[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would europe benefit from having royalties on each nation, including
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg (86 KB, 568x379) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
86 KB, 568x379
Would europe benefit from having royalties on each nation, including russia?
>>
>>56526168
no Monarchies are and were retarded in general and only stupid stormfront faggots who masturbate to medieval fantasies think they are actually better than the modern state
>>
>>56526217
But the current monarchies are generally doing well in europe. And people aren't suffering like during the medieval times.
>>
>>56526345
current monarchies are a waste of money and do nothing but entertain degenerates with their gossip and scandals
>>
A nation with no head is weak and pathetic, and a state with no nation is an abomination. For the state to be justified, it must be founded on a strong national identity, and for the national identity to be strong, the nation must be headed by a figure with dignity and nobility - a monarch.

Any "country" with no monarch is not a real country, but at best a pocket of temporarily stable anarchy. Not just because of the above, but also because there is no focus for legitimate sovereign power (see Hobbes' Leviathan).
>>
>>56529060
God Save the Queen
>>
I can't understand how some people can still want a monarchy
>>
>>56529060
This
>>
File: dfdfd.png (73 KB, 314x228) Image search: [Google]
dfdfd.png
73 KB, 314x228
one of europe's most stable and richest countries: Switzerland has just about never been a monarchy, but what do I know.

Also the argentian babe on the right is more popular than our puffy cheecked king himself, so, go figure.
>>
>>56529060
the state itself is an anomaly
>>
>>56526168
That's not what "royalties" means.
>>
Only if some power is invested into them.
Generally I'd like to see King/Queen being the watch dog on parliament (or whatever your country calls it), just like how media is supposed to be. Royalty for the sake of royalty doesn't serve anyone.
>>
>>56529060
>a figure with dignity and nobility
How does that apply to contemporary monarchs?

In the middle ages, where hardly anyone knew the Monarch and people were shielded from getting too close to them you could sell this sort of romantic fantasy, but nowadays it wouldn't work any more. There's nothing awe inspiring about them. They're just people.
>>
>>56526168
Of course. Monarchy is highest and the most civilised form of government. The West has done greatly declined since Liberal Republics became popular. Elected leaders are forced to compromise decency for votes, they don't inspire people.
>>
File: 55d2f3a8.jpg (48 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
55d2f3a8.jpg
48 KB, 600x463
Ancestor of our emperor unified Japan in the 5th century.
>>
>>56532971
how is the whole having a male heir thing coming along?
>>
>>56526412
>current monarchies are a waste of money

Do you think Presidents don't take a salary? We need a Head of State. Either its a monarch or a president. Either way you've got to pay them out of taxes.
>>
>>56533439
First son of emperor inherits as a general rule, but there are 8 female ones in the past 1500 years.
>>
>>56526168
Based Willy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CrSJ-i_Wis
>>
>>56533823
Is the crown princess kuwaii uguu~?
>>
Taking a king now is stupid.
I mean, we have a king, we have had Kings since 1806, but having a king now will just make him illegitimate.
But I want to keep our king, he has no power anyway and he brings in lots of tourist money.

And besides, he costs the taxpayer like 4 euro per person eacht year. Stop whining about that.
>>
>>56531544
Easily fixed with enforcement of lese majeste laws.
>>
>>56526412
Britain's actually make money since the world is obsessed with them.
>>
I like our king desu. He's a jolly bantermaster who likes to take the bus and make fun of his wife.
>>
>>56535463
Even if they didn't make money, we wouldn't save money by getting rid of them and paying for a president instead.
>>
File: imrs.png (217 KB, 1484x1427) Image search: [Google]
imrs.png
217 KB, 1484x1427
>>
File: monarchy haters are nonwhite.png (406 KB, 1484x1809) Image search: [Google]
monarchy haters are nonwhite.png
406 KB, 1484x1809
>>
>>56536805
>using democracy as a measure of the success of monarchy
You are the non-White. Democracy is bad.
>>
>>56526168
Kingship is better than dictatorship, because every new dictator is money hungry, and because with kingship country is home of King, and owner wish only good for his property, but kingship is poor because son of the cool King can be poor ruler, because abilities not always heritable, and poor because court of King cost much, also democracy have defect, vote of an academician cost like vote of an uneducated yardman and et cetera.
>>
>>56529104
shut the fuck up
>>
>>56538167
Calm down Tyrone Hernandez
>>
>>56531544
Asian monarchs still do pretty well desu
>>
>>56537832
So use the HRE system - elective. Rulers under the emperor would vote for the new one, instead of always going for the firstborn.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.