[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Americans wear shoes in homes? Or is it only that way on TV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1447411924912.jpg (156 KB, 728x1096) Image search: [Google]
1447411924912.jpg
156 KB, 728x1096
Do Americans wear shoes in homes? Or is it only that way on TV because they're on a set etc.
>>
>>56587028
I've never worn shoes in the house and neither has my family

However I have no friends so I can't tell you what anyone else does
>>
>>56587028
I personally don't wear shoes in houses, but our streets are generally clean, and many people have only hardwood floors, so it is not a big deal to keep one's shoes on. It still triggers me though
>>
As a kid, I wasn't allowed not to because my ma said if I didn't, I'd get sick.
>>
Hi! Do americans wear shoes indoors during grade school?
>>
Do Americans sleep in their shoes? I'm genuinely curious
>>
There's nothing wrong with that as long as you don't go around stepping on shit on the streets.
>>
>>56587326
No, only if you're drunk or really tired.
>>
We take our shoes off at the door

I don't get this meme
>>
>>56587028
Depends on the person. The first thing I do when I come home is take them off, but for comfort, not cleanliness.
>>
>>56587028
>Americans here are now gonna pretend they don't wear shoes in the house to impress the foreigners here
>>
It is illegal here to not wear shoes unless you're changing/literally cannot physically wear them. Rarely enforced tho
>>
Americans don't walk, so why should they take off their shoes?

>>56587620
Subtle troll, effort recognized
>>
>>56587620
Is this one of those old New England Puritan laws that are outdated as fuck since we don't cover our hair and whip witches anymore?
>>
>>56587742
Sort of.
>>
I have never worn shoes inside the house. At every friend's house I've been to you take them off at the door. Even at my buddy's dirty ass bachelor pad where they frequently had parties everyone took off their shoes.

In fact the only person I know who doesn't take off his shoes in a house is Puerto Rican
>>
>>56587028

Personally, yes.

For the last several years, I've had a complex indoor/outdoor shoe convention. Generally, indoor shoes are some form of sandal, while outdoor shoes are usually loafers/sneakers. We have long winters here, so even we Americans are forced by basic cleanliness issues not to track those snowy shoes over the rest of the house, apartment etc.

While living with my parents, I would generally follow the above, although I would wear the same sandals to walk across town, then walk around in the house on them. Also between little pebbles in the carpet/splotches of water in the kitchen floor while mom cooked, just wearing socks was not fun, so I eventually settled on my indoor sandal thing.

I've generally followed the same convention once I moved out, but now I'm a little more strict in the division. I have evil stupid fucking neighbors, I don't know exactly who, who are literally no better than Indians, and they sometimes let their dog(s) shit outside without cleaning it, god-damn them to hell how I would like to slit their throats. ANYWAY, I have three pairs for daily use: loafer-sneaker things for winter, an old pair of sandals that are strictly OUTDOORS-ONLY from now on, and another pair of sandals that are strictly INDOORS-ONLY. For obvious reasons, I check my soles more regularly now. There is a wealthy part of town for yuppies, and oddly I've even seen dog-shit on their curbs, too.

I've been in both poorer and richer people's houses. Generally, the wealthier people are more strict about not wearing shoes indoors, but I doubt they would seriously ask Joe the Plumber to take his shoes off. That would strike me as unreasonable.
>>
Americans all over wear shoes inside the home.
>>
>>56587302
Yes, always
>>
used to wear shoes in home but now that I'm dating a mexican- I've stopped. Also- I never ever wear shoes in someone else's home. Many americans will tell you when visiting that you don't have to take off your shoes- but they do this just to be polite.
>>
Do people seriously take their shoes off in someone else's house? That's retarded, and completely unacceptable here.
>>
>>56589059

See my above comment about visiting polite company, versus having some utility guy show up at your place. If I made a friend and I visited their house for the first time, I would generally ask whether I should take my shoes off, or else just assume, and take them off.

But if you have the cable guy or joe the plumber or an electrician or somebody coming over to do something, I feel that this is being unreasonable. Let him do what he has to do, then worry about any cleanup after. A few weeks ago a worker in the building asked to caulk the side of my shower (building something new downstairs), and I let him do it, no problem. But I sure didn't ask him to take his damn shoes off. Although I did take a good look at the carpet afterwards.
>>
Why do Americans wear shoes during sex? Just curious.
>>
>>56589642
In Spain if you just took your shoes off in someone else's house you would be seen as a weirdo.
>>
It's uncommon for Americans to wear shoes indoors, unless they are showering.

On Easter, it's also customary to wear shoes indoors.
>>
>>56589902
why it was deleted?
>Is it true americans wear shoes when showering?
>>
I think Americans don't take off shoes at home because they wear crocs all the time. I was in USA and only persons not wearing crocs were from police. Here it's considered footwear for cooks, I don't know why. I have a pair and use them as home slippers, there are comfy enough.
>>
>>56590581

i think you meant footwear for cucks.
>>
Some households take off the shoes right after you get inside, others don't care. There's no "rules" about it. It's the preference of whoever runs the house.
>>
Americans wear shoes at home as part of there armour
Shoes give them +5 def baseline
And +2.5 dodge
Americans must always be ready especially at home where they are more likely to get shot
>>
>>56587742
"Feet are sexual objects and, as such, only women are allowed to display them. For a man to walk around shoeless or in flipflops is exceedingly vulgar and repulsive beyond acceptability. Such acts of indecency shall be met with hanging by the neck until dead after which the remains shall be cremated and disposed of in the city dump."

- Honorable Gov. J.R. Footfag IV, esq.
>>
>>56587028
When I get home, the first thing I do is take off my shoes. When I go to a friends place, if they're not wearing shoes, I'll take off my shoes, which is more common than not.
>>
File: AA041578.jpg (117 KB, 676x1024) Image search: [Google]
AA041578.jpg
117 KB, 676x1024
>>56589059
We tend to have wall-to-wall carpeting in most homes here. They are a pain in the ass to keep clean so you take your goddamn shoes off before walking on them.
>>
>>56592268
What's the point of those anyway?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.