[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catholicism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: PapalThrone.jpg (73 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
PapalThrone.jpg
73 KB, 750x500
Catholics on /int/ glorify the Catholic Church because they believe it associates them with the crusades.

This is a fact, that Catholics of /int/ think being baptized in that satanic church makes them as cool as the crusades XDdddddd

When you tell someone you are Catholic, they aren't going to think of you as a crusader Muslim killer, they are going to think of you as a Catholic

Prove me wrong
>>
>>56606521
I am Catholic and I don't believe this
>>
Don't bother with Catholics, they already know they are going to hell for being heretics so they have nothing to lose.
>>
File: polish_pervert_monument.jpg (187 KB, 527x700) Image search: [Google]
polish_pervert_monument.jpg
187 KB, 527x700
Orthodox are heretics too

>>56606553
Then what do you believe?
>>56606576
Anglican?
>>
Thanks for the info, Westboro Baptist Church
>>
File: Aoow.webm (1010 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Aoow.webm
1010 KB, 1280x720
Aoow
>>
>>56606576
This to to be frank, lads
>>
>>56606969
Tbqhfamilia the Anglican Church is filled with idolatry
>>
>>56606521

It's more like to anyone who doesn't pretend to be a Christian because of 4chan thinks you're all annoying reverse-fedora faggots, not just Catholics.
>>
>>56606521
As a Catholic I like it not because of the crusades but rather because Martin Luther and Atheism were mistakes.
>>
File: 1398387228803.jpg (55 KB, 410x434) Image search: [Google]
1398387228803.jpg
55 KB, 410x434
Catholics are idol worshiping pedos.
>>
It's time to join Orthodoxy.

Protestantism is pretty much just diarrhea all over the place.

Catholicism is heading that way.

Orthodoxy is the only one holding on.
>>
>>56608174
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Russian_Orthodox/orthodox_idolatry.htm
>>
File: 27385682635.jpg (319 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
27385682635.jpg
319 KB, 1000x700
>>56606521
Not all Catholics on /int/ are meme role-players lad. The part that initially attracted me to it was its beauty tbch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnfv1LUMaBA
>>
>>56608317
That big painting is called idolatry tbqhmygoodfamilia
>>
>>56608361
>don't idolize/worship Jesus Christ
wat?
>>
>>56608274
>Perhaps the most important aspect of the rule of faith is that it gives us what the Church conceived to be ‘the main body of truth’ (to use Irenaeus’ phrase). The Scriptures are, after all, a body of documents testifying to God’s activity towards men in Christ. They are not a rule of faith, nor a list of doctrines, nor a manual of the articles of a Christian man’s belief. In the rule of faith we have a key to what the Church thought the Scriptures came to, where it was, so to speak, that their weight fell, what was their drift. This interpretation of their drift was itself tradition, a way of handling the Scriptures, a way of living in them and being exposed to their effect, which, while not an original part of the Christian Gospel, not itself the paradosis par excellence, had been developed from the Gospel itself, from its heart, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit as an essential part of the existence of the Christian faith in history…We cannot recognize the rule of faith as original tradition, going back by oral continuity independently of Scripture to Christ and his apostles. But we can recognize it as the tradition in which the Church was interpreting Scripture under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and as such claim it as an essential ingredient of historical Christianity. (R.P.C. Hanson, Tradition In The Early Church, pp. 128, 129)

Here, I post an actual academic source against shitty apologetics
>>
>>56608378
Worship him but don't worship images of him

https://www.openbible.info/topics/idolatry
>>
>>56608361
Nah lad, see the Second Council of Nicaea
>>
>>56608416
>But when the adversary of the race of the righteous, the envious, malicious, and wicked one, perceived the impressive nature of his martyrdom, and [considered] the blameless life he had led from the beginning, and how he was now crowned with the wreath of immortality, having beyond dispute received his reward, he did his utmost that not the least memorial of him should be taken away by us, although many desired to do this, and to become possessors of his holy flesh. For this end he suggested it to Nicetes, the father of Herod and brother of Alce, to go and entreat the governor not to give up his body to be buried, "lest," said he, "forsaking Him that was crucified, they begin to worship this one." This he said at the suggestion and urgent persuasion of the Jews, who also watched us, as we sought to take him out of the fire, being ignorant of this, that it is neither possible for us ever to forsake Christ, who suffered for the salvation of such as shall be saved throughout the whole world (the blameless one for sinners ), nor to worship any other. For Him indeed, as being the Son of God, we adore; but the martyrs, as disciples and followers of the Lord, we worthily love on account of their extraordinary affection towards their own King and Master, of whom may we also be made companions and fellow disciples!

>The centurion then, seeing the strife excited by the Jews, placed the body in the midst of the fire, and consumed it. Accordingly, we afterwards took up his bones, as being more precious than the most exquisite jewels, and more purified than gold, and deposited them in a fitting place, whither, being gathered together, as opportunity is allowed us, with joy and rejoicing, the Lord shall grant us to celebrate the anniversary of his martyrdom, both in memory of those who have already finished their course, and for the exercising and preparation of those yet to walk in their steps.
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0102.htm
>>
I'm not religious so I don't care either way, but frankly whenever I see protestant arguments on /int/ I can't help but think that protestantism is quite literally on par with islam, and I most certainly don't mean that in a good way.
>>
>>56608416
This issue was put to rest in the 7th century.
Stop being a heretic.

Jesus himself is a material manifestation of god.
>>
>>56608317
You sound like a huge faggot. I bet you're that one guy who goes to church on weekdays despite being the only one younger than the 75-dead crowd
>>
File: image.png (60 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60 KB, 592x492
>>56606521
>Protestantism
>>
File: 561654156.jpg (53 KB, 1038x770) Image search: [Google]
561654156.jpg
53 KB, 1038x770
>>56606521
>When you tell someone you are Catholic, they aren't going to think of you as a crusader Muslim killer, they are going to think of you as a Catholic

Nobody cares about crusades, you must be very fat and gay
>>
>>56606521
holy fuck no one cares
>>
>>56606521
>Catholics on /int/ glorify the Catholic Church because they believe it associates them with the crusades.
I glorify it because it is the one true religion we should all follow, not because of the crusades
>>
A catholic lady gave me ice cream yesterday because they were celebrating the day of La Virgen de los Dolores
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.