[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why learn Japanese if its harder?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 1443461337282.jpg (24 KB, 702x720) Image search: [Google]
1443461337282.jpg
24 KB, 702x720
Why do people bother with Japanese when Mandarin is.

1# FAR easier to learn
2# Will get you a job, Japanese won't.
3# Spoken more people / more countries, in better countries

I like Japan and anime but to visit I don't need Japanese or to watch this stuff. The Japanese don't want me in their country for more a few weeks (they are VERY racist secretly) so why would i learn it?
>>
>>56439741
Because anime and videogames desu
>>
>1# FAR easier to learn
really?
i thought japanese was easy for english speakers because its pronunciation is very simple compared to english (and mandarin)
>>
File: 1458126207713.gif (3 MB, 366x325) Image search: [Google]
1458126207713.gif
3 MB, 366x325
>>
File: 1457473557780.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457473557780.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>56439741
because anime?
>>
>>56439772
K>>56439894
I>>56439894
L>>56439924
L>>56439933
Your self
>>
I assure that business in China could be more successful than that in Japan you'd try.
>>
>>56439741
Anna May. Also it sounds a lot nicer.
>>
>>56439741
learning english is friggin hard as fuck desu 2bh
when i decided to start learning english, i actually never thought that i was going to get this mess and had to dive and look into a huge sea of expressions and words.
>>
>>56439894
No Chinese is objectively easier in almost every measure than Japanese.

>>56439772
Why fuel your delusion everything is subbed/dubbed over
>>
File: 2000px-龜-bigseal.svg.png (86 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2000px-龜-bigseal.svg.png
86 KB, 2000x2000
>>56442134
I studied Chinese for years and lived in China. I can't speak for the difference with Japanese, but the problem I always had with Chinese is that it is idiomatic in nature, not to mention homophonic. Maybe this is true of all languages, but I always thought reading was waaaaay easier that speaking Mandarin
>>
>>56440412
Some people argue English is the hardest to learn. We have a lot bizarre rules, our written language isn't always phonetic, and because it has heavy influences from multiple other languages, primarily German and French, there are many inconsistencies. On the other hand it's probably the most useful in terms of international communication. Some people argue Mandarin is equally important, but as a person that at one time was fluent in mandarin, I don't buy it. there isn't an international system set up to learn mandarin they way there is for English and the Anglo-sphere is much more economically successful, at least for now.
>>
>>56439741
>mandarin easier than jap
lamo
>>
>>56442495
And why isn't it, all measuring standards and experience from learners is in disagreement with you.
>>
File: 1345659922747.png (130 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1345659922747.png
130 KB, 396x381
>>56442382
>Some people argue English is the hardest to learn.
Said no one ever.
Is this what you guys tell yourself to feel better about your language? I learned English by doing nothing else but playing videogames and watching movies also later reading some books. I literally never had an English textbook in my hands. Ever.
That is how "hard" your language is.

ps: My first language isn't even indo-european, but some shitty Finno-Ugric meme-speak
>>
>>56443089
so what makes you consider japanese hard?
japanese is phonetically easy to understand, even though word order is SOV.
kanji might be a hurdle, but so is chinese.
>>
>>56442382
i think its not so hard to grasp the rules themselves as logic and dont think any of them is bizarre. logical parts of english have never bothered me because im not bad at figuring out/analyzing structures of an unknown thing. and i like the work.
the problem to me is just the amount. there are literally a vast number of the words and the expressions and the rules you have to memorize. its just really fucking time consuming. cant have so much time to spend for it.
>>
seriously, leaning Japanese sounds technically calling death or literally making your life more small. I heard of fucking no job out there unless it's the case over America, Germany, New Zealand or Australia. gaijins should have no time to play around, much less visit 4chan.
>>
>>56439741
Hentai games obviously. I always saw people who translate jap games into english like heroes. God bless them.
>>
>>56444112
yes only a few places will work in Japan and working in japan is hell why would anyone want to live there especially as a foreigner is beyond me.
>>
>>56439741
Japanese grammar is quite clear.
>>
>>56443358
IN chinese they only have one meaning and Chinese has no hard grammar
>>
>>56439741
Japanese is so much easier to learn than Mandarin. It's practically European by comparison.
>>
唔該OP咪係冇腦
>>
>>56439741
Because Muh Animu
>>
>>56443345
Your experience doesn't really matter.

