[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any country better at food than Italy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
I mean goddamn. Pizza is even becoming an UNESCO patrimony of the earth. Can any cooking even come close to italian cooking?
>>
>>56437702
>Pizza
>Italian

top kek
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_pizza
>>
File: enhanced-buzz-6221-1398997393-8.jpg (103 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-buzz-6221-1398997393-8.jpg
103 KB, 625x416
Checkmate
>>
It's bretty good but can't get micheline stars by just boiling spaghetti, so gotta go french cuisine.'

Italian is more casual tho.
>>
>>56437702
>claiming to be the inventor of pasta

your stuff is alright, but it delves away from the mediterranean elite and more towards the inbred neolithic standards of mainland europe.
>>
>>56437702
Non ti fare i pompini da solo, anche se รจ vero

Sembri un americano
>>
> pizza
Overrated as fuck shitty piece of junk food.
> coffee
Espresso was a great invention but why the fuck itallian roast tastes like an incinerated dog turd? (no I didn't actually taste any)
> tomatoes
The only good thing I guess.
>>
File: tiramisu.jpg (514 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
tiramisu.jpg
514 KB, 800x531
>contrarian redditors flocking in with the usual memes: "duurr french cousine is better", "piza not italian"

meanwhile
-NOBODY can come up with a legit french dish he habitually eats and love
-french restaurants outside of france are nowhere to be seen
-pizza was eaten in italy since roman times
-faggots went to "olive garden" once and think they know about italian cousine
-niggers think italian cousine is just pizza and pasta

>>56437909
>michelin stars
do you realize that these french fucks are forever butthurt about italy and assign the vast majority of stars to themselves? they think their shitty snobby pompous garbage is the only real food and the rest is peasant shit
>>
File: DSC_0573.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0573.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>56437702
Yes, Argentinian.
>>
File: 1452306573872.jpg (16 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
1452306573872.jpg
16 KB, 480x451
>>56439097
>tomatoes
>italians
>>
>>56439413
The only good thing and it isn't even italian. No surprise.
>>
>>56439682
Be nice.
>>
>>56439722
The time for niceties is over. The gloves are off.
>>
>>56439165
>french restaurants outside of france are nowhere to be seen
They're called restaurants.

Honestly la you're fighting a loosing battle here. French cousine just dominates the food landscape of the west in terms of technique and terminology at the very least within the hospitality industry.

Italian food is standard mediteranian fair, not to say it's bad, most food around the med is brilliant. I prefer Spanish food tbhfam
>>
>doesn't have bread sandwiches
L M A O
>>
>>56437702
>Can any cooking even come close to italian cooking?

Texmex food is pretty good, but in a different way.
>>
Spaghetti is overrated desu. I only eat them when I'm too lazy to cook complicated shit as a quick snack.
>>
>>56437702
desu there have been so many contrarians it's become the norm to dislike italian cuisine nowadays
>>
>>56439165
>pizza was eaten in italy since roman times
Flat bread was eaten since Roman times. Not pizza. I think tomato sauce is pretty essential for pizza. And tomatoes came to Europe after the discovery of the Americas.
>>
>>56438026
Why would people who eat with sticks invent spaghetti?

I'd say in my food rankings, either Italian or Turkish food is my personal favourite. Tbeh I haven't had enough French food to say much what it's like, so couldn't give and opinion on it. Seems like it's better for nice fancy meals than the day-to-day.
>>
>>56440200

I still like your stuff. Too bad people always reduce it to noodles and pizza. You have a lot of great smaller stuff, like arancini, fiocchi di never or pasta di mandorla (I always use the later term) Cantuccini, Canoli, a lot of fish (grilled pesce spada) and stuff like that.
>>
>>56437702
Italian cuisine certainly is one of my favorites. But there is fantastic food pretty much everywhere. Even Polish, Dutch and German cuisine have some amazing dishes. As do certain African countries. The large Asian countries have cooking that definitely rivales that of Italy. Which you prefer largely comes down to personal taste.
I absolutely agree that Italian is better than French, though.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.