[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: vr.png (230 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
vr.png
230 KB, 620x372
>Sony announces mass-market Virtual Reality system for October
>self-driving cars almost here
>Massive leap in artifical intelligence by Deepmind

Is the future we dreamed about as kids just around the corner, lads? It's been pretty disappointing up yo now desu.
>>
Nah
1. video game glasses is old news from the 80s
2. eh
3. mass leap in computational algorithm but nothing to ai
>>
>>56418801
he looks like a demon's souls dregling.
>>
this is just small beginnings, we're all gonna die before its really good shit, we're just a buffer generation
>>
>>56418941
Basically this.

Self-driving cars sounds super dangerous though, we all know that AI can't handle unpredictable situations.
>>
>>56419007
there are ~30k motor deaths per year in the us
people can't drive either
>>
File: AlBundy.jpg (21 KB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
AlBundy.jpg
21 KB, 237x300
>>56419007
>we all know that AI can't handle unpredictable situations.

We sure do. Oh, that Al.
>>
>>56418978

The small beginnings were in the 90's senpai
>>
>>56418801
>>Sony announces mass-market Virtual Reality system for October
Remember 3D TVs exist but no one give a shit, it's good to try it once but nothing more.

>>self-driving cars almost here
Yup, I can see them becoming the norm soon. Tesla is close to not bad for now.

>>Massive leap in artifical intelligence by Deepmind
Other than using that for data mining I don't see any good use for it, so it's just more accurate ads to see on FB, and more "you may like this" recommendations...
>>
Not if the Earth is consumed by nuclear fallout
>>
>self-driving cars
>a good thing
Spotted the cuckold
>>
If mass unemployment due to automation with no alternative plan for those made redundant is the exciting future we dreamed of, then yep it's just around the corner.
>>
>>56419112
good post
>>
>>56419238
This pretty much. I expect VR to be a trend like 3D
>>
>>56419007
It handles them waaaaay better than humans.
>>
>>56419238
>Other than using that for data mining I don't see any good use for it, so it's just more accurate ads to see on FB, and more "you may like this" recommendations...

No, this can be applied to any complex problem, not just a game of Go. It teaches itself how to get better and better, it doesn't just brute force solutions. It's a genuine breakthrough.
>>
>>56419409
hmm, lets see it
the article
>>
>falling for the AI meme
heh
also I fail to see the greatness in self driving cars - it's cool I guess, but it doesn't revolutionize the world for me. But we'll see in a few years.
VR is also kinda cool, but doesn't blow me away either.
>>
>>56419409
Good bots for GO are quite difficult to make from what i've heard tho
>>
White will put themselves into a digital age and leave the material world for the shitskins.

We truly are gods people as we have almost reached enlightenment.

May we all pass into the stars.
>>
File: block mania.jpg (157 KB, 600x775) Image search: [Google]
block mania.jpg
157 KB, 600x775
>>56419299
Mass unemployment due to automation...

BLOCK WAAAARRR!!!
>>
>UK
>Future
The future for Europe is war and it won't be virtual.

We might have self driving tanks though.
>>
>>56418801
>Is the future we dreamed about as kids
FUCKING YES ;^)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14f3cr_oculus-rift-very-official-spot-tv_fun
>>
>>56419445
On the Guardian site today.
>>
>>56419467
How about sleeping on your way to work? Reduced insurance premiums? Better gas mileage?
>>
>>56419467
>it doesn't revolutionize the world for me.

It's not such a big deal for people who drive themselves.

However, there are lots of young and old people who would have drastically increased mobility and independence with 100% self-driving cars.

This will also be true for drunk people. Today, nighttime economies in the west are centred arond city centres, where access to public transport or taxis is easy. That would change drastically with self driving cars, and bars, restaurants and nightclubs would to a greater degree cluster outside of cities in the same kind of places you find strip malls and wal-mart type stores

These are just two tiny examples. Mobility is what decides how our cities look. Changing mobility is a huuge deal.
>>
>>56419899
just read the article, nothing says that alphago got better the more it played
>>
>>56419960
As long as they stay out of my fucking lane, I don't mind self driving cars.
>>
File: C3gC08u.png (33 KB, 899x547) Image search: [Google]
C3gC08u.png
33 KB, 899x547
>>56419007
>we all know that AI can't handle unpredictable situations.
>>
File: 1425532785443.jpg (115 KB, 507x461) Image search: [Google]
1425532785443.jpg
115 KB, 507x461
>>56418801
>implying we'll ever get true virtual reality as long as we know literally nothing about the human brain and mind
It's called AUGMENTED REALITY you fucking niggers.

>>56419007
that would imply unpredictable situations would happen
doubt they'd happen that often if every car was self-driving and interconnected with each other and the road and traffic system
>>
File: cyberpunk.jpg (411 KB, 1280x1256) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.jpg
411 KB, 1280x1256
>>
File: hermione yule ball.jpg (111 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
hermione yule ball.jpg
111 KB, 600x539
But when will we get our Emma Watson sex androids?
>>
Well, the singularity (AI exceeding human intelligence) will happen at the latest 40 years from now, at which point the human race will go extinct or we all live forever and get to do whatever we want. I'm pretty excited 2bh.
>>
I AM READY FOR THE NEXT STEP IN HUMAN EVOLUTION
>>
>>56420752
I'm 48 (yeah, I know) so it's a race against time for me. I'm taking care of myself.
>>
Self driving cars would truly be a godsend. I hate driving and I hate that when I'm driving everyone around new is also driving. People suck at driving, a computer can't be any worse.

Also, it would make road trips absolutely amazing. My wife can't drive so whenever we do road trips I end up driving 8+ hours, whereas with a self driving car we could bang in the back seat.
>>
>>56418801
the next wars will be fought by bots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
>>
let me know when there is technology to turn 2D waifus into 3D
>>
>>56425425

They're bullying that poor robot hardcore.

I can't help but feel for it.
>>
>>56425425
i can feel the anger and frustration building up in that robot
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.