If mandarin was the international language, you would be saying the same thing.
>>
>not subhuman language
>tones
pick one desu
>>
also mandarin is like the second ugliest language after dutch why would you want to learn that japanese sounds cute :3
>>
>learning a language because of ease
>it's a "monolingual retard talking about learning languages" thread again

Oh piss off, can we agree that unless you can prove to speak a minimum of two, preferably three languages you should not be allowed to post your opinion on this subject?
>>
>they are VERY racist secretly
We aren't
If you said this just because of 'white pig go home' meme, you are not informed enough about Japan
>>
>>56445633
objectively it isn;t

>>56446638
China and other countries are more welcoming to foreigners. The Japanese all harbour a hidden resentment
>>
>>56449776
just curious why you would so easily believe in those weeaboo/anti weeaboo myths and all of what tabloid media on the internet and shitholes like 4chan, anime forums and reddit are saying.
>>
>>56446512
Yes.
>>
>>56450266
If they are myths then why are they so widespread.

Japan actively looks for ways to make sure non-Japanese struggle in their country.

There is not a city in Japan in which a foreigner can just walk into a restaurant and guaranteed to be welcomed (this is not the case in say Europe). A good portion will make excuses to turn away no Japanese (even if they speak Japanese).
>>
>>56439741
Why people bother learning all different languages then Hebrew is:

1 - The EASIEST language to learn. Reconstructed in 1948 to allow millions of people of different background to learn and integrate in a few WEEKS.
2 - Will get you a job, a beautiful wife, fast car and a pure soul.
3 - Spoken by the elite in every single country and planet. Not including Pluto.
>>
>>56454342
I don't learn it because I don't like talking to Jews
>>
>>56454342
interdasting!
>>
>>56439741
>1# FAR easier to learn
Japanese isn't that hard. The language itself is very different from English, which makes it difficult to get your head around. But there are so many resources available for learning Japanese, which makes it a lot easier.
The only languages which are really hard are the ones with comparatively little native media and no resources aimed at language learners.

>2# Will get you a job, Japanese won't.
This really depends on your particular circumstances. For most people, speaking either language is unlikely to get them a job. For other people, Japanese will be more useful. You have to look at what skills you have, which countries are significant in your industry, etc.
But anyway, getting a job isn't the only reason for learning a language. It's probably a very uncommon language among people who use this site.

>3# Spoken more people / more countries, in better countries
Number of speakers is not a useful metric. You have to consider which people you actually want to talk to. There are hundreds of millions of Chinese peasants who speak Mandarin, so what?
Also, think about whether the people you're talking to speak English. If so, then you don't need to learn their language in order to communicate with them anyway. The Japanese, of course, have notoriously bad English. The only way to understand what they're trying to say, in either language, is to learn moonspeak.
>>
>>56439741
No way i can pronounce Tonal speak. When i hear Chinese speak i can hardly make out the sounds. You can actually pronounce Japanese with no trouble.
Also, regional dialects are really weird.
I wouldn't study Chinese desu, it's become a meme, because it won't be that useful unless you actively plan to work with the Chinese, and so many people are learning it.

Japanese on the other hand isn't that useful either, and it's learned mostly by weebs.

Would like to learn one east Asian language. One day. Maybe Korean would be actually useful.
>>
>le Mandarin has the most speakers in the world meme
Sure, learn Mandarin if you want to be able to communicate with a gorillion and one poor shit rice farmers.
>le Mandarin is easy to learn meme
No one is this retarded, right? Mandarin is completely tonal you ass hat
>>
>>56455404
Korean is like Japanese but less useful in every metric.

>>56456020
The U.S government disagrees
>>
>>56454342
oy vey
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.