[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Koreans the most materialistic people in Asia? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: women-celebrity-asians-korean.jpg (566 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
women-celebrity-asians-korean.jpg
566 KB, 1920x1200
Are Koreans the most materialistic people in Asia?

I've never experienced another culture that is more obsessed with image, peacocking as many luxury goods as possible, and constantly talking about their salaries. Even the men wear makeup.
>>
It's what happens when you get an economy out of sheer dumb luck after 2000 years of not doing shit, not even cultural achievements like literature. Seriously, Koreans are the most WE WUZ people this side of Greeks.
>>
I was going to disagree with you but then I realized it was true.
>>
Only the seen
>>
pretty :3
>>
>>56468171
>sheer dumb luck

They wrestled away the ship building industry from Europe.
>>
>>56468231
>sheer dumb luck
I'm not that poster, but they made a huge gamble with steel production. At the time, almost everyone in global governance told them not to do it. They also almost went under in the asian financial crisis but managed to convince everyone to donate their gold to the government.

cucks.
>>
>>56468296
>but managed to convince everyone to donate their gold to the government

Can you imagine how great Greece could be if Greeks could summon the will to show up for work?
>>
>>56468344
They used up all of their courage and willpower during the Hellenistic era. They still need to recharge.
>>
Afaik Koreans are the only people that weren't converted to christianity by the sword, and did it on their own. They still retain many traditional superstitious beliefs though. Fucking psychics are everywhere at night in these stupid makeshift plastic tents.

Also OP is wrong about his argument. Most koreans i've met in korea aren't materialistic at all, and while the men have a real "herbivore" vibe to them, i didn't see any that wore make up.

Lastly it's taboo to talk about things like money. Fucking OP get out of the basement, go to korea and learn for yourself.
>>
>>56468115
Everything is money for them. They are literally the Jews of Asia.
Gooks are the ones will do anything to fulfill their egos and satisfaction for MONEY.
Look at their business manners in the US and EU, Samsung in particular.
K pop business indeed, they promote tons of fake girls and boys, made and choreographed by foreign producers and dancers and claim its theirs.

Fuck off kimchigooks I fucking HATE them.
>>
>>56468632
>Also OP is wrong about his argument.

It's not an argument, but I can see why mocking your culture would trigger you, Lee Chae-min.

>Lastly it's taboo to talk about things like money

No it's not.
I went to E-Tae-Won for a night out and all the Koreans I hit the clubs with spent the entire night primping themselves in the bathrooms, lying to women about their occupations, and boasting about their salaries.
>>
>>56468947
>memes are real

I'm not korean, burgerflap. Your anecdotal evidence might be enough to trick some that don't know better, but clubbers don't represent the majority of koreans.
I'm marrying a traditional korean girl. If you'd like some hard facts about how adults behave and not kids trying to pick up, feel free to ask.
>>
>>56468115
You haven't seen the Chinese, yet.
>>
>>56468296
That does kind of seem like dumb luck.
>>
I thought grandmas were universally nice until I met Korean grandmas.
>>
File: SAM_1588.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1588.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1200
>>56468115
They love to brag about and show off how they are living lives like first worlders now because literally for the first time in history the Korean public is being allowed to enjoy and celebrate a worry-free level of material wealth, which always used to be kept within their decadent royals and high rank officials all through history of the race.

Maybe they are desperately trying to overcompensate their lack of respectable civilization, wealth and presence in the past millennium or today's global politics, by dressing everything up and making the initial impression of the country more appealing to the masses overseas with strategic marketing following the westernized values, sandwiched by the two biggest East Asian powers with a lot of valuable heritage and significant modern influence.
>>
>>56468115
nope. singaporean are
look up 5 Cs of singapore
>>
File: 1414581093150.jpg (44 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1414581093150.jpg
44 KB, 540x720
>>56469231
>I'm marrying a traditional korean girl.

