[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody been to Copton LA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10
I have always wanted to see it in real life after hearing it mentioned so much in NWA songs.

I don't think I will get stabbed or murdered.

My girlfriend is one of the softest, cry baby people I know and she grew up in the slums of the Philippines.

If my sooky, cry baby girlfriend can survive in the slums of the phillipines I am sure I can spend atleast just one day in compton without being murder.

I mean seriously just one day.
>>
Well, don't expect to see bubble butt white women like in your pic. Expect to see a bunch of sketchy black men
>>
Compton is pretty safe these days. All this third world US stuff is mostly meme. It's a shame because it deters some people from visiting beautiful cities like Baltimore.
>>
I guess it's a nice city.
>>
>>56517635
Don't wear the wrong colors
>>
File: 1456594128302.gif (2 MB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
1456594128302.gif
2 MB, 300x241
>>56517635
>>56517659
Kek
You lads are funny
Have fun spending any time in South LA
>>
>>56517659
lmao don't believe this kraut. Certain places in baltimore look like mogadishu hit with artillery
>>
When i drive to the airport in LA i drive by compton on the freeway. I always lock my doors even though I'm going 60 mph (~100 km/h). you never know what those nigs are planning.

>>56517688

this also
>>
>>56517635
I have a friend that lives there. It's improved a lot over the years. Still a shithole though
>>
I really want to rent a an impala and cruise it around crenshaw boulevard on a friday night.

Would a white guy with a filipino chick in the passenger seat driving around an impala in compton get strange looks?
>>
I read that back in like the 60's black gangs werent that dangerous and all they used to do was sell drugs and beat each other up and on the odd rare occasion a stabbing.
>>
There are actually ghetto tours.

http://www.lahoodlifetours.com/
>>
>>56517826
I'd hate that as a black person. Sure they wanna improve the city's image
>>56517693
t. Never been to Baltimore

The Harbor, Fells Point and the Art Museums are top comfy
>>
I once got lost in LA and ended up there. It's pretty much like any other oldish run down suburb in a major city. Lots of people hanging out on front porches and street corners giving you weird looks while you drive by.
>>
>>56517886
So it's kinda like Woodridge except with guns.
>>
File: huehuehue.gif (338 KB, 538x572) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.gif
338 KB, 538x572
>>56517877
>>56517693

>american: baltimore is like mogadishu in some parts
>german: feels like home
>>
>>56517826
lmaooo the white peoples in the photos look so awkward
>>
>>56517659
>Baltimore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpVx92WMFfU
>>
There's this one picture of swede that says that he visited Compton and said that the ghettos they have over there are worse. Does anybody have it?
>>
>>56518404
No.
>>
>>56518404
No
Fuck off
>>
>>56518311
Redefining the term monkey bars.
>>
MAKE SURE TO ASK MY MAN D-BLOCK FOR THE REAL SEPPO CUNT TOURS
>>
>>56518022
Are you just about done meming? Don't talk to me or my son ever again unless you experience Baltimore outside The Wire first
>>
So cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCy2RFcCbmY
>>
It's mexican now.
Compton's dead brah
[spoiler]Thank god
>>
Rent something like this and take it to crenshaw Boulvevard?

http://777exotics.com/1966-cadillac-deville-rentals/
>>
File: WE.jpg (48 KB, 534x502) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
48 KB, 534x502
>listening to nigger speech "music"
>>
>>56518647
>>Being from Finland
>>
File: nog2.jpg (13 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
nog2.jpg
13 KB, 240x240
>>56518667
>>
>>56518667
>being autistic about American culture
You ain't a weabooo you a niggaboo
>>
>>56517635
I have been there and its not as dangerous as it used to be. You should probably still lock your car and avoid going outside at night. Its mostly hispanic now. LA in general has been a lot safer since the 90s.
>>
File: upside_down_pepe.jpg (92 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
upside_down_pepe.jpg
92 KB, 400x386
I went to California in June of 2011, almost wondered into Compton by mistake.

