[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be american >wear confederate shirt at school >get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 20
File: battleflag.png (185 KB, 464x250) Image search: [Google]
battleflag.png
185 KB, 464x250
>be american
>wear confederate shirt at school
>get sent home

http://woodtv.com/2016/03/16/student-told-to-change-rebel-flag-shirt-or-go-home/
>>
inb4 sister-fucking faggots defend the confederate flag / civil war.

yes, it was about "state's rights"--the "state's rights" to own slaves. Every credible historian agrees. It is a RACIST symbol, whether you like it or not and has no place at a school.
>>
>>56515011
>Every credible historian agrees. It is a RACIST symbol,
[citation needed]
>>
>cuckbec
>>
>>56515048
shut the fuck up faggot
>>
File: 1458158031749.png (96 KB, 350x229) Image search: [Google]
1458158031749.png
96 KB, 350x229
>>56515011
>>
>>56515042
I will need a citation on what color the sky is as well.
>>
>>56515011
This. Fuck those stupid hicks "Muhhhh heritage"

You got blown the fuck out. Join or fucking die. USA
>>
The fuck is wrong with you faggots. You know how awesome it would be if we still had slavery. Only an idiot would disagree. The confederate flag is a reminder of how we fucked up and abolished our right to own niggers and profit off them.
You fucking cucks...
>>
File: th.jpg (41 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
41 KB, 320x220
>>56515241
>>
>>56515278
If the Confederates won we would be in a golden age, think height of Egyptian or Roman civilization.

Even says in the Bible we can have slaves. I blame Brazil who set the trend on being cucks.
>>
File: pepe_x.png (203 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
pepe_x.png
203 KB, 499x499
>>56515241
>average 17 yo trump supporter
>>
File: 1st_minnesota_at_gettysburg.jpg (399 KB, 1154x829) Image search: [Google]
1st_minnesota_at_gettysburg.jpg
399 KB, 1154x829
>>56515241
Fuck off you seperatist scumbag. Join or die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJB036ev2Q
>>
I think the kid has the right to freedom of expression, confederate flags shouldn't be banned or punishable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tci36bNjg
>>
>>56514920
I mean, Confederate-cucks are idiots, but this is a clear case of 'Freedom of speech is ok if you are saying the things I like'. I bet if a black student went to school dressed as a Black Panther they wouldn't say anything to him, and if they did, he would cry 'MUH CIVIL RIGHTS'.
>>
>>56515347
lmao, all the intellectuals were in the north. Slave labor was not a viable economic strategy anyway, and would have basically ruined the south economically at some point. US would have gotten buttfucked by Spain or someone else afterward with a South win.
>>
>>56515011
>It is a RACIST symbol

It's a fucking battle flag.
>>
>>56515347
>the bible
>real
>>
>>56514920
Good, glad that loser got sent home. The Confederacy was always a mess, they never win, and were always destined to lose.
>>
>>56515564
To signify a country that went to war because they wanted to own black people.
>>
>>56515554
>I mean, Confederate-cucks are idiots
they fought against centralisation of the country to DC which was fucking right
dixie should have won and usa might still have been great instead of a cuck sjw policestate
>>
File: General_J_E_B_Stuart.jpg (138 KB, 489x771) Image search: [Google]
General_J_E_B_Stuart.jpg
138 KB, 489x771
I believe the young man can do anything he wishes to express himself. No institution can tell him otherwise.
>>
>>56515241

>it's freedom of speech when I say it is

wew
lad
>>
>>56515508
>>56515241
>>56515612
I want /pol/ to leave.
>>
>>56515576
>>
>>56515603
>usa might still have been great
>>
>>56515134
>You got blown the fuck out

Strength Union

Casualties and losses
110,000+ killed in action/died of wounds
230,000+ accident/disease deaths
25,000–30,000 died in Confederate prisons
365,000+ total dead
282,000+ wounded

Strength Confederate
750,000–1,000,000

Casualties and losses
94,000+ killed in action/died of wounds
26,000–31,000 died in Union prisons
290,000+ total dead
137,000+ wounded

k
>>
>>56515638
right after you, lebbit
>>
File: 1457480858867.png (701 KB, 685x628) Image search: [Google]
1457480858867.png
701 KB, 685x628
>>56515601
>this is what they teach people nowadays.

