[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: embarrassing shit you believed because of the country you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1457878929103.png (852 KB, 800x573) Image search: [Google]
1457878929103.png
852 KB, 800x573
ITT: embarrassing shit you believed because of the country you were born in

I fell for the "leftism is about big government and rightism is about small government" meme, and being raised in a conservative Christian home, I thought that conservatism was pretty much the political wing of religion and couldn't exist outside of religion.
>>
>>56523270
I used to think America was a perfect country that could do no wrong.
>>
i used to think countries mattered.

i'm not sure if it counts, but i find myself becoming more of an anti-statist every day.
i just don't see the need for a nation or state in this modern world. i can speak, shop, debate and interact with people from all over the world thanks to the internet. people can start businesses just as easy on the net as in real life, with less of the limitations a state would bring on you.
sure, having public roads and clean water is important, but people can organise themselves without a leader who would just use his power to start bullshit like wars or persecution.

the state feels redundant.
>>
>>56523684
>sure, having public roads and clean water is important, but people can organise themselves without a leader who would just use his power to start bullshit like wars or persecution

You think people will actually do this?
Who the hell spends his money on someone else when it is not disguised as tax?
>>
>>56523999
a smallish community united under a common cause, and where every person has his/her place and is well aware of it?
besides, money and capitalism can't exist without a state to uphold property rights anyway, so the point is moot.
>>
>>56523270
I used to think hadrians wall was still there, just with gates put in.
>>
>>56523999
Really rich people have no other use for their money than trying to purchase important souls so they are probably the ones spending most on others.
>>
>>56523684
But Norge chan if you cancelled all borders the nigger hordes would rush to rape your women and take your welfare.
>>
File: perish.gif (33 KB, 167x250) Image search: [Google]
perish.gif
33 KB, 167x250
When I was a kid I already felt that we Germans are the masters of the world. It felt totally normal to me. I always asked myself "how can I be so lucky? why was I born in the best country of the world? why are Germans so glorious?"

Later, in secondary school we were taught about WWII, Hitler, the holocaust and our evil German nazi blood. This brainwashing and collective guilt-campaigns made me hate everything that is German. I started hating the German people, German culture, German tradition, the German flag, just everything. I wished Germany would disappear and the world merged into one earth-nation.... Because I was not allowed to be a proud of my German nation anyway because of our history.
When I met people from other countries online it was my primary mission to tell them "we are not nazis anymore. we are open-minded now. we have a lot of foreigners. multi-culti is great."
I even denied the problems we have with foreigners because I was scared getting called a Nazi.

This anti-German mindset made a spineless beta boy out of me. Luckily I was able to free myself from this mind prison and transform into an alpha-German. Talk bad about my people near me and you put yourself in danger.
My German spirit was stronger than any brainwashing programs. Deep in my heart I always was a proud German. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles to be honest.
>>
>>56526340
Is that pasta?

>Talk bad about my people near me and you put yourself in danger

That shit is good
>>
>>56526774
>Is that pasta?
Of course not. It's a story from my life.
>>
File: 670px-Laugh-Step-1-Version-2.jpg (177 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
670px-Laugh-Step-1-Version-2.jpg
177 KB, 670x503
>>56526340
>Talk bad about my people near me and you put yourself in danger.
>>
>>56523270
i have nothing much of it. i used to think japan was shit and the west, especially europe, was superior. now i have a better knowledge of what they are and japan is from an international standpoint, but still think it in the same way as in the past.

the only thing im now being upset with the west is that art and music there are actually dying out fast. this keeps bothering me pretty much because i literally grew up with those and have relied on.
>>
>>56526340
ich kringierte
>>
>>56526340
TWO WORLD WARS, ONE WORLD CUP
>>
>>56523350
i used to think the us was hitler and glorious europe was the best. also russia dindu nuffin.

then i graduated the youtube comment section.
>>
>>56523684
How will these groups organize themselves then? Through democracy then maybe?...Oh, wait..

And what will happen if a group decides they want the better area that their neighbors are occupying? They are going to talk it out because 'there is no leader'?
>>
>>56524762
So in other words you want micro-nation-states. City-states, as it were. A thoroughly mediaeval system. Noice.
>>
>>56526340
m'lady
>>
>>56526340
>losing 2(TWO) world wars
jej
>>
>>56523684
>people can organise themselves without a leader who would just use his power to start bullshit like wars or persecution
It's called a democracy. What are you, 15?
>>
>>56523350
haha... ofcourse you deserve it bcoz you're American.. how can you think against your country
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.