[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Québec
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: Quebec_province_topographic_map.jpg (486 KB, 1800x2231) Image search: [Google]
Quebec_province_topographic_map.jpg
486 KB, 1800x2231
What does /int/ know about Québec?
>>
>>56629026
Frog speaking people etc etc.
>>
>>56629026

Its a memest province
>>
>>56629026
They speak french and it's a part of Canada.
They voted against independance twice
Their national dish has the name of the russian president.

That's about it
>>
I've vaguely heard of it before, but don't know much about it.
>>
>>56629026
Should be it's own country tbqh.
Would be cool to have a French speaking country in North America and the Canadian butthurt would be hilarious.
>>
I'm going to study a semester there on next august.
>>
>>56629026
hon
hon
hon
>>
File: 20160320_123812.jpg (2 MB, 1549x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160320_123812.jpg
2 MB, 1549x1920
t. Saguenay
>>
>>56629026
Really socially isolated people, don't know anything about what happens outside of their provinces.. at least in North America. Brainswashed to believe anglos are evil.

>>56629113
French would actually decline in North America if Quebec separated, because the french outside of Quebec would slowly lose their rights.
>>
File: 220px-La_Banquise_Poutine.jpg (15 KB, 220x147) Image search: [Google]
220px-La_Banquise_Poutine.jpg
15 KB, 220x147
>>
>>56629458
>ugly houses
>shit soil
>inbreds
>poverty
>sub 90IQ average
>downright hostile to foreigners regardless of benefits (includes people coming from other parts of quebec)
>no defining landscape to speak of aside from labrador (not in quebec)
>relies on civilization down south for food and other vital goods.
>>
>>56631141
t. Triggered expat Montrealer trash
>>
Best country in northern America I assume
>>
>>56631195
Disprove anything I just said.

Pro tip : You can't.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10 KB, 480x360
a nation with a gene pool no bigger than a serving of poutine
>>
>>56631403
Litteraly everything is factually wrong.
>>
\there is some strange shit at 59°10'11.78"N 71°17'25.72"W
>>
>>56631764

did someone repeadetly make triforces?
>>
>>56631491
Ok this is gonna take a little while but oh well. You're a fucking retard, like most people in Saguenay responsible for the poor image Quebec has as a province of underachieving retards, I'll be doing this for the other anons.

>The population of Quebec, Canada (7.3 million) contains approximately 6 million French Canadians; they are the descendants of approximately 8500 permanent French settlers who colonized Nouvelle France between 1608 and 1759.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11701644

>triple founder effect

This effect is obviously prevalent where limited immigration did not improve the gene pool like it did around Montreal.

Here's a link in french since I'm ready to bet your comprehension of a 2nd language is limited

http://www.francoamericanconnection.com/fa-genetics/Lac-St-Jean.html
>spastic ataxie

Lac St-Jean is notorious for being the most inbred spot in North America.

Are you ready to get further BTFO on the other points?
>>
>>56631905
>Are you ready to get further BTFO on the other points?
Go ahead. Further than that it's only going to be your sole opinion about "durr muh Montreal rest of Québec is all peasants"
>>
>>56631905
this is true though, The french authorities were very strict with only catholic migration. And since religious minorities were much more interested in migrating that only happened in small doses.

2. after the Brits took over no more new French came (only a small trickle of Irish) and quebecois are extremely inbred
>>
Its full of icky canadians
>>
Retarded poster comes from there
>>
>>56632013
Well Saguenay is very inbred because we mostly descend from the 21's; the 21 first settlers who came from La Malbaie to settle in Baie des Ha Ha.
>>
>>56629026

Should be independent country desu, but they have an inbreeding problem because the French didn't have any reason to leave France back then, much less for a frozen wasteland in the corner of the world.
>>
>>56631491
On Poor soils :
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Shield

Please tell me about the massive agricultural activity around the saguenay.

