[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1. Country 2. Potential risks of torrenting/pirating? There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: utorrent.png (40 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
utorrent.png
40 KB, 256x256
1. Country

2. Potential risks of torrenting/pirating?

There are none here but I hear it can get pretty severe in some countries.
>>
>>56534176
It's risky in countries that actually produce content worth pirating.
>>
no one cares
>>
none, we're probably one of the most pirate/torrent friendly nations
i remember that a foreigner on Germany got a warning for using Utorrent, is it tru?
>>
Indon
As long as it's not indon content (and outside products which already localized), they don't care.
>>
>>56534176
>utorrent
>not using qBittorrent

Answering the question,
1. MGdS
2. Nope, the gubment does not cares
>>
Prosecution, €2000 fine minimum or potato yield equivalent.
>>
Practically none. I have my client active 24/7 more or less. Looking at the stats for this weak I've uploaded 90 GB just from the shows I follow.

The only ones even actively chased are the uploaders responsible for pre'ing Swedish releases (i.e. 90% bleak crime dramas)
>>
>>56534882
>Malware found in Transmission

literally lmao

t. I use qBittorrent but it is inefficient as shit, just like Deluge
>>
>>56534176
Nothing because if you are a poor shithole like my cunt or most in this thread then the jews wont ask you for money since they know you really have no money they can sqeeze out of you
>>
>>56535144
You should be ashamed, like we have an excuse we are poor as shit and a days work yealds 10$ but you are rich, you should support the content producers so they keep producing so we can torrent more shit, do your part cuck
>>
>>56535229
Pretty much this, hell, piracy in general is usually like this, you can literally find stores selling illegal shit around here and nobody cares, and as long as you don't do anything retarded nobody will enforce piracy laws
>>
Piracy is legal here
God bless communism
>>
All they can do is send you letters warning you that it is illegal
>>
File: 1454286304783.jpg (31 KB, 680x365) Image search: [Google]
1454286304783.jpg
31 KB, 680x365
>>56535722
>hey what you're doing is illegal please don't do it anymore
>>
>>56535722
Can they sue you like in Germany?
>>
>>56534176
>ananas

provider may cut you off also there was a case 3-4 years ago where they arrested two hillbillies who were downloading adobe program or something stupid
>>
I don't believe there are any risks.
I never used VPN since 2008, I never buy content (software, movies, etc.), I usually download torrents and I am fine.
>>
you can download as much as you want, but uploading a lot (especially if you're the original uploader) can get you in trouble
>>
Some risk depending on content. Apparently downloading domestically produced music or films with a local distribution rights owner has small risk of you getting sued, but everything else, especially the stuff that has no local distributor like games and chinese cartoons will never get any attention.
>>
Never torrent simulators, new movies with German voices or chart music in Germany and you're fine. File hoster downloads carry no risk at all.
>>
Kek. I'd be surprised if our law enforcement agencies even knew about torrent.
>>
>>56534176
0 risk
>>
>>56536732
FUCKING RARE!!!!!!!
>>
>>56536732
>>56536788

OH SHIT

DOUBLE RARES
>>
>>56536825

Iceland has been around for a while. And I've seen Bangladesh at least once, the thread had something to do about getting liquor there.
>>
Nobody gives a shit here. 98% of people that I know are using torrents for games, movies, softwares, shows etc and nobody was harmed.
>>
It is legal to pirate stuff for personal use
>>
File: pirate7.jpg (122 KB, 784x1321) Image search: [Google]
pirate7.jpg
122 KB, 784x1321
>>56535346
Actually piracy helps the producers because it makes them more popular. For example if someone can download albums of some artist/band and listen to them and after some time become a fan and decide to support them by buying cds, tshirts, going to concerts etc. Literally story of my life, many bands wouldnt get a penny from me if I Couldnt pirate before
>>
File: Americans.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Americans.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
>>56534176
zero risk.
>>
I just use a VPN since I'm on a university connection
zero risk I guess
I hope at least
>>
There were some people who got sued for torrenting domestic movies, but no one really cares. Also downloading stuff from ftp services and streaming sites are 100% legal.
>>
>>56539767
Nice, I'll be staying there for a semester soon and I was afraid I'd have to stop pirating shit
>>
>>56540219
this unless you pay off some shills to hide your shit you run risk especially at schools
>>
who stro ftp
>>
>>56538688
This is the kind of shit pirates in denial tell themselfves to feel better, i don't think this has ever happened, at least not in Eastern European countries, be honest with yourself
>>
no one cares
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.