[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Vietnamese names so weird? Like what the fuck happened there?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Why are Vietnamese names so weird? Like what the fuck happened there?
>>
I dont know Pham
>>
File: a.jpg (30 KB, 812x302) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
30 KB, 812x302
>>56385241
t. inside out Thailand
>>
>>56385241
The Nguyen dynasty ruled Vietnam a few centuries back, and they were so popular that people started changed their names to Nguyen so they could claim descent from the royal family. That's why that name is so popular there. As for the rest, well, Vietnamese is just a weird ass language.
>>
>>56385308
That's one Đặngk meme you got there
>>
>>56385312

Nicas del sur
>>
>>56385241
>tfw ho khac is 50 bucks here
>>
>>56385426
You fuck Trầnnies?
>>
I knew of a Long Duc and Mi Ho. Both Vietnamese.

Not sure about Long, but Mi got her name changed.
>>
>>56385241
The 3 most popular surnames have their own dynasties.
>>
Holy fuck more than a third of the population is named nguyen, how?
>>
>>56389351
King Nyguen and the hunt for anyone not named ngyuen had alot of people change over.
>>
>>56385241
>Costa Rica

No. No you're Thailand.
>>
>>56385241
I'm always horrified by that abomination of an alphabet. All these apostrophes and strokes everywhere make it look like a mild Zalgo.
>>
>>56389769
Viets used to write those chinese words

I guess you can blame the french for introducing them latin alphabets
>>
Korean names are much more weird
>>
When will everyone just adopt anglo names? I'm sick of trying to pronounce gobbledygook.
>>
>>56389879
As soon as you get rid of your tripcode, faggot
>>
While we're here
>Choosing a common name from the language of the country you're in to go by
Why do chinks do this? Why pretend to be another "John" out of the hundred each Anglo already knows, instead of a Trinh that will be memorable and interesting? Everyone knows your real name isn't John if you can barely speak English.
>>
>>56389853
Do you have a chart like in the op only with Korean names?
>>
>>56385452
Depends on the dông
>>
French colonialism
>>
>>56385241
Weird romanization happened, Phạm.
>>
>>56392001
In Vietnam, it's very funny to call the others by surname, we use given name for everyone desu
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.