Moving on to IQ :

>Overall, 60 to 62.6 per cent of high school students getting their instruction in the province’s French-language schools are graduating with diplomas in five to seven years.

>The students at English-speaking school boards are faring much better. Over the same period of time, the students receiving their high school education in English had graduation rates of between 71.9 and 76.2 per cent.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/dismal-dropout-rates-among-french-speaking-students-worry-minister-1.2771757

>French Canadians too dumb to even pass basic highschool classes
>>
>>56632167
>we

so, how do you call your grandmother? Aunt or mother?
>>
>>56632219
Saguenay and the Canaduan Shield has excellent soil for crops, you talk as if the bedrock was on the fucking surface. The Lac St-Jean area is filled with farms and crop fields and same for the shores of the Saguenay river. and on the IQ, well, nothing menyions actual IQs. You're full of shit. Stop.

Links =/= facts in your case.
>>
File: hnon.jpg (39 KB, 272x338) Image search: [Google]
hnon.jpg
39 KB, 272x338
>>56632491
>>
>>56631491
On poverty :

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/quebec-on-pace-to-become-canadas-poorest-province

Of course this doesn't prove the part you highlighted is the worst. Let's pretend we're dumbfucks and Montreal is the one dragging the province down

http://globalnews.ca/news/370804/income-by-postal-code/

Awww shit nigga. 50k is the max we get outside of mining pockets in the north.
>>
Only province that isn't this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M
>>
File: 5d6.jpg (28 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5d6.jpg
28 KB, 600x600
>>56632491
So you're basically lying and saying a bunch of fallacies?

>Canaduan Shield has excellent soil for crops
>you talk as if the bedrock was on the fucking surface
awww shit nigger, what are you doing?

Wikipedo
>The current surface expression of the Shield is one of very thin soil lying on top of the bedrock, with many bare outcrops. This arrangement was caused by severe glaciation during the ice age, which covered the Shield and scraped the rock clean.

Also no mention of crop related activity :
http://www.moo2you.ca/assets/5_02_farmingAcrossCanada.pdf
>>
>>56632606
The reason Québec is poor is because Hydro-Québec keeps increasing it's electricity fees so no one can pay, meat and food prices increase, minimum wage increases and soon it'll be as high as the wage of a person having a legitimate job and not a job at McDonalds. Politcal elites give each other bonuses, corporations close doors and fire employees.

I'm fucking glad Alberta is going down the shitter right now.
>>
>>56632798
Very thin doesn't mean an eight of an inch. Now you're just trying extremly hard at calling shitty a place you dislike with non-valuable arguments.
>durrrr u cant grow stuff
Are you dumb?
>>
>>56629026
>Speaks French
>Bigger than Texas
>Likes Pepsi
>Tabernac
>>
>>56629026
Best part of Canada
>>
>>56632805
It's actually a good news, it mean shitskin won't come. On the long run, you won't regret it. Maybe I will even come to enjoy it.
>>
>>56633035
>Tabernac
Tabarnak*
>>
File: 16762398.jpg (96 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
16762398.jpg
96 KB, 640x480
>>56631491
This is what your average countryside comune looks like.

And I'm actually being generous. This is around tremblanc, so you have some wealth from the only real tourism spot in Quebec.

The average countryside home in quebec is a factory crafted bungalow. There's a few poor but robust homes from around the 19th century but that's only around the old population centers.

Landscapes are what you would expect from low hills with poor soil and a history of reckless deforestation. Dull, empty, inhospitable.
>muh woods

>Intact old growth and virgin forests are rapidly vanishing in Québec’s Boreal Forest. Only 5.1% of the territory south of the 52nd parallel (the current northern limit of economically valuable forests) is protected and over 90% of the province’s commercially viable and ecologically rich forests have already been logged.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/7/15/1402478/-Qu-bec-Canada-Saves-Its-Boreal-Forest
>>
Anybody read the book Hatchet when they were a kid?
>>
File: canadianshield.jpg (333 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
canadianshield.jpg
333 KB, 1920x1080
>>56632909
Yes this is why Quebec is host to 100 000 000 inhabitants after the settlers turned this climatic paradise into a worldwide powerhouse.