The areas that I saw looked pretty dodgy to me. If I ever go back there I'd rather carry a gun desu lol.
>>
>>56518698
If I was autistic about it I'd have a collection of Eazy E figurines or something.
>>
free the slaves they said
it will be great they said
>>
>>56518733
Why didn't you go for a look you pussy?
>>
I've been to Compton. Pasty, white nerd, and I got some dirty and weird looks, but be mindful and you'll be fine. Obviously don't dress super nice or wear flashy jewelry or anything.
>>
>>56518780
>Be skinny white Aussie dude
>Wonder into neighbourhood full of giant black Americans

You're wondering why, motherfucker? I like living.
>>
I live in Long Beach. Compton is a poorer area but it is mostly factories and office buildings. There are more sketchy areas in LA than Compton.
>>
>>56518741
You are the Caucasian version of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS1wmSXYsNo
>>
I wonder how they'd react to Australian hip hop music in compton.
>>
>>56518823
I think Aussie hip-hop is getting bigger in the US, I think The Hilltop Hoods tour over there pretty regularly.

Seen em before, they were good, seeing them again next month.
>>
>>56518815

Compton and long beach together now you know you're in trouble
>>
File: 1456120876082.png (655 KB, 721x436) Image search: [Google]
1456120876082.png
655 KB, 721x436
>>56518818
>jungle chinks wanting to be the worst type of chicano
I've seen it all
>>
compton is a meme. spend a day in oakland if you really want to test your luck.
>>
>>56517635
Compton's not the same as it was in the NWA days.
You won't get murdered.
If you're looking for serious action in cali then try oakland, stockton, or fresno.
>>
>>56518884
>nothin but a g-thang
Long Beach is a really big city. Except for a few blocks downtown and north Long Beach, it is a really expensive white/asian community.
>>
>>56518906
>asians wanna be Chicanos
>whites wanna be Niggers
It all makes sense...
>>
>>56518818

Thats like saying anyone who visits japan and takes part interest in the culture when over there is a weaboo.
>>
>>56518941
Why does Snoop Dogg bragg about being from a rich Asian neighborhood?

Doesn't seem gangsta to me.
>>
>>56518908
i lived there for two months, it's fine

well, the nicer half of it is at least
>>
>>56518733
Congrats, now you know why people wanna legally conceal-carry pistols here unlike most Australians and Europeans
>>
Compton has a cricket league

George Bush Sr and Jr used to live there too
>>
>>56519095
My aunt and uncle live in a mansion in the Oakland Hills, you can walk to UC Berkely from their house
My brother went to Oakland proper for one night and saw a guy get shot to death right in front of him. I had to walk through it once and a guy ran up to me screaming to call the cops cause some guys just beat the shit out of him and robbed him. A cop told me to not walk the direction I was going under any circumstances and take a detour
>>
>>56519146
wew

i was near Lake Merritt and downtown, the worst that happened was some black guy yelled at me for looking at him

and all the homeless people everywhere
>>
>>56519146
>>56519168
So...uhh...and chance that the blacks are gonna get purged out of oakland like they did in South Central?
>>
File: subl.jpg (22 KB, 414x270) Image search: [Google]
subl.jpg
22 KB, 414x270
>>56519088
In the 90s I guess it was more ghetto. Dont forget, Sublime is from Long Beach also, the height of tattooed white guy bro culture.
>>
>>56519233
i don't know about purge but it'll gentrify
>>
>>56519233
One on hand, probably never. That would require gentrification but most white kids would move to San Francisco.

On the other hand shit in San Fran is crazy expensive, so they might move to Oakland anyways. There may also be hipster hipsters who would move to Oakland because it's more "real" and "alive" because they are stupid. So who knows.

Odds are in time it will get better.
>>
>>56519233
this>>56519265
Maybe if Silicon Valley needs more room
>>
>>56519281
>There may also be hipster hipsters who would move to Oakland because it's more "real" and "alive" because they are stupid. So who knows.
That was my brother and he found out real quick
>>
>>56519233
All the white hipsters from San Francisco are moving to Oakland. It's becoming the Brooklyn of the west. The whole Bay is becoming gentrified thanks to the tech boom. Not that I'm complaining
>>
>>56517655
>>56517635

>itt people who have never been to compton.

It's no where near the disaster zone that it was in the late 80's/90's.