>my anecdotes are better than your anecdotes

k-pop a shit, shib seki
>>
>>56468896
I love kimuchi fuck kimchi desu
>>
File: apocalypse.jpg (295 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.jpg
295 KB, 1600x900
Literally Subhuman. Just nuke the Korean peninsula already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFrd-ORDIk
>>
>>56468115
>spend centuries as a third world country, constantly ruled by one power or another
>all of a sudden get propped up by the US
>become a bizarro Asian version of America, complete with insane superficiality, video games, and a literally plastic pop music industry

They are also some of the most nationalistic people outside of Serbia
>>
I'm a software engineer and make good money. Where is my plastic korean house slave baby maker?
>>
>>56470483
Interpals.net
>>
>>56470439
>They are also some of the most nationalistic people outside of Serbia

I've noticed this too.
It's weird seeing how every Korean LOVES the LA Dodgers because Hyun-jin Ryu is a rotation pitcher there.
>>
>>56469231
If I had a nickel for every retarded leaf post I'd be a goriliionarie
>>
>>56470517
i'm a ltitle rustictic more hlep pls
>>
shibal gaeseki
>>
>>56469247
Not even close, everyone thinks Chinese are worse but there is only more of them so the perception is amplified. Koreans are the epitome of plastic, superficiality, gold diggers, and racist. Fuck them. They have a huge superiority complex because of kpop and their electronics too LOL
>>
Korean girls are very sweet from my experience, but clingy tho but that makes me reassured.
>>
Asians are just open about it.

Westerners represent 20% of the planet's population but consume 80% of its resources.
>>
>>56470956
>They have a huge superiority complex because of kpop and their electronics too LOL

share some experiences with koreans
>>
sure is weeb in here
>>
>>56468344
greeks are unemployed
they wish they had work to show up to

also everyone talks about the whole turk rape babies meme. The real meme is the ottoman empire ruled over greece for 400 years. not paying your taxes to the ottoman roach was just about the most patriotic thing a greek did in his every day life, takes a while to get that out of your genes
>>
>>56471050
>You must be the one who post crayon pop at weird /Brit/threads everyday.
>>
Korean culture = competitive

I don't know why but they are just very competitive about anything.
>>
File: 20160130_081020.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160130_081020.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>56471043

>go to korea
>chinese tourists everywhere
>they throw garbage all over the ground and it's fucking disgusting
>ask my friends about it
>they talk about how chinese tourists bring millions into the country so the law doesn't crack down
>koreans are all friendly and quickly learn the difference between them
>people tell me how attractive my blue eyes are all the time but all asian countries have a hard on for aryan looks because they're exotic

Koreans do love their kpop but they love the fake drama the girls cause and all the infighting that goes on even more.

Also most koreans i talked to about samsung/kia complained about how high the prices were. And they were right. The phones/tablets/cars are cheaper in Canada. They charge a premium in Korea trying to use the whole "if you love your country you'll buy our products" marketing strategy.
Meanwhile you can buy 5 dollar shoes that would cost 120+ here, and clothes/food are super cheap. Unfortunately it's incredibly hard to find sizes to fit since everyone is so small.

Koreans are pretty nationalistic overall, but i found every single country in Asia to be like that. Even shitholes like philippines. And they loved comparing their countries and bitching and talking down about their neighbours like the japs in this thread are doing.
>>
>>56471126
>why are you greentexting ?
>>
>>56472093
Koreans we have here are generally nice people. They're pretty quiet, they're not really into making a scene, and generally keep to themselves. The Japanese are much the same. The vast majority of Asian immigrants just want to be left alone to do their business. In fact, I think most people just want to be left alone with their business.

>inb4 the koreaboo / weeb patrol starts shitting up the place, ranting about "the facts about japs/gooks"
>>
>>56471126
>not having a hard on for Japan means I like kpop
ebin
>>
They're all pretty materialistic compared to the west
>>
>>56468115
IU<3
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.