>every historian agrees
no they don't, there is not a single historian worth his salt that would sum up the Civil War so simply.
>>
>>56515603
>comparing the actual CSA to rednecks
>>
File: lee.jpg (669 KB, 2206x2376) Image search: [Google]
lee.jpg
669 KB, 2206x2376
>>56515638
I am not /pol/, I am accepting of all individuals. I just don't think anyone should have their history taken from them
>>
File: sherman hates indians.jpg (62 KB, 435x581) Image search: [Google]
sherman hates indians.jpg
62 KB, 435x581
>>56515638
Immediately after the war, Dodge proposed enslaving the Plains Indians and forcing them “to do the grading” on the railroad beds, “with the Army furnishing a guard to make the Indians work, and keep them from running away”. Union army veterans were to be the “overseers” of this new class of slaves. Dodge’s proposal was rejected; the U.S. government decided instead to try to kill as many Indians as possible.

In his memoirs, Sherman has high praise for Thomas Clark Durant, the vice president of the Union Pacific Railroad, as “a person of ardent nature, of great ability and energy, enthusiastic in his undertaking”. Durant was also the chief instigator of the infamous Credit Mobilier scandal, one of the most shocking examples of political corruption in U.S. history. Sherman himself had invested in railroads before the war, and he was a consummate political insider, along with Durant, Dodge, and his brother, Senator John Sherman.

President Grant made his old friend Sherman the army’s commanding general, and another Civil War luminary, General Phillip Sheridan, assumed command on the ground in the West. “Thus the great triumvirate of the Union Civil War effort,” writes Sherman biographer Michael Fellman, “formulated and enacted military Indian policy until reaching, by the 1880s, what Sherman sometimes referred to as ‘the final solution of the Indian problem’”.

What Sherman called the “final solution of the Indian problem” involved “killing hostile Indians and segregating their pauperized survivors in remote places.” “These men,” writes Fellman, “applied their shared ruthlessness, born of their Civil War experiences, against a people all three [men] despised. . . . Sherman’s overall policy was never accommodation and compromise, but vigorous war against the Indians,” whom he regarded as “a less-than-human and savage race”

What a hero

And people wonder why the Native Americans fought for the Confederacy
>>
>>56515697

Actual statements by actual confederate states:

>Mississippi
>Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.

>South Carolina
>The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution.
>>
>>56515650
Proportional retard.
and this is all that matters. The south burned and was beaten to submission.
>>56515748
>I am accepting of all
Clearly not the case. Losers should stay in history museums, not monuments to honor them
>>
>>56515822
(cont'd)

>Texas
>Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated Union to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?

>Georgia
>The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery. They have endeavored to weaken our security, to disturb our domestic peace and tranquility, and persistently refused to comply with their express constitutional obligations to us in reference to that property, and by the use of their power in the Federal Government have striven to deprive us of an equal enjoyment of the common Territories of the Republic.
>>
>>56515822
>Blacks should be free!
>Kill all the indians!
>Irish need not apply!

>As the Shoshone used tomahawks and bows and arrows for defense, the soldiers appeared to lose control. After killing most of the men and many of the children, they raped and assaulted the women. In some cases, soldiers held the feet of infants by the heel and "beat their brains out on any hard substance they could find."Women who resisted the soldiers were shot and killed. One local resident, Alexander Stalker, noted that many soldiers pulled out their pistols and shot several Shoshone at point blank range. The soldiers burned the Shoshone dwellings and supplies; they killed anyone they found in the shelters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_River_Massacre
>>
>>56515748
There is a difference between taking someone's history and compelling him not to celebrate it.
>>
>>56515854
>lose more people dead and wounded
>p-p-proportional retard

kek
>>
File: get lost mick.jpg (506 KB, 2145x1209) Image search: [Google]
get lost mick.jpg
506 KB, 2145x1209
>>56515859
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/317749.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indentured_servant
>>
File: 4rdfc.jpg (82 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
4rdfc.jpg
82 KB, 650x400
>>56515854
Do you not understand that the civil war was Americans killing Americans? No matter what side you were on, you fought for what you believed was right. It was brothers killing brothers.
Lee was an American man, but he could not abandon his state. What many great confederate generals did was something spectacular to have less than 3% of all production and to be severely undermanned and still win many battles and fight as hard as they did. These are our men, they just fought on different sides.
>>
File: 14748945-1435763113-640x360.jpg (44 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
14748945-1435763113-640x360.jpg
44 KB, 640x360
>>56516061
>mfw confed monuments in the south desecrated constantly
>>
>>56516061
Traitors are still traitors. It's a disgrace that they get arlington style graves and are treated as americans. Once you secede you lose your rights as an american and should be nothing more than a traitor.
>>56516115
Good, they should take every single one down and replace them with union ones.
>>
File: '.gif (125 KB, 480x371) Image search: [Google]
'.gif
125 KB, 480x371
>tfw I've worn a Dixie shirt and white liberals don't say shit because i'm a chicano
>>
This is retarded, libcucks are going to send us down the path of Germany.
>>
>>56516175
By your logic The Colonials should get their graves desecrated by the British as they were all once subjects to the British crown and traitors to it.

