[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I want to advertise something in eastern europe (picrelated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Visegrad.png (147 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
Visegrad.png
147 KB, 700x400
If I want to advertise something in eastern europe (picrelated more specifically) do I have to use local languages or can I place an ad in English?
>>
I think Slovakia has some language defense laws, but that obviously applies mostly to Hungarian. English is OK for them, lol. Talk about double standards.
>>
>>56590490
But is the population familiar with english especially young people ~20 year olds?
>>
>>56590041
We won't buy your canadian shit anyway
>>
File: d4f.png (261 KB, 421x427) Image search: [Google]
d4f.png
261 KB, 421x427
>>56590618
It's chinese shit, don't worry.
>>
>>56590674
Ok, so I'll take two.
>>
>>56590041
Depends on what you're trying to say, I know from experience that many poles would struggle
>>
It depends on the product and your target demographic

I would certainly use local languages if I were aiming for general population

English proficiency is abysmal in this country in general
>>
>>56590617
That's a good question. I know several advertisments that are only in English around here but they have mostly a specialized target group.
Generally, I think that advertising in English should be ok as (young) people could understand simple phrases and slogans, like "I'm loving it" that McD's uses here as well.
On the other hand running a more complex site or service only in English won't make much profit I think.
>>
>>56590925
Day by day I'm starting to hate this shithole more and more
>>
Ok, thanks for the responses lads. But can you tell me this: if someone in these countries sees an ad in English and let's say they don't understand some words of it but they see some interesting words in there... would they be compelled to research what the ad is proposing or would they just brush it off and move on?
>>
>>56591390
They'd get confused and all jump to Dunaj
>>
>>56590674
trying to sell to jews, not a good idea
>>
>>56591390
I don't know about other people, but I'm completely ignoring all ads

We're overwhelmed with visual noise. You can't imagine how bad it's here
>>
>>56590041
What you want to sell?
I can help you I working in e-commerce.
>>
>>56591511
implying it's any different elsewhere
>>
You need local language unless your demograohic are educated 20yolds in the few big cities.
>>
File: polak ekomerczny.jpg (207 KB, 721x721) Image search: [Google]
polak ekomerczny.jpg
207 KB, 721x721
>>56591538
>>
>>56591390
Nope they don't give a fuck.
People totaly ignoring ads in non polish lang.
>>
>>56591614
Bratislava looks like a fucking Uzhhorod

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>56591511
>>56591186
>>56590925
How bad can visual noise be in fucking Slovakia? Try here, a tourist hotspot
And English proficiency largely depends on age pyramids as well. Cut your country some slack

>>56590041
You can advertise something in English, of course. Most people till the age of ~35 know good English. However, not to soil the "surprise", most companies use Croatian AND English. Southern Croatia will help you "get away" with an English ad. And the capital as well. The rest...rather don't. The market really dictates English skills here, as you can notice by the locations I've numbered
>>
>>56591538
Looking to buy services of.... """"models""""
>>
>>56591696
Witamy w kramie uniwersalnym.
CO PAN SZUKA WSZYSTKO MAMY ! :D
>>
File: 1450020042200.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1450020042200.gif
3 MB, 640x360
People who don't get english will be mostly non-interested.

The only english I've seen in commercials was some random catchphrases from Mercedes, Volksvagen(aka gasvagen), Siemens etc. at the end of their commercial when their logos is showing.

That's your answer.
>>
>>56591751
models?
hmm
yes
models...
we have nice models, very good prices, just ask czech, we have everything. And cheaper and better than yours.
>>
Hey kid, want to buy the Eiffel Tower?

Is cheap, be quick or someone else will buy.
>>
>>56591696
Did you like your amerykański telefon komórkowy ? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X9OpeVgZZQ
>>
>>56590041
Oh look, another arrogant Anglo who thinks the whole world understands his language.

Idiot.
>>
>>56591843
I'm still making payments on the Brooklyn bridge
>>
>>56591912
Ah, that. That was cousin Marek, he's a cheat. This deal is good, take it or tommorow is gone.
>>
>>56591964
+Free shipping if you order in next 10 minutes..
>>
>>56592016
brb going to bank to refinance my loan
>>
>>56591733
Non thread related question; why so many croats came to Chile ? What is your view of Chile ? We were (and still are) pretty irrelevant
>>
>>56592224
They were hungry. Wanted a proper dish with meat and quality beans.
>>
>>56590490
I don't understand those laws at all
I can watch Markiza or JoJ and they sometimes show czech dubbed films and there are no subtitles, which I thought were mandatory
>>
>>56592323
Nobody gives a fuck about that law anymore

Slota is finished and he might even go to jail for drunk driving
>>
>>56592323
Just looked it up and it was amended in 2011 (Immediately after Slota was voted out)

Czech was always treated the same as Slovak, even before that
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.