[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is life worse for your generation than for your parents'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Pekka Fofonoff.jpg (50 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Pekka Fofonoff.jpg
50 KB, 960x720
Is life worse for your generation than for your parents' generation in your country?
>>
>>56502127
On all levels except professionnal, nah.
>>
>>56502127
In terms of job opportunities, it's worse without a doubt.
>>
Houses cost too much money and there's more pakis.
>>
File: бицхето.jpg (398 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
бицхето.jpg
398 KB, 2048x1536
>>56502127
I am living an easier life than my parents, and they in turn lived an easier life than their parents.
>>
yes and no

i may never find a job or a gf, but i can post memes and play vidya
>>
I'm American. In California.

Of course it is.
>>
>>56502127
yes
>>
>>56502127
Very.
>>
>>56502127
ohh fuck no
>>
>>56502127
Yeah, young people have a bad time here.
it's because inflation, crime, no experience = no good job, no money and weak currency
>>
>>56502733
Hey there rare flag, how was life worse for earlier generations? Over here it was gommunism and its slow downfall, starting in the 80s. People were forbidden to travel, you had to get a document from the state in order to be allowed to live in another town.
>>
>>56502768
>muh millenials
>implying it isn't the same with every generation
>implying time is not a flat circle
>>
>>56502901
the ottomans starved them did shitty trade deals that undermineded their merchants cut down our trees etc
>>
File: 1390310845021.png (9 KB, 1003x136) Image search: [Google]
1390310845021.png
9 KB, 1003x136
My parents are boomers, whom grew up during the cold and Vietnam war and recessions.
I've grown to see great western civilization fall into a downwards spiral, rampant with multiculturalism and feminism.
I live in Southern California, and while white people are not at all uncommon in my area, their brains are often molded by the media and their colleges. Nu-males, hipsters, SJW cunts galore. Wherever else I do go in this state, it seems I see as many minorities as I do whites.
I'd probably take growing up as a boomer for its more traditionalist period, even with whichever hardships accompany it over the decadence which taints western societies today.
>>56502768
cognitive dissonance
High and mighty on their moral high horses, though the effects of their beliefs often contradict their intended purposes. Too pussified and feeling-oriented to properly reflect on history and take in the valuable lessons which is has to offer. Too busy whining about non-issues like privilege and your rights end where my feelings begin.
>>56502933
Yet the US, culturally, is in its most abject form yet, and it continues to decline. Most values which have kept America successful are dying off with the elderly.
Well, who knows. It's probably all as it should be.
>>
File: rome timeline.png (55 KB, 1220x279) Image search: [Google]
rome timeline.png
55 KB, 1220x279
>>56503197
And the average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
just a flat circle huh
>>
>>56502127
no, 2 wars that claimed 15% of the population followed by economic sanctions is the worst it got
>>
>>56502127
Yes on literally every level.

Except for the internet of course
>>
>Is life worse for your generation than for your parents' generation in your country?

I dont know. I personally had it worse than my parents, but we as a nation are generally much better off than everyone around us, so I guess I can't complain.
>>
I should have told people about my anxiety ages ago.
It's a licence to do anything

>Anon, can you go to the shop for me?
>Can't. Anxiety.
>Can you take a shower please
>Can't. Anxiety.
>Why didn't you show up for work yesterday?
>Anxiety.
>>
For technology and convenience? No.

In terms of quality of life? Yes. Overrun with pakis, astronomical housing prices, shitty student financing, awful liberal nanny state.
>>
In some basic aspects it's much worse. We have more freedoms but less happines.
>>
>>56503953
freedom is invaluable
>>
no, we have democracy and bread now
>>
Both of my parents grew up literally in the middle of the forest. And my father had to take care of his 5 younger siblings bevause his father was an alcoholic. So I guess my life is better but I'm not so sire about my future
>>
>>56504356
Safety, higher quality food, more Russians, social stability, guaranteed jobs, functional farms, bigger families vs. ability to make an iPhone startup and travel to Spain. Dunno, m8.
>>
File: Liberty Prime.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Liberty Prime.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>56504529
>>
>>56504640
They abandoned communism after Stalin's death.
>>
>>56503886

Your parents' generation let the Pakis in.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 236x213
>>56504529
>Safety, higher quality food, more Russians, social stability, guaranteed jobs, functional farms,bigger families....
I want kill you, the bastard
>>
In terms of material wellbeing and access to technology? Better.
In terms of future prospects and wealth? In all likelyhood worse.
>>
>>56502127
They are baby boomers. Those disgusting people had and will have probably the best lifes in the history of humanity. I hate them so much.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.