another poltard Jew butthurting about Muslims calling them jihadists
I'm really tired of this. Why are Jews such a bigot? It's seems to be extremely stupid to me that people who were the objects of bigotry are now ultravigots themselves.
>>
File: 1446859881832.jpg (90 KB, 951x840) Image search: [Google]
1446859881832.jpg
90 KB, 951x840
>>56669584
>Your geographical position and isolation from main Europe are quite a problem. The only ways to reach London are by air, ship/ferry and Eurotunnel which means heavy restrictions and unnceccessary costs for possible visitors

When the Khan of Finland wants to visit Brussels, do you think he takes the fucking car? Or goes via horseback? Holy fucking shit Hans, he takes the PLANE. Enough of this. Enough. Stop posting you're causing my blood pressure to rise.
>>
>>56669471

it stopped being 'ours' a long time ago
>>
>>56669598
>Your economy is built on absolutely nothing but speculation.

Nice speculation there, Jean
>>
>>56669698
what possible reason could you have for deserving the capitol over Germany
they're bigger in the EU both economically and politically as well as being actual supporters of the union rather than begrudgingly tolerating it at best
>>
>>56666398
>Lelgium isn't even a real country anyway.
Israel is way more artificial shit causing shitstorm all over MENA.
>>
>>56666735
It would certainly be appropriate to place EU headquarters in a refuge for tax dodgers. Everyone who screws us over, all in one place.
>>
>>56669823
There are no good objective reasons for Berlin/Germany. First, we are still occupied by the Allies, second way too much muslim population in big cities, third insecure political situation as the AfD is gaining wide acceptance and current ruling parties are doing nothing but shit. Moreover, there are historical reasons for not choosing a German city as the capital of Yurop because nazism and stuff, you know it.

>>56669698
I find it funny how you omitted all the other arguments I posted. GB is not a stable country in terms of EU citizenship and you have to admit it. Just like Greece you will soon fuck up everything and do your own thing alongside the EU but not being a full member. You even denied joining the Euro zone for whatever reasons, your gov already knows their shit and will leave us soon.
>>
File: cduchefin-merkel-parteitag.jpg (90 KB, 860x564) Image search: [Google]
cduchefin-merkel-parteitag.jpg
90 KB, 860x564
>>56669823
Oh, you!
>>
>>56666398
>Brussels is currently the de-facto capital of the EU, but the city is infested with jihadis

>but the city is infested with jihadis

seems right
>>
File: flag art.jpg (507 KB, 808x481) Image search: [Google]
flag art.jpg
507 KB, 808x481
>>56669823
>capitol
Ugh.

Anyway, to answer your question. Giving the Germans an extra say in anything is a bad idea. Sure they're enthusiastic about the EU. Too damn enthusiastic! They're ruining the entire fucking union with unilateral self-serving bullshit.

The UK is ideal because we have no emotional investment in the EU. We tolerate it. We have no crazy plans for open borders, federation, a million refugees, controlling other currencies, we're not too chummy with Russia (unlike Hans!) and no one listens to the Americans any more these days so you don't need to worry about that either.

>>56670001
We didn't join the Eurozone because the Eurozone is a bad fucking idea and everyone knows it. Pragmatic sensible thinking is sorely lacking on the continent these days. Time to learn lessons.
>>
Some West German city
>>
>>56669875
>Israel is way more artificial

Not really. It has an identity and a legendary/historical background. Belgium? Half of it should be France and the other should be Netherlands.
>>
>>56670076
you don't tolerate it, you have a friggin referendum to leave it
giving it to you would give YOU to much power to fuck it up, likely intentionally
and you're basically america's pet dog
>>
>>56670198
and half of you should be german and the other half polish as well
>>
>>56670076
>Giving the Germans an extra say in anything is a bad idea.
Right.
>. Sure they're enthusiastic about the EU. Too damn enthusiastic!
Wrong. The government partially is, not the citizens. There is a reason why AfD exist and gain wide support.
>They're ruining the entire fucking union with unilateral self-serving bullshit.
Assumably.

>, we're not too chummy with Russia (unlike Hans!)
See, there's your problem, Nigel. You're too self-focussed and see the UK as the center of the world while I see things more globally. Economics nowadays are global and they also affect other regions like Northern America, Russia and their "friends" and whatever relevant communities. The EU alone won't work within itself, it's reliant on outer support, money, imports and exports. You surely missed those aspects.

>We didn't join the Eurozone because the Eurozone is a bad fucking idea

How is it a bad idea? It just works with a few flaws every local currency has. We just have to work out incidents differently in a supra-nacional way. Even after having major problems with Greece economy the Euro is stable as rock and still potential members show interest. Not so the UK. Why should we give you the capitol of Europe after that? Seems like a totally delusional idea.
>>
>>56670235
First Czech King dates back to 1085. Try again >country
>>
>>56670322
such an old history, and yet less relevance than us
how does that actually feel, to be lesser in every way than what you admit is a non country?
>>
>>56670322
The idea of a separate Belgium goes back to the Romans...
>>
>>56670205
>you don't tolerate it, you have a friggin referendum to leave it
The referendum is for the public to vote on our reformed terms of membership. The UK public haven't had a vote on the EU since 1975, why are you over-sensitive retards freaking out about the British people having a say about something this important? It's pathetic. Just because we have a proper democracy where the people can decide important things and you don't. Compare these denouncements of our referendum to /int/'s fawning over Switzerland. You're fucking obsessed.

