[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: ireland-map.gif (285 KB, 1000x964) Image search: [Google]
ireland-map.gif
285 KB, 1000x964
Why is this allowed?
>>
File: 14932842893472.png (65 KB, 358x599) Image search: [Google]
14932842893472.png
65 KB, 358x599
I wish I knew
>>
>>56526024
Erin go brach lad
>>
My pa was a Northern Irish Catholic who moved to Melbourne in the 1950's. The stories I've heard of the shit he went through there was horrendous. My dad's side of the family is Anglican, so while I'm Catholic, I have some respect for the C of E and their procession and all, but fuck the whole Protestant v Catholic thing.
>>
File: IRA will rise again.jpg (203 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
IRA will rise again.jpg
203 KB, 1200x630
soon
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 484x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 484x367
>>56526429
>rubbinghands.gif
>>
>>56526024
Triggers my map autism desu
Don't care whether they're united under the crown or the Irish Republic
Just get rid of that fucking border please
>>
File: shrug.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
>be american
>still have no idea which side is what or wtf is going on or why

people start talking about catholics and protestants fighting and shit and its just fucking middle eastern jibberish to me.

i think my brain must switch off due to some subconscious racism which will not allow me to see my fellow white brothers acting like dumb-ass sand niggers.. i just go "lalalalalala" inside my head and keep assuming there must be something more meaningful behind it all than a bloody debate over the proper way to jerk off your imaginary dead sky jew.
>>
>>56526024
Banter.
>>
Because the people prefer a border to terrorism
>>
>>56526677
In a nutshell (correct me if any of this is wrong)...

>St Patrick introduces Catholic Christianity to the Irish
>They really like it and become attached to it
>In 1534, the Church of England was founded and became the official religion
>They try to force this on Ireland, again full of diehard Catholics
>The British Empire is the Protestant side (Church of England), and the Irish are the Catholic side
>It's really hard, and wars happen because of it
>Britain wins and Ireland is part of the UK for a while, but then republicans fight to break free
>In the 20's, an Irish politician called Michael Collins passed an agreement with Britain letting them have the counties that make up Northern Ireland
>Catholics were still hard done by and the Irish Republicans wanted the whole land back, so there was unrest throughout the 20th century, particularly in the Troubles
>>
File: Orange_Order_Canada.svg.png (16 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Orange_Order_Canada.svg.png
16 KB, 1200x600
Fuck Catholics
>>
>>56526677
the only people who hold genuine sectarian attitudes are loyalists and or presbytarians in northern ireland
>>
File: 1456960390678.png (41 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1456960390678.png
41 KB, 633x758
>Colonise & Destroy a country
>Call terrorist those who resist
>>
>>56526999
>In the 20's, an Irish politician called Michael Collins passed an agreement with Britain letting them have the counties that make up Northern Ireland
True, yet way too vague. There were many factors that went into the signing of the Anglo-Irish Treaty, and Collins was only a member of the Irish delegation, which was led by Arthur Griffith.
>>
>>56526429
>these american guns
yes good goy, keep fighting for our prof...for freedum, yes
>>
>>56526999
Weren't they given independence but northern Ireland immediately seceded and became part of the UK again?
>>
>>56526999
We can't forget the Ulster Scots who migrated to Northern Ireland in large numbers, they were mainly Protestant.
>>
>>56527678
yeah, them and the many IRA factions still operating in Ireland
>>
>>56528293
the ira and other republican paramilitaries were principally secular
>>
They won eurovision 7 times, that's why they are allowed to.
>>
>>56526284
This is the only logical solution daysoo
>>
>>56532474
conor cruise o'brien pls leave
>>
>>56532683
Kok
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.