[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Russian Language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1394312031_2025826649[1].png (122 KB, 1600x794) Image search: [Google]
1394312031_2025826649[1].png
122 KB, 1600x794
Tell me, how hard to learn and understand Russian and Slavic languages for western people?
>>
>>56417373
was ez for me, but never learned many words because i never needed it for anything
>>
>>56417373
The alphabet is hard to get used to
>>
>>56417373
slovene friend showed me this to illustrate how hard slovenian (and i would guess also the rest of slavic languages) is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUkkW7cauPE
>>
>>56417373
I understand every 3rd or 4th word, some are similar to our language, but in different accent. Then i yell really loud and slow on my language, wave my hands and tell the russian mom where she should go to buy her son a football, because she was looking in the supermarket and there werent any.
Then i also managed to tell her that the chinese shop is very nearby and city center where sportshops are is far away, that she has to cross the bridge and turn prav, DESNO!!! DE SNO!!! DESNO!! PRAV!!! DESNO!!! FORTECA TAM!! PREKO MOST!!! PRIMAJEШ!!? ХOPO ШO!! ЗДPABCTBУJ TE!!!
>>
>>56417580
>western
>people
>>
>>56418186
For one as limited as an American, perhaps
>>
>>56421973
there was this cute bosnian chick i worked with back in the day at best buy, she was cleaning her department and dindt know where the broom was.

she was like "where is the, um, um, metla" and i'm like "its right there"
a minute later she asks how I knew what she siad, and I told here Im from the ukraine, and we got along fine just after.
dated a bit, but didnt work out
>>
>>56422034
well fuck you too pal
guess i'll never learn your shit language
>>
>>56422085
What is in ukrainian or russian for 'i dont give a fuck'
Here its Boli me kurac
Meaning my dick hurts, it originated when my ear hurts (as in, my ear hurts, im not listening, fuck off) but saying dick is funny instead of saying ear.
>>
>>56417373
Чтo имeeтe в видy кaк пoнимaть?изyчaeм или зaeбaeмcя
>>
>>56417373
Harder than Spanish, French, Italian, but easier than Japanese, Chinese, Arabic is what I'd say
>>56421973
lel. you did good bro
>>
>>56422210
мнe пoхyй

>>56422244
зaёбывaeмcя
>>
>>56418186
The alphabet is the easiest part of learning Russian. Language itself is pretty difficult.
>>
>>56417373
>Tell me, how hard to learn and understand Russian and Slavic languages for western people?

Extremely. It's like you have no vowels, and you can't open your mouths properly to form words. Thus I find almost all slavic languages repulsive. If I had to learn one it'd probably be Russian, because at least that one is somewhat melodic, though I wouldn't go as far as to call it pleasant.
English with Russian accent is God tier though.
>>
>>56423627
This. Fucking aspect pairs, conjugation irregularities, case government, verbs of motion, prefixation etc. etc. Definitely a good challenge for a westerner.
>>
>>56421973
10/10 would balija again
>>
Moderately difficult. Like some others said it will only take a few hours to learn cyrillic, but a lot of the grammar isn't similar to western languages. It's not as difficult as shit like polish or chinese though
>>
>>56425059
At least chinese grammar is pretty straightforward. But you're right, thousands of symbols, alien vocabulary and a tonal aspect makes it incredibly hard to learn and master
>>
for english speakers id put it in tier 3

tier 1:
germanic and latin languages

tier 2:
gap

tier 3:
slavic languages

tier 4:
meme stuff like finnish/hungarian, some asian languages

tier 5:
chinese japanese korean arabic

my gf is serbian and the language is really fucking hard and regarding pronunciation i cannot and will never be able to say a couple of the letters
>>
>>56417373
I was born in the United States, and I learned Russian in 2 years while living in Ukraine. It wasn't hard, but understanding cases, gender and the like were pretty difficult.
>>
The moving stress is the worst.
>>
>>56425372
тaк ты хoхoл или мypикaнeц?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.