[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one live without God? How does one find any meaningful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: icecream.gif (2 MB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
icecream.gif
2 MB, 332x332
How does one live without God? How does one find any meaningful purpose? How does one go about deciding how to live?
>>
>>56610422
>How does one find any meaningful purpose?
stop being self centred
>>
>>56610422
just stick to something you like, except if that means hurt someone in someway
>>
Is this a serious question? Shit is along the lines with "Can non-religious people really be moral without gawd to guide them?"
>>
just b urself :^)
>>
>>56610422
>visiting family and they want me to go to church with them
>its a casual "rock band" megachurch thing
>not religious but go anyway
>pretty positive message that wasnt strictly based on religion
>be nice to people, etc
>....also, you cant be moral or live a fulfilled life until you Jesus into your heart
Why?
>>
>>56610529
>>56610573
>>56610616
bruh this is how I've lived my life since I was 13 and it's not working anymore, there has to be more to life than this
>>
>>56610573
*tips fedora*
>>
>>56610647
>there has to be more to life than this

There will be more only if you make something more of it
>>
File: 1432569533287.jpg (17 KB, 308x313) Image search: [Google]
1432569533287.jpg
17 KB, 308x313
>>56610573
How do you fight back the urge to rape, torture and kill innocent people? Without the moral code laid out in the Bible we would all be savages. Dont you know that all people are inherently evil and need to be saved from the grips of the devil?
>>
>>56610647
>it's not working anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erdHVX9htd4
>>
>>56610699
The Bible doesn't havepatent on moral. It's your parents job to teach their children to be a civil human bean
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>56610699
Assuming you're not satirizing Pr*testants:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthyphro_dilemma
>>
>>56610744
he was being sarcastic dane-tron 3000
>>
>>56610699
>How do you fight back the urge to rape, torture and kill innocent people? Without the moral code laid out in the Bible we would all be savages. Dont you know that all people are inherently evil and need to be saved from the grips of the devil?
If you do all those things, other humans will not trust you, and they will end your life. Short story, the fear of punishment.
>>
>>56610744
>sarcasm sounding to much like shit Jesus freaks actually say
You nailed it.
>>
File: gravity.gif (2 MB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
gravity.gif
2 MB, 500x315
>>56610786
>the fear of punishment
But without god watching over the entire population would go evil. Being homosexual would stop being a sin and become institutionalized. Women having babies outside of marriage. Something needs to be done!
>>
>>56610699
The Bible literally calls for the rape torture and murder of entire ethnic groups, those desert handbooks are full of the craziest shit
>>
>>56610422
>i only find purpose in my life if i devote it to a greater good
thats how you sound faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 523x206) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 523x206
>>56610888
wasted trips
>>
>>56610967
Shit post
>>
File: evolition.gif (2 MB, 450x342) Image search: [Google]
evolition.gif
2 MB, 450x342
>>56610897
That's just your interpretation. Nothing in the bible is literal. My pastor, Pastor Luke told me that the violence was figurative and its just a metaphor for how to live justly under the eyes of God.
>>
>>56610888
>Being homosexual would stop being a sin and become institutionalized. Women having babies outside of marriage. Something needs to be done!
>other humans will not trust you, and they will end your life/lose their support/get jailed
Do you get my point? Humanity is based on trust.
>>
>>56611061
Humanity is based on carnal desires and pleasure of the flesh. The only think stopping me from coming into your home and raping your mother and stealing your TV is fear of spending an afterlife in eternal hellfire.
>>
>>56610699
People don't necessarily need a big guy watching from above, shoving them promise of heaven and threats of hellfire, to tell them what's right and what's wrong.
>>
>>56611117
>having fear dictating your moral
Wouldn't expect more from an American.
>>
>>56610699
>>56610786
We all have a god-given moral compass that tells us right from wrong
>>
>>56611015
this most of bible talks about repecussions and law and oder most of the rape and voilents was apart of ainent times but in the bible they (the writers) use it to depict evil or worn and conquence to explain the rules of the bible some ethnics where used as a example because they are by
nature violent people and attarct conquences and so forth.

Its all Metaphorical and abarct it forces you to refect on ones self and actions etc, it was never meant in the literal context of hate as its forbidden in the bible at any rate.

