[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There any reason to live past 70, /int/? Doesn't seem worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 0f037.png (94 KB, 1039x528) Image search: [Google]
0f037.png
94 KB, 1039x528
There any reason to live past 70, /int/? Doesn't seem worth it to me.
>>
You can be 100 and not have any of the problems in your pic tho
>>
you can fap even if your dicks flaccid, cant you?
>>
>>56612831
To fund the medical industry.
That's when they make their money and why they don't want you dying early from smoking or poor diet.
>>56612851
Nobody at 100 is doing good.
>>
Spoiling grandchildren is the usual reason
>>
There any reason to live, /int/? Doesn't seem worth it to me.
>>
Living past 30 tops is retarded.
>Cuck the great kike
>Don't replace yourself (further cucking the great kike)
>Don't pay old hags money (this cucks the great nose)
>Don't work to destro further generations (this genocides the doktor kike)
>>
>>56612851
LOLno. Just about anyone over 85 spends every day wanting to die.
>>
If you took proper care of yourself, you wouldn't...
>>
>>56613034
And then again maybe not because my grandfather started slipping into dementia in his 80s He'd always been a pretty /fit/ guy and had a well-toned body until about 81.

The poor guy says now that he has no point to his existence except to support the medical industry. He also has a hard time accepting his diminished condition because even at 86, he doesn't consider himself old and indeed he wasn't old and weak until the past few years. He still Skypes with grandkids, watches TV, and goes out to be checked by doctors, but none of that gives his life any purpose. He feels diminished and really just wants to go.
>>
>>56612932

the fuck are you even saying bro
>>
>>56612899
Whats it like in Ghana?
>>
>>56613378
It's the ramblings of some guy who didn't take enough English lessons before posting on 4chan.
>>
It would suck to be that old. Your friends would be dead and you're too feeble to do anything.
>>
>>56613420
You could get some younger friends. :)
>>
File: 1373900465929.jpg (53 KB, 578x527) Image search: [Google]
1373900465929.jpg
53 KB, 578x527
>is there any reason to live past 70?
Hell yeah. I get a free pass for any dumb shit i do and have an excuse for sitting in the park throwing laxatives to the birds, then when someone confronts me about it, i'll just say that i mistook it for my breadcrumbs.
Then when they are walking away, i'll throw my colostomy bag at them, undo my coat to reveal a hairy chest with more wrinkles than mole rat and a pair of testicles hanging down to my knees.
At the end of all that, i'll get yet another free pass because i was in the middle of an "episode"
>>
File: Bette Davis.png (198 KB, 1091x412) Image search: [Google]
Bette Davis.png
198 KB, 1091x412
>>56613458
>>56613420
Nah, when you're 80+ you're just fucked.

>have younger friends
Your decrepit old bones can't keep up with them or do anything with them.
>have same aged friends
Still lose. If you're 90, even if all your same aged relatives were still here and all your old HS chums were still here and none of them have died, well, guess what? They're also 90 which means they're too feeble to do anything fun either. What, you're 90 and you're gonna go out to a rave with your 89 year old bff?

So at that age, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
>>
>>56612831
Let's ask you again when you're 69.
>>
>>56613677

I already love board games and quiz shows so I'm fine until I die
>>
isn't it insane thinking where were all going to be in 40-50 years, if we're even going to be around?

I've been posting on /int/ for 4 years and in that time some anons have probably moved up in the world, gotten good jobs and such, while others have an hero'd

it's weird to think about.
>>
>>56613677
>Getting old ain't for sissies
Especially not when you have that poor level of fashion sense.
>>
>>56612954
>Just about anyone over 85 spends every day wanting to die.
my grandfather rebuilt his entire kitchen by himself at 93 m8
got fucked by prostate cancer, went from finding out he had it to dying in the span of like 3-4 days
was basically like a 40 year old outside of that
>>
>>56613677
You can play video games if the arthritis will let you :D
Spend your twilight years living in a fantasy world.
Plus the dementia means every time will be like your first time playing.
>>
>>56613696
Not OP, but this lady did.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2084026/The-chilling-tale-daughter-lived-20-years-knowing-mother-kill-herself.html
>>
>>56613911
Sure but most people don't have that kind of balls.
>>
Said Hunter Thompson, "No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun – for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax – This won’t hurt."
>>
>>56614711
I will say, his reason for suicide was a little more understandable than "Waahhh, my stomach hurts and I'm too popular I might lose my indie rock cred."
>>
>>56612831
Enjoying of the last miles.
>>
Honestly I never saw any point living past 30. Life is pretty much over then. I've planned to kill myself on my 30th birthday for years now, but I still have some time left.
>>
>t. cigarette smoking bag of cognitive dissonance
>>
>>56615029
You must be 18 to use this website.
>>
>>56613820
>>56613677
It's not so bad to get old if you can make young friends to replace departed ones and still be fit enough to keep up with them. But most of you sadly won't.
>>
>>56613911
If that's true, that lady is simply insane. Wanting to kill yourself because you don't want to be a deteriorating wreck in your twilight years is one thing (there should be a family that brings you joy to your life), but telling your daughter about it years in advance reeks of severe attention whore problems.
>>
I'm going to pick up my old neet life from my early 20s again when I'm old. Shitposting at 100 years old is the goal.
>>
>>56615330
Yeah...they talked plenty about it in the comment section.
>>
If you lived to 80, ok fine that's...w/e. But I wouldn't want to live to 100. I don't think I want to walk up to a 75 year old man and say "Son!"
>>
>>56615138
Sorry senpai, I'm 25. Planned it since I was 15 or so though, so you're right there. It's always been a comforting thought that once I try and fail at achieving any happiness I've still spent enough years to know what adult life is like.
>>
>>56615330
>(there should be a family that brings you joy to your life)

There won't be though, they'll just dump you in a home and never visit except on holidays.
>>
My ggrandmother is 100 and lives in an independent senior apartment (not an assisted living facility) with her 97 year old sister. She's still quite functional and gets rides into town to go shopping and she has a bunch of women in their 60s she hangs out with because she didn't limit friendships to people +/- 5 years of her age. They all threw a 100th B-day party for her at a local restaurant and her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids were all there too.
>>
>>56615471
That means you have a shitty family, either because you didn't raise them properly, or had the bad luck to raise shitty kids. Or you're a prick yourself and deserve to be stuffed away in a home for the elderly.
My mother takes care of my 90 year old grandfather who still lives in his own home. Takes a fuckton of effort and the man takes every help he gets for granted without even a glimmer of appreciation.
>>
>>56615685
If you have kids solely as old age insurance, you're a very shitty person and should feel bad. Unfortunately, I often feel my mom was only conceived and born for that purpose (my grandmother's been gone for a while now, but when she was still around...)
>>
>>56615570
Actually more people showed up to her 100th than my 25th. :-/
>>
>>56615570
My great aunt is 98 and still very active for her age. She's buried quite a few people in her time from a husband to siblings to parents and even some of her kids, but still has 3 sisters left. She misses all of the family that have died, but she doesn't dwell on it and is able to move on with her life. She does enjoy all her grandkids and great grandkids very much and still looks forward to getting up every day.
>>
>>56616953
>>56615570
Probably about as good as you're gonna get at that advanced age.
>>
>>56612887
There is a British woman who plays wii all day lad
>>
>>56612831
I'm ending the ride at 50 seems like a good time to stop
>>
File: 1385402277093.jpg (12 KB, 280x287) Image search: [Google]
1385402277093.jpg
12 KB, 280x287
When you're old you can literally say anything no matter how /pol/itically incorrect it sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZEGlZpJwPk
>>
>>56619706
What is that from?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.