[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I legally buy a tank in America? And can I shoot the gun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (294 KB, 1024x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294 KB, 1024x750
Can I legally buy a tank in America?
And can I shoot the gun?
>>
>>56472399
>Can I legally buy a tank in America?
Yes.
>And can I shoot the gun?
Maybe.
>>
>>56472399
Yes
In the proper place
>>
>>56472399
You need a lot of registration.

Practically? no.

High explosive shells/explosives are almost completely banned. I doubt it's legal to fire them.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>56472468
Bbbbut right to bear arms n sheet.
>>
>>56472497
Nigga half the states ban most guns, the other half are gonna get cucked by Obama's new meme justice.
>>
some dude near me in California owns a fuckton of tanks, not sure he ever shoots the guns though he just rides them around
>>
>>56472497
You can own it with proper registration
You can fire it in the proper place

Because of retarded liberal interpretations of the 2nd ammendment they claim the right isn't unlimited, which just makes no fucking sense. What part of "shall not be infringed" do people not understand.
>>
>>56472530
>half
>>
Netherlands:
Yes

No, they usually internally break the shooting mechanism.
>>
>>56472561
What part of well regulated militia do people not understand
>>
>>56472627
In your opinion, what do you believe "a well regulated militia" meant at the time the Bill of Rights was written?
>>
File: off duty cop during a robbery.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
off duty cop during a robbery.webm
1 MB, 640x360
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2877265/I-know-school-run-battle-ridiculous-Father-drops-children-morning-17-tonne-TANK.html

And yes you can. I would assume tank munitions would be classified the same as mortars and such and you CAN legally own them for private use with the right tax stamp
>>
>>56472399
Yes
Yes, the rounds are like several hundred to a few grand a shot.
>>
File: 2-A_Meaning_pg2.gif (44 KB, 827x628) Image search: [Google]
2-A_Meaning_pg2.gif
44 KB, 827x628
>>56472627
>>
>>56472399
Yeah
Some dude on /k/ said he was gonna do it, found out it would cost a quarter mil to bring a T72 over and remil it, and bought a Ferrari instead.
He may have been full of shit, but it is possible. Every shell counts as a destructive device, which means they need to be individually registered, and you're not gonna find anybody who makes 125mm in the US, so either custom or imported, which basically makes it a nightmare.
Ofc the US doesn't sell used armoured vehicles, either do we (because they don't.) Surplus M113s and Pattons get scrapped. The Irish have like 1000 of them sitting in a field somewhere rotting. You can order surplus tanks from the British and various slavs.
Much easier to just go to some 3rd world shithole and do it.
>>
>>56472853
You can get M72 LAW and 40mm grenades relatively easily, especially ones that don't explode. The biggest thing is you're gonna have a hard time finding 105mm shells, and finding 125 is much more difficult than that.
>>
I know of a man near me who bought a tank and registered it on his standard firearms certificate. As there is no limit on calibre in the UK and the cannon was single fire it was totally legit. Apparently the local army base paid him a visit to check him out and insisted on giving him a training session in proper use.
>>
yes

buy one from the URL below

http://circleboard.org/int/index.html
visit us for more epic internatoinal maymees
>>
>>56472399

> He thinks every weapon is legal in Murrica.

Canadian education, everyone. Yes, tactical nukes are legal.
>>
There's a lot of paperwork involved, and also the projectiles themselves have to be registered and pay $200 for EACH shell.
ct
Tanks in civilian ownerships are mostly WWII stuff used by re enactors and collectors. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>56472399
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tank-Sherman-M4A2E8-Restored-Running-WWII-/172133296926
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.