T.christain
>>
>>56610699
I read this and laughed, reading it as an ironic post. Now I've read the replies, theyve got me questioning that
>>
Idk about other atheist but most of the time I feel lile nothing has any meaning but short-term pleasure and i guess I gp through life just doing what i think normal people do so i study now and got a gf and i got a part time job

Sometimes i wonder if this is the same for other atheist or o
If its actually any different for people who believe
>>
File: 125828171609.jpg (87 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
125828171609.jpg
87 KB, 1200x1200
>>56611205
I was trying to make an ironic post but then these people who cant into sarcasm were taking it seriously. So, then I started playing the Jesusfreak-devils advocate. Wasnt even trying to troll. I thought people would get it.
>>
>>56610422
Was born and raised in a very religion family (mormon) and religion was a large part in my mentality towards life. Atheist now and i didn't lose any meaning to my life when i lost my religious views. You be moral because it has a positive effect on people, you dont live life with a objective purpose to get into heaven, you do it to enjoy it. Give your life purpose by having a family and having a positive effect on the world.
>>
>>56611330

>Give your life purpose by having a family

*tips fedora*
>>
>>56611557
>having meaning in life is a bad thing
Stop talking and go clean a toilet.
>>
File: 1440280041217.jpg (9 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
1440280041217.jpg
9 KB, 240x160
>How Does one live without god? how does one find any meaningful purpose?
Because it will always break down to the immortal question. Why does an all-knowing and loving god let bad things happen?
Why do veterans sleep on the street?
Why is my dick small?
Why can an innocent man be falsely accused of a crime and then be ridiculed and marked for a crime that he did not commit for the rest of his life?
The answer to these questions will always be >"It's god's way of testing us."
Naturally, this is one of many reasons for one to live without the big man upstairs.

People tend to seek religion because it has answers. These answers doesn't need to be right, but as long as the answers are there. Like how in nordic belief, the earth was made from the carcass of a dead giant. It doesn't make much sense, but it's better than the idea that we came to be from absolute nothingness.

When it comes down to it. many would say that the ultimate purpose to life, is to reproduce, which our brains have been hardwired for, for as long as our species been here. But now when we got around 7 billion people on the planet, and plenty of people are more than happy to live their lives without getting married or making a baby. So i suppose that there is more to life than just putting my dick in things.

/blog
>>
>>56611864
>what if youre wrong?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmskXXetcg
>>
>>56610422
You decide for yourself. Some people are handed an answer to the big questions in the form of religion, others seek it out on their own.
>>
It is quite simple: in this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence
>>
Is this thread for real? This is either a really nice thread or new level banter.
>>
None of God in this internet
Did you see God here?
Even any revelation
Nay
No borders
No religions
Just good people i believe
That's It m9(-o^
>>
Be good just to be good. Shit happens, but push through. Life's weird so just roll with it and try not to fuck over people because getting fucked over sucks. Help if you can or keep to yourself. Doesn't matter. Decisions lead to consequences, but consequences aren't always bad. Nothing's objectionably meaningful.
>>
>>56611330
>mormon
you're right nothing was lost
>>
>>56610699
By giving punishment to those who did?
Though it's not effective because the punishment are always light.
>prison
>free food
>muh criminal is human too
>muh human rights
Still, religion is not the answer.
>>
It is quite simple: in this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence
>>
>>56614218
What intelligence? LOL
>>
>>56613333
Punishment is only effective when it is meaningful in the eyes of the punished. But you also have to strike a balance. When punishment is seen as disproportionate to the crime, this makes people instead start thinking about the legitimacy of the state. It's not that they mind wrongdoers getting punished, it's that they've started to notice that the government validates itself not by positive action (helping, fixing), but rather by negative action (destroying, terrorizing), and is therefore a tyranny or junta of some variety.
>>
>>56613333
Seriously, I was not trying to bait with that post. I thought it would be some decent bants for everybody. I have said so a few times in this thread and people still keep taking the bait.

>make posts with ultra-fundamentalist religious views as a joke
>people perceive your claims as genuine
>defensively refute your claims
>The Devil and God are Raging Inside of you.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.