[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consider it rude for English speakers to move to a country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 20151120_151001.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
20151120_151001.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
Do you consider it rude for English speakers to move to a country like Norway/Denmark ect and not learn the local language?
Even though you both know English.
>>
>>56475684
That's just retarded.
>>
>>56475722
So yes its rude?
>>
>>56475740
I'd learn the language anyway but I wouldn't say it's rude so long as you're not rapefugee tier
>>
>>56475740
No, it's impossible. Anyway you will learn the foreign language if you live in a foreign country (to talk with cashiers or taxi drivers).
>>
>>56475791
Many countries in Europe have the population able to speak decent English.
>>
I would consider it pretty rude.
>>
>>56475684
i think its kind of rude, but once they hear your anglo accent they will just speak english to you anyway.
>>
>>56475684
I'm very happy to learn the language as long as people are sympathetic to my shitty grammar and pronounciation pronunciation. I lived in France for a bit and nobody would pay me any attention as soon as I used the wrong gender or they couldn't understand a word I was pronouncing, so I just stopped trying.
>>
The least you can do is learn the language and not expect everyone to speak englando
>>
>>56475839
Thank you for answer my little Swedish mate.
>>
>>56475811
Ahaha, who told you that? They don't speak Engilish in Europe at all (besides maybe slavic countries). And if they do they hate to talk in English so they just could pretend they don't.
>>
>>56475914
A lot of places in Western Europe teach English all throughout school. They have a large amount of people who know English.
>>
File: 1457604239625.png (279 KB, 445x472) Image search: [Google]
1457604239625.png
279 KB, 445x472
>>56475914
>They don't speak Engilish in Europe at all (besides maybe slavic countries)
Is this some sort of attempt at trolling?
>>
It's rude. I switch talking to Swedish half the time so these people will feel be forced to deal with it.
>>
I think it is incredibly rude if my opinion is worth anything
>>
>>56475684
It's rude if you plan on staying for a long time, but it's understandable if you only plan on staying for 6 months to like a year or two(for instance a shortish work contract).
>>
>>56475914
You're retarded, Ivan. At this point, most youngsters in Europe speak english at an adequate level, more so those from nordic countries. I was in Denmark in 2009 and it amazed how well almost everyone spoke english. I think I only encountered one person who didn't speak english.

Here in Portugal, as long as you ask someone young, you're good. We learn english at school all the way from first grade to twelfth grade. Aside from english, you have to choose an extra language from 7th grade onwards (german, spanish, french, mandarin).
>>
>>56475957
>>56476013
Ok thanks viking pals
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.