Or is that different becuse they won?
>>
File: Q3CP0bc.jpg (123 KB, 804x590) Image search: [Google]
Q3CP0bc.jpg
123 KB, 804x590
>>56516175
I can't agree, these men are our men, whatever side you stood on, you fought for what you believed in. You cannot hold people from a different time to a current standard
>>
>>56515650
How fucking stupid are you? 1/3 of the confederate army died and they came out of the war with a complete and total loss despite fighting on their home turf for the majority of the war. The southerners made a classic mistake of hanging around niggers long enough to become just as stupid as their slaves, start a fight, and get murdered.
>>
>>56515561
>all the intellectuals were in the north

Sure thing, bub.

>Slave labor was not a viable economic strategy anyway

... Every great civilization's economy prior to America didn't need slavery cause it's not a viable economic strategy to implement right... I guess they could have built Rome with minimum wage workers and volunteers to built the pyramids of Giza...
>>
>>56516465
Yea, it's not like there weren't massive changes in technology in between Classical Rome and the 19th century.
>>
>>56516508
Yep, technology would have definitely freed the educated slave workforce and led them to freedom...
>>
File: 0qFsE.jpg (28 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
0qFsE.jpg
28 KB, 425x283
>>56515564
>It's a fucking battle flag.
You souther boys really are pretty fucking simple. What does that statement even mean? Sure its a battle flag, but there are a million battle flags out there, why did they pick this one? Why still wear a battle flag that was flown while the southern states waged a civil war trying to destroy the USA? Dont you think people are smart enough to look past the very surface of a symbol. Does anyone see that and think "Look at that kids battle flag shirt, he must be a battle flag enthusiast". No you thick fuck, both you and I know that not what it represents, so who are you trying to fool you fucking mongoloid? The guy is wearing the flag of the confederacy which fought for slavery and against america, and thats fucking obvious. All of that is fine too, its understandable why they wouldn't allow it in a public school, but theres no need to pretend to be retarded just to act like you dont understand why they would oppose it.
>>
>>56515011
This
>>
>>56516562
That's irrelevant to whether or not slave labor was a viable economic strategy in the middle of the 19th century. Anyone not industrialized was going to get buttfucked.
>>
>>56514920
That's kinda like wearing a swastika shirt to school. Regardless of what it means, someone only wears it to school because they're looking for conflict.
>>
>>56516322
>lose more people when you have them outnumbered, outgunned and out produced
>say you hate them
>died to keep people you hate in the country

Ayy lamo
>>
We are all still slaves unless you are part of the 0.000000001% global elite.
>>
>>56515347
you are a stupid guy anon, the south was just a mass producer of materials for the industrial north, the southern states were more or less useful idiots who contributed nothing to the technological advancement of the country but had a climate that made it great for the production of many raw materials. Nothing indicates that the south eastern states had any plans of becoming anything more than a bunch of illiterate hicks either on their own or as a part of the US, thats what their culture is and not much is going to change it.
>>
>>56515011
The war was about the right to secede, not have slaves.
Was the issue at the time, and thus the reason they seceded, slavery? Sure, but that's not what the war was fought over.
>>
>>56516726
Nice middle school legalese fuckboy
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x1136
>>56515011
>>
>>56515011
>>/reddit/
>>
>>56516710
Just a mass producer? Woah, calm down a bit would ya. Why didn't you tell me that the south was a giant farm with dirt roads connecting each other to begin with after all these years. Shit. I guess you can rule out all possibilities of any chance that people might gather in a hub and trade, share ideas, and maybe form a small community. Shit you really got me. Guess we'll never know if a city like Atlanta for example will ever amount to anything....
>>
>>56516765
Can you explain why freeing the slaves was not a policy of the Union until AFTER they had essentially won the war?
>>
GOD BLESS THE UNION
GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tIsXLyZcWI
>>
>>56516765
The north could have let the Confederate States become their own country and there would have been no war, it's only because the Union felt the South didn't have the right to secede that the Civil War occurred.
>>
>>56516707
We call it Freedom these days, chief. Big difference between slavery and freedom.
>>
>>56516656
the casualties on both sides are very close to equal, just because you have a bigger army doesnt mean you have more men on your side in every fight, depending on the battle sometimes the union was outnumbered sometimes the confederates were outnumbered, and the majority of the major battles occurred in the south where the confederates are going to have better access to supplies and their soldiers are going to have a lot more to lose due to being on the defensive. And either way it isnt about he details of battlefield performance, the fact is the south suffered an absolute loss, they came out with basically nothing to show for their efforts while the union met basically all of its objectives.
>>
>>56516842
Says the guy locked indoors in his mom's basement on St Patrick's day.