The way you pretend that having a referendum means we're certain to leave is also really fucking stupid. I mean how dumb can you get. If the UK gov. wanted to leave the EU they could invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty without needing a referendum. The referendum is to give the public a choice.

>and you're basically america's pet dog
Ignoramus detected. If you're going to talk about international relations try to learn a little first.
>>
>>56670391
>less relevance than us

I wouldn't call being a site of muslim hunt relevant
>>
File: 1414519098541.jpg (37 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1414519098541.jpg
37 KB, 375x375
ITT: Butthurt britshits
>>
>>56670318
>You're too self-focussed and see the UK as the center of the world while I see things more globally.
Guess the most global city in the EU. The one that comes at the top of all other European cities in every global city ranking. The way you wrote your post it's like the UK is North Korea and only the continent has outside connections.

>How is it a bad idea? It just works with a few flaws every local currency has.

Understatement of the century right there. You're fine with it because the Euro acts as the DM writ large. Maybe spend a little more attention on those countries which have been forced into economic ruin and stagnation because they can't control their currency

Btw I don't understand the implication that the pound isn't stable.
>>
>>56670478
Yea it's quite embarrassing
He needs to stop
>>
>>56670318
You "see things more globally" that is why you hate the idea of Europe's most global city being the capital

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city
>>
>>56670823
There are more global cities and regions in our country like Berlin, Rhein-Ruhr and Frankfurt/Main than in the UK. And yet, it is superbly reachable by all ways of transport, let it be train, car, plane and ships/ferries, London can't offer all that despite the fact it is a global player and offers a huge airport. Being a global city isn't enough. Keep dreaming your dream, Nigel.
>>
>>56671035
Frankfurt am Oder for capital!

But sorry m9, you actually are wrong. This transport thing you keep harping on about is a complete non-issue. It's a dumb point to make.
>>
K R A K Ó W
R
A
K
Ó
W
>>
>>56671035
Berlin, Frankfurt and the others are irrelevant compared to London. We're not choosing several capital cities you moron, we're choosing ONE. This ain't a dream because the EU capital will always be Brussels, it's the best choice if included. I just like to see you try and justify not having London if we're not allowed Brussels.

I'm puzzled as to why you think Berlin is more reachable than London for any countries except your nearest neighbours. And like I said the national leaders and top officials fly everywhere, or at least take high speed rail - which also goes to London. This idea of London being difficult to reach is unbelievably stupid. It's like you're posting from the age before air travel. Get a fucking grip you fool.
>>
here is an idea, how about we just stop the whole European integration thing? I don't want a federated states of Europe and it pretty damn well seems like it is coming closer and closer.
>>
>>56670430
if there is enough public demand for a referendum that means at least a significant portion of your population is against EU membership, moreso than many other nations in the EU

so all my points are still valid
>>
File: 9917-3pdt73[1].jpg (234 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
9917-3pdt73[1].jpg
234 KB, 1280x720
>>56671922
No, your points are not valid, because you're too ignorant to understand the context of this referendum in Britain and you don't understand European public opinion.

First of all, look at the chart. It shows:
>Net stay vote for EU referendum in country

Note that Britain is almost exactly on the EU average. Do you understand what that means? Read your own post again. It means you're a fucking idiot with no idea what you're trying to talk about. Your points are disproved. Here's the source.

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/no-one-in-europe-is-happy-with-their-governments--bybMcZ5dNcx

Secondly, you clearly are not aware that British voters were not given a referendum on the EU treaties that have had massive changes on the EU since we joined. Many European countries voted on the Lisbon Treaty and the rest. British voters didn't. The EU that the UK voted to join back in the 1970s is completely different to what we're in now. In fact the majority of voters alive today had no say on our EU membership.

Therefore it's abundantly clear that we needed another referendum, given all the changes to the EU, so the British public can give their consent (or not) to our membership

None of your points are valid. You're clueless. What you think you know is based on memes and fiction.
>>
>>56672610
It's also worth pointing out that poll is from late 2014, and since then continental Europe has become more displeased with the EU (for obvious reasons), for the UK's opinion on it has improved slightly
>>
>>56671922
Finally, the real trigger for this referendum was not public demand - there was none - but the Prime Minister trying to placate his party, because this is something they've been demanding for years
>>
>>56671287
Berlin, London and the others are irrelevant compared to Petushki. We're not choosing several capital cities you moron, we're choosing ONE. This ain't a dream because the EU capital will always be Brussels, it's the best choice if included. I just like to see you try and justify not having Istanbul if we're not allowed Brussels.

I'm puzzled as to why you think London is more reachable than Petushki for any countries except your nearest neighbours. And like I said the national leaders and top officials fly everywhere, or at least take high speed rail - which also goes to Petushki. This idea of Petushki being difficult to reach is unbelievably stupid. It's like you're posting from the age before air travel. Get a fucking grip you fool.
>>
Luxembourgcity is already the second most important city for EU administration, the European commission, the European investment bank, the court of justice and the court if auditors are already there.
>>
Brussels is good. Once the EU gets full marxist, we can just nuke it and nobody will give a damn.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.