If you want to see a real disaster zone that is much harsher than compton/south-central/watts, spend some time in Detroit. That city is fucked beyond belief.
>>
I live in South Central, despite all the shit blacks mostly everyone is bretty chill and way better than the people I knew in downtown la
>>
>>56519360
Are you Hispanic?
>>
>>56519419
Ye homes but lucky for me I live in the whitest area that's filled with old ww2 vets
>>
>>56519439
I used to live next to an old Russian, he used to get his mail stolen and he'd say "I hope I catch whoever did this, I'll shoot them in a moment, I'm World War 2 veteran and I don't care"
>>
File: chink festation.jpg (54 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
chink festation.jpg
54 KB, 500x381
>>56517635
compton is full of beaners desu.
beaners. beaners everywhere.
while nignogs in some areas.
>>
>>56519475
That's basically the mentality of all burgers desu, I'm pretty sure if my gramps was still alive he'd pull out his ww2 luger
>>
File: Screenshot (281).jpg (262 KB, 1366x656) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (281).jpg
262 KB, 1366x656
>>56519360
Wew, DTLA has a huge homeless black problem. Like holy shit there a whole block packed with them sleeping in the streets. Pic related is a random street view.
>>
>>56519565
These people used to be in hospitals. They're schizophrenic, and have other mental illnesses.
>>
>>56519565
Skid row is getting out of control last time I was there there was old naked black guy running up to people and shit
>>
>>56519592
I think enforcement has been a bit lax since the cops shot and killed the dude there
>>
>>56519565

Same in SF, there's a street where they all hang around. I forgot which quater it was in.
>>
>>56517635
It used to be way worse in the 90's and early 00's, it's a lot better now but still not some place I'd be caught lacking in. Just keep to yourself and mind your business and you won't have problems. Don't wear too much of a certain color in the wrong neighborhood, flash jewelry or money, or look like a mark or walking lick
>>
>>56517635
It isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. It's actually becoming more popular and rich now
>>
>>56517635
It's safeish I think,it's just a slightly worse looking neighbour hood with drug dealers and shit happening at night.

It's also more mexican than nigger now,no nwa spirit anymore
>>
>>56517635
i lived in compton briefly, and spent pretty much the whole time surrounded by the kind of people you'd expect. it's not what it used to be, but it's still shit. ugly houses, dirty streets, sketchy groups walking down streets asking you were you're from. the woman are low class and loud. they will give you more shit and target you if you''re white. if you go just look like you know where you are and where you're going. and at least carry a knife.
>>
>>56518741
I'd buy that.
>>
>>56520272
I can still see lowriders though.

Which aren't a common sight in Australia.
>>
Safer than the 90s thats for sure. With the influx of Mexicans and other Latin American families to south LA due to gentrifying neighborhoods near downtown, Compton is lowly becoming predominantly Latino.

But its slowly changing into a minority familyish community now. Still unsafe at night and some streets though
>>
>>56519475
>There are WWII vets on 4chan
>>
>>56521066
Nevermind, I just checked the quotation marks.
>>
>>56519565
This is getting gentrified now. i have no idea where the fuck theyre doing with the bums there. Most of them have mental illnesses or far gone on drugs
>>
>>56517635
>Copton

I'm assuming you meant Compton. Me and my friend walk around Eastern Compton a lot near where it borders Bellflower, often at night and have never had any problems other than weird drunks and hobos asking for change, and she's blonde so stands out. It's not anything like 80s rap made it sound like anymore. It's mostly lower middle class plebish Mexican and Whites now. You need to go into the further South end of Compton towards North Long Beach to see that real ghetto stuff and even then it's not really that bad. Los Angeles County in general is no where close to as bad as it once was and it's in no way worse than a Filipino slum.
>>
anyone one of you guys who knows Compton seen the movie Dope? How accurate is that movie? there were some gangsters but main characters are basically geeks and hipsters. Never imagined kids living there looking like that
>>
>>56519565
L.A is a disgusting city. I don't understand how anyone could want to live there.
>>
Drove through there once. There was a Church's Chicken and a Popeyes at one intersection with 30+cars in each drive thru.
>>
i grew up in paramount, onthe east side, bordering compton. its just another craphole as was paramount. not many people outside of this are know this, but compton is half hispanic on one side. other cities have becone much worse, such as detroit and chicago. this place is just a meme thanks to studio gangsters like dr. dre and ice cube.
>>
>>56524007
gangsters aound here traded in their ultra baggy jean pants for tight purple ass-hugging jeans somewhere around 2005. its not the 90s anymore.
>>
I live in Compton, ama.
>>
>>56517635
Its not like it was in the 80s and 90s, but compared to a European country its still dangerous south chicago,saint louis, detroit and flint are pretty dangerous now awadays, infact chicago is getting worse, the violent crime recently tripled because alot of veteran police are quiting and are saying they are so scrutinized now they are scared to try and arrest people and are just staying out of south Chicago.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.