Join the club...
>>
>>56516849
>have the advantage
>lose more people to Redneck hillbillies.
>Try to justify it

lol I bet you think vietnam was a win
>>
>>56516812
Because abolishing slavery wasn't the dominant reason the union went to war. They were interested in preventing secession above all.
>>
>>56516798
Even after losing the war and having 150 years to recover the southern states are still less developed than the north. they consistently rank at the absolute bottom of the list in terms of education at all levels, have the highest poverty rates, and are all around fuck ups in most measures of success. Deep souther culture is not at all conducive to progress and societal advancement. They are a bunch of bible thumping hillbillies who spit on anything that doesnt fit in with that.
>>
>>56516876
Whatever situation you're in, don't go projecting them on others. I'm not even Irish. I also wasn't disagreeing with you but there's a huge difference from what slaves used to be and to what the working class is today.
>>
>>56514920

Nigga just tryin to be stylin!
Don't be mad cuz some teachers be hatin!
Cuz dat vester is some dope shit!
>>
>>56516911
fighting in enemy territory is a disadvantage, and its not team deathmatch, you fight a real war to meet your political objectives which the union did and the confederacy absolutely failed to do
>>
>>56515011
this desu senpai
>>
>>56515011
sure, the swastika is also a racist symbol despite being a billion years old hindu sign
>>
>>56515241
Do people really believe this?
>>
>>56517019
Symbols are what you make them and what people see in them.

In India people may react fine to the symbol, but here in the West we recognize it as the insignia for possibly the most successfully evil person in modern history. Context is important. No one is going to buy some pasty skinhead white dude's claim that he's wearing a "Hindu symbol."
>>
>>56517073
And no one is going to buy some pasty southern white dude's claim that he's wearing a "states rights symbol"
>>
>>56517033
some southerners probably do, the rest are just 4chan edge lords
>>
>>56516465
>all the intellectuals were in the north

This is actually a real thing, the south is seriously behind the rest of the country when it comes to intellectual contributions
>>
>>56516940
"Reconstruction" only hurt the south a little less than the war.

They should have hanged the worst of the traitors and given the region less autonomy post-war but there was never enough political will to do that
>>
>>56516972
Still making excuses for losing more men when you had all the advantages?
>>
>>56516577
Every argument you used there can be applied to the US flag.

Way to get that buttblasted by a symbol, guy
>>
>>56515908
>German knows best
>>
>>56517019
Not just in Hindu cultures, it's been seen in various cultures and time periods throughout history. Oldest swatsika was found in Ukraine.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/symbol-swastika-and-its-12000-year-old-history-001312
>>
>>56517073
>the battle flag of northern virginia itself was never the confederate flag, only featured on it much like the swastika and the nazi flag
>the battle flag of northern virginia was rarely used by racist groups until the 1960s, and even then, much less so than the american flag
>>
>>56515011
>It is a RACIST symbol
Whether it is or it isn't should carry the same weight to the law and the freedom to express yourself and what you believe is right should not be infringed.
>>
It's just a symbol guys, it ain't hurt nobody. Didn't do nuffin wrong. Was a gud boi, gettin back to school ooga booga
>>
>>56514920
I wish I had this much freedom.
>>
>>56514920
its a flag for traders its no better then a fucking issis flag
>>
>>56517172
Except that, despite what you asshats want to believe, the confederate flag is more about a sentiment of anti-federalism than anything to do with racist ideology. Or, perhaps you truly understand that and just resort to the same ol'
>MUH RAYCISTS
bullshit to try to push your agenda.
>>
my neighbor flies a gigantic confederate flag from the back of his truck. i can only imagine the amount of nigger butthurt he generates driving around on a day to day basis.
>>
>>56517740
The South is only just now recovering from its loss in the Civil War (and many of its post-bellum self-inflicted wounds). 20 years ago, much of the South couldn't even be said to have had an advanced industrialized economy.
>>
>>56519094
>The South is only just now
That sounds like a meme, I don't believe you.
>>
Retarded edgelord southern Americans are so common that it's impossible to differentiate satirical posting from real opinions
>>
>>56514920
>land of the offended home of the white guilt
>>
Retarded cucklord Melbourners are so common that it's impossible to differentiate satirical posting from real opinions
>>
>>56519129
Suck my dick, dude
>>
>>56516061
the confederacy were traitors and they wern't americans in the same sense as unioners were americans.
american is the demonym for people of the united states of america and people that liv ein the the 2 continents of the americas
you wouldn't refer to the mexican war as americans killing americans (which is technicly true)

they were citizens of the confederacy not citizens of the union so they were not americans
>>
>>56519545
see>>56516248
>>
>>56519545
If they were not Americans, who were they traitors of?

They entered into the Union under one pretense, then the Union decided to change the conditions.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.