Oh wait, no, the majority of the population is sitting right next to the southernmost borders. I wonder why.

>Very thin doesn't mean an eight of an inch.
Yes, it actually means that. Pic related is most of the Canadian shield. The ice scrapped the soil clean and what is there today is what the few plants generated in the very little span of time since then.

You need a few feet for efficient agriculture by the way, otherwise it becomes hard if not impossible when it's only a few centimeters. There's a reason the settlers did not venture inland and stayed near the river where fishing and log trading was possible.
>>
hey look it's the angry ''swiss'' again

do you have those nice links bookmarked?
>>
>>56632805
You have the government you deserve. If the politicians are so incompetent, why don't you elect better ones? Is it because they're actually in your image?
If the public workers are so incompetent, is it not because quebec workers are incompetent?

My relatives worked in the public sector in quebec for decades, I worked in the public sector for 2 years before moving here. The difference is day and night.

Quebecois can't think properly, they have poor work ethics, and have a hard time dealing with pure conceptual reasoning. I blame your public education, which was already American common core tier 20 years ago. This is what happens when you try to recreate educational doctrines from the scratch when you've just started to have widespread literacy 50 years ago.

If you want to have a good laugh (Or cry) read about the 1967 Olympic preparations in Quebec. Vandalism, blatant thievery, corruption, incompetence, accidents, miscalculations...
Quebecois at work.

All is all there's a shortage of qualified workers in Quebec, because the drop out rate is colossal and the ones that are trained are somehow not up to the task.
>>
>>56633875
>asks for facts
>gets BTFO repeatedly by facts
>ha...haha... o-obsessed

Funny thing is, I got those links in a single google search. There's so many information readily available, it almost look like the problem is actually real.
>>
>>56634169
I don't understand, who are you quoting? I won't deny that Québec has problems, but it's rather amusing how hard you try to find some. I mean, soil quality and geography, really?

But now I understand >>56634031, it's personal.
>>
>>56634386
I'm not ashamed of it. Most immigrants and just about everyone who isn't quebecois develops a grudge over time.
Of course from time to time you meet one that's cultured, can think straight... but they're around 1/100 000 and rapidly vanishing.
Doesn't help that most of them marry non quebecois.

>I mean, soil quality and geography
Landscapes are not important?

Fauna is not important? Flora isn't?
I like my countries pretty, sorry about that I can't bear to live in a wasteland. And so does everyone really which is why tourism exist and pretty mountains, italian cities, paradise islands... always sell.

There's a lot of lakes I guess. You can buy a lake for yourself and then... enjoy the blue algae.
>>
>tfw no petite blonde sassy qt3.14 quebecoise gf
>>
>>56634975
I know that feel
>>
>>56634975
>>56635558
>In 2006, 29 per cent of all families in Québec were common-law couples and Québec accounted for 44 per cent of all common-law-couple families in Canada. Quebec's rate is similar to that in Sweden, which has one of the highest incidences of non-marital unions
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/marriage-and-divorce/

Highest divorce rate too :^)

ok ok I stop now. if everyone wants to go back on my previous points tho, feel free.
>>
>>56635846

HEY

nobody, and I mean NOBODY gets to bully quebec except us.

back off mountain german.
>>
>>56635846
No one feels ashamed nor care about what you bring up. You're literally arguing with yourself. You are triggering nobody. Keep bookmarking those websites, mate.
>>
>>56636328
>You are triggering nobody
Apathy it is. I understand how consistently proving quebec is the worst Canadian province must have taken a toll on your resolve.
>>
>>56631905
>>56632219
>>56632606
>>56633219
>>56633560
>>56635846
i wanna move to quebec
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.