[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Necropants are made of human skin and were worn by Icelandic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1450289601369.jpg (65 KB, 594x800) Image search: [Google]
1450289601369.jpg
65 KB, 594x800
Necropants are made of human skin and were worn by Icelandic sorcerers in the 17th century. As far as we know, there is just one pair of intact necropants left on earth and they are locked behind glass at the Museum of Icelandic Sorcery Witchcraft in Holmavik, Iceland.

>are far as we know

The Strandagaldur Museum of Icelandic Sorcery & Witchcraft in Holmavik tells the story of seventeen people burned at the stake in the 17th century for occult practices. The museum’s claim to fame is an exhibit showcasing the macabre legend of Necropants, or nábrók.

According to legend, necropants could produce an endless flow of coins if done correctly.

To begin with, one would need to get permission from a living man to use his skin upon his death. After burial, the sorcerer would then have to dig up the body and skin it in one piece from the waist down. A coin stolen from a poor widow must then be placed in the scrotum, along with a magic sign called nábrókarstafur scrawled on paper.

Once worn, the scrotum of the necropants would never empty of coins so long as the original coin remained.
>>
dat sum fuccboi pants dayum
>>
>>56654127
Hi /x/
>>
cool but it would be awkward to show your dick for 300 years
>>
>>56654127
Lol you can see his dick.
>>
>>56654127
Sounds like something I'd do.
>>
>>56654202
>It is a novelty to see your own dick in america

wew
>>
I need my thread to be more popular
>>
Anyone who posts in this guy's thread gets a free (You) from OP.
>>
>>56654881
That is true
>>
File: 1444871828828.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444871828828.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>56654127
>>
>>56654127
>Once worn, the scrotum of the necropants would never empty of coins so long as the original coin remained.
ritual dagger: 15 krona
legal fees for skinning your dead friend: 5 krona
literally using his "coin purse" as a coin purse: priceless
>>
>>56654127
BENIS xD
>>
44" tires 2bh lads
>>
>>56654127
haha benis
>>
this is what happens when you leave people on an island for too long.
>>
>>56654127
Wait so do more coins magically appear?
If i just leave one coin in a nutsack forever, the nutsack will never not have a coin in it, so whats the point?
>>
>>56658658
:(
>>
File: 1458522308668.gif (2 MB, 675x473) Image search: [Google]
1458522308668.gif
2 MB, 675x473
>>
What a silly spell.
Get a job for fucks' sake.
>>
people live in Iceland?
i thought only penguins lived there.
>>
>>56654127
damn, and I thought our witches were hardcore
>>
Not quite that metal, but also metal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nithing_pole

>A nithing pole consisted of a long, wooden pole with a recently cut horse head at the end, and at times with the skin of the horse laid over the pole.[1] The nithing pole was directed towards the enemy and target of the curse. The curse could be carved in runes on the pole.

>In Iceland there are modern examples of a nithing pole being raised. It is thought that the tradition has continued unbroken since the settlement of Iceland. A notable example from 2006 happened when a farmer in Bíldudalur, claiming direct descent from Egill Skallagrímsson, raised a pole with a calf's head attached against another local man with a note attached to the effect that he would not rest until the man was either outlawed or dead. The reason the nithing pole was raised was that the man had run over the former's puppy.[3]
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.