[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever killed an animal to eat? How common is that in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 584965.jpg (87 KB, 910x592) Image search: [Google]
584965.jpg
87 KB, 910x592
Have you ever killed an animal to eat? How common is that in your country?
>>
Redditfags, Tumblrfags and left-wing fags are coming in 3,2,1...
>>
>>56608889
I killed a goat with my grandfather when I was 13, since that day I respect food much more. Animals and plants died for us.
>>
>>56608889
literally the average brazillian man
>>
I've going fishing yes.
>>
>>56608889
Rabbits, went hunting with family and we hunt 2 fat ones I felt bad unitl I discover they taste awesom, never done it again because guilt and that shit.
>>
>>56608889
i go hunting using a bow with my tribe everyday
>>
Rats. Also, used to genocide flies and other bugs as a kid and line their corpses.

Not common if you live in a city.
>>
Yes I have hunted deer, rabbits, duck, geese, and pheasant.
Tastes delicious, deer jerky is the best.
>>
>>56608978
Why ? It's not a question of torture, it's just a question of...food !
>>
>Have you ever killed an animal to eat?
Yeah, when I was growing up on the farm. Mostly hunting rabbits.

When we slaughtered a cow we didn't though, we usually gave the carcass to a local butcher, and he'd cut it up all nice, then take part of it in lieu of payment.

>How common is that in your country?
Not really that common. If you lived in the country, you've probably done it a dozen times when hunting, someone from the city maybe once or twice.

Usually we just buy our meat from the store, where it magically comes in clean packages that involve no animal death, and are thus the most humane. Beware of the meat that's made in China though, I hear that's mostly recycled computer components.
>>
>>56608889
Yes. A fish
>>
Before he died I used to go rabbit hunting with my Granddad when I lived in England. We used to stick ferrets down the burrow and wait for them to get chased out. We'd stick nets at the exits so they'd get caught, my Granddad taught me how to humanely kill them. I think I'll be moving back for uni, it'll be emotional revisiting that countryside
>>
>>56610735
>my Granddad taught me how to humanely kill them

My family's farmhouse was made from local sandstone. There was this block of sandstone that was leftover from like 150 years ago when it was built.

Any rabbits that were still alive, we'd hold them by the back legs, and whack it against this one corner, to snap the neck. It looks pretty brutal when done, but the rabbits would die pretty bloody instantly.

If the animal is still conscious, probably one of the most humane method of slaughter is simply cutting its head off with a clean, quick cut. The brain needs a certain amount of blood pressure to remain conscious, and by simply lopping its head off, that sudden drop in pressure (which is relative to the air pressure, eg. for a human average blood pressure of 100 mmHg, that's 100 above average air pressure of 760mmHg, ie. 860mmHg) to zero will knock an animal out practically instantly. Any movement after a few seconds is completely unconscious and involuntary.

Only problem is, it doesn't look very humane, and appearances are important in this day and age. -_-
>>
>>56608889
I've went fishing before but I put them back

I couldn't hunt and eat an animal myself. I'm not a vegetarian though, and I'm not against others doing it, I just don't think I have it in me to kill something.

Hunting is fairly common out here in rural Ontario. the deer need to be hunted or else they'll overpopulate and end up killing people since they have no natural predator and breed like rabbits
>>
>>56608889
Moose.
Fairly common.
>>
File: 1433718957792 (1).png (1 MB, 1024x764) Image search: [Google]
1433718957792 (1).png
1 MB, 1024x764
>have you ever killed an animal to eat?
Of course. Not because there was nothing else around and i was starving, naturally.

From my experience, It's very common in any place that isn't a big city or close to one for that matter. I.e Stockholm.
>>
Yes. Once you get out of the cities, the only thing that has changed in this country is the technology. We kill what we eat all the time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.