[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine what this continent would be like if the Spaniards killed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
Imagine what this continent would be like if the Spaniards killed the natives instead of fugging them
>>
That's quite a bit of a flawed argument desu lad
>>
File: 1454023040886.jpg (492 KB, 776x1851) Image search: [Google]
1454023040886.jpg
492 KB, 776x1851
>>56543582

Oh right.

The Spaniards are Mediterraneans so the continent would still be shit and poor
>>
did this happen to australia?
>>
>>56543738
They still bred with abbos, there was just a lot less so there isn't a large mestizo class. A lot of Australians have abbo blood in small amounts because of it.
>>
File: 1457050737452.png (437 KB, 1602x1015) Image search: [Google]
1457050737452.png
437 KB, 1602x1015
>implying the French fur trappers did not get it on with everything they saw

there were just less people in north America (middle america aside) to fug with
>>
File: 63A.jpg (53 KB, 338x522) Image search: [Google]
63A.jpg
53 KB, 338x522
Well that kind of happened.
>>
>>56544803
Notice how the regions that are usually regarded higher are the ones the Conquista del Desierto took place, genociding most of the aboriginals, while the northern areas are shittier and brown people are the norm.
>>
>>56545336

I thought the Patogonia was all native people and seals
>>
>>56545336
it would be 100x better if santa cruz wouldn't have spawned the kirchners

rio gallegos is a hellhole now
>>
For the creation of Brazil, every day I ask God for forgiveness.
>>
>>56545453
The few natives that survived were mostly near the mountains, sometimes coming from Chile.
Most of them were aggresive, but the pacific ones were sometimes granted peace treaties.
The Argentine side of the Patagonia is mostly desert, tho, it wasn't so hard
>>
>>56545618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw

this song is pretty fucking great
>>
>>56545526
Retarded peronism, constant corruption, populism, viveza gaucha, are all chronic diseases that won't go away
>>
>>56543521
>Jesuit mission state
who the hell did this stupid map
>Philip's Atlas of World History
aaah ok anglo edumacation, carry on then
>>
>>56545669
lol, I remember dancing with my date at prom to this song

One of the few good things they've produced
>>
GRACIAS ESPAÑA
>>
>>56545792
and the women? There are not much of them here and they must dress a lot mor modest for obvious reasons as it is not the subtropics here but.. damn... they take care of themselves.

And with all due respects they are the only reason (together with Angola) that portuguese is still relevant
>>
>>56543521
Spaniards did killed the natives, close to 90% of them perished out of desease, forced labour, famine or plain genocide, the sole fact that most of hispanic america is composed of mestizos shows how much of their numbers were cut down, considering not even the entire iberic peninsula had as many people as the aztec or inca empires.
>>
It was logistically impossible for Spain to keep all that territory and exploit it without the natives. In fact the natives had pretty friendly attitude towards the crown,and they were the ones that fought to remain under Spanish rule.
>>
>>56546161
None of the Brazilian women I've met were anything special, and we have a lot of immigrants from there.

I don't really care whether my language is relevant, desu
>>
>>56546268
Very few Spaniards emigrated to America,until the XIX century. The only Spaniards that went there were soldiers,criminals and low nobility that wanted to rise up socially. Most of the native population were natives in most places.
>>
>>56546429
*American population were natives.
>>
>>56543521
We did that in Argentina... that's how we got to be one of the only 3 countries that doesn't deserve to be nuked in this continent
>>
>>56546566
suriname is pretty great.......

actually it's not, it's a banana republic, but at least they speak Dutch
>>
>>56543521
Would they have had the manpower to secure it all? Far more English/French/Dutch colonies would've popped up in the gaps of Spanish control. Possibly a Scottish Panama.
>>
Ask a descendant of Spaniard Conquistador from the 1500s whose family never racemixed with natives anything. I'm the first one in my family to return to Europe.
>>
So much wasted potential
>>
>>56546429
By the time of independence in Mexico alone there was close to 1 million spaniards/american born spaniards, wich was quite the number (1/3 of the total population of New Spain) So i´d say plenty of spaniards migrated to America, not just soldiers and criminals, but colonist and settlers.
>>
File: trump.jpg (6 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
6 KB, 204x247
>>56548187
>we'll build a wall
>a magnificent wall
>the best wall you have ever seen
>the mexicans will thank us for that wall
>they will look at it and call me to thank me for this great wall
>thank you for stopping us getting in they will say
>>
>>56547858
No, of course not. That's why colonial empires had to encourage immigration from other countries in Europe to populate the colonies. As far as I know, Spain's policy was pretty much "Catholics from all over please migrate to our American colonies, we'll give you land to work and stuff". Not to mention that the slave trade happened because there wasn't even enough natives to exploit the land.
>>
>>56543521
so the US wouldnt put their puppets to fuck with the coutries?
>>
>>56548187
They also breed you know. If only 80000 people move to Mexico,that group population may grow to a million in a couple of generations.It is stimated that only between 3-5% of Spain's population moved to America prior to the XIX century.
>>
>>56548046
What is your surname?
>>
>>56548603
this is the reason quebecans have so many diseases, they bread quickly, but only with each other.

The huge tracts of farmland available in the new world allowed for explosive population growth, at the expense sometimes of genetic diversity
>>
Argentina.
>>
>>56548603
spain is the africa f euro
>>
>>56548922
you are mistaking Spain with the Balkans
>>
>>56548922
Toma un platano. No me muerdas mono
>>
>>56548953
are u a spanish?
>>
>>56543521
So what? That doesn't stop Guyana, Brazil, French Guiana and Suriname from being native-fug central.
>>
>>56549058
Nope very much Dutch
>>
>>56548922
but your people move to Spain :)
>>
>>56549181

>Guyana

>43.5% East Indian

Why are there so many poos there?
>>
it would be a futuristic utopia.
>>
but argentina did it and still is shit
>>
>>56543521
Not better.
>>
>>56557888

Because of this >>56543651

Sorry, Santiago. Your continent was doomed from the start
>>
>>56544803
Bad example. Argentina's wealth and demographics came from immigration rather than colonization. And the settlers only came because of its pleasant geography.

As a better example: about 1/3 of Cubans are fully Spanish but they've been living in squalor for centuries. Havana was only nice because the Spanish government insisted on developing their only large New World colony after the others rebelled.

Costa Rica and Panama, two heavily mestizo nations, are now substantially better off. Economics and history drive wealth, not genetics.

>>56553121
Brits shipped them everywhere after African slavery became uncool
>>
>>56543521
If spaniards had killed all natives then they would have imported negros.
>>
>>56558547
this, a continent that large cant be easily ruled over by a couple million. it was either rape babys or negro slaves
>>
>>56558162
Nah, the Argie government actually killed most of the natives here... other countries received european immigration too but got mixed with their native population.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.