[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't the Japanese adopt an easier writing system like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: image_31.jpg (70 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image_31.jpg
70 KB, 640x640
Why don't the Japanese adopt an easier writing system like hangul? Are they too stupid to simplify things for themselves or what?
>>
because kanji is easy as long as you have an adequate mental capacity. this is evident from the fact that hangul was made for dumb untermensch who can't into kanji while gook elites stuck with it.
>>
>>56352104
They like having to spend years learning to read and write I guess. There was a movement over a hundred years ago to switch to Romaji or Kana IIRC, but it failed.
>>
This would be a valid issue if japan had significantly lower literacy rate than other 1st world countries. But since it doesnt i dont see how their current writing system is faulty in any way.
>>
>>56352651
agreed
>>
the japanese writing system and actual language are deeply interconnected

there are so many words that are literally the same except for the kanji writing that I don' think you can abolish them without having to change the overall language
furthermore, if you abolish kanji you loose a lot of the reading flow, you could use spaces but it would still be a mess for japanese because sometimes it takes fucking ages to say something
>>
what will you buy if you are told as below
さけをかってきて
>>
>>56352104
In phonograms (like alphabet, hangul, hiragana and katakana), there are same words with the different meanings.
By using kanji (Chinese characters), we can avoid misreading.
>>
E.g
All the words below are hashi.
kanji (meaning)
橋 (bridge), 箸(chopsticks), 端 (edge) etc.
>>
>>56353970
How do you get to type them with a normal keyboard? I mean, 26 keys can't cover an alphabet with so many letters.

>>56352651
Do you, Japs, always try to find a way to mock the Koreans?

>>56353027
Your alphabet seems even harder to me, maybe because it's written vertical.
>>
>>56354162
Afaik they write normal letters and pc translates it. Ku -> く.
>>56352104
Why dont you adapt to metric system?
>>
>>56354292
Our government tried to push people to switch in the 70s iirc and we still use metric in some government agencies. Ultimately we haven't switched because outside of professional settings, people are lazy.
>>
>>56354384
Thats the same reason japs dont want to change i guess. That and their super traditional society
>>
>>56354788
Japs also have a strong feeling of hate against Koreans and other way round. Maybe it's the utmost inter-nation hatred I've ever encountered. Imagine how we and Slovaks hate Hungarians and multiply it by ten.
>>
>>56352104
I remember reading that the government wanted to adopt Romaji as standard because they claimed that Kanji was making them illiterate but the movement died off after they did well on their literacy test or some shit like that
>>
>>56353833
tons of words in English will have multiple meanings

context is key
>>
>>56355137
Yeah i know, Hiro did Ama yesterday and ofc he took the chance to spit some banter
>>
>>56352104
why do you always think about Japan?
do you love us? It's really strange
>>
>>56355996
I love you babe, you're always on my mind
>>
Hiragana and Katakana seem easy to me imo
>>
>>56352651
barf hangul, as an italian would say
>>
>>56356460

Japanese sentences consist of only those two phonetic characters actually look completely retarded and even more difficult to read, to be honest.

That's why we sometimes laugh at Koreans, who are well known for taking enormous pride in their Hiragana/Katakana tier simple alphabet (Hangul) without knowing they decided to stop learning Chinese characters because they are too hard for them.
>>
>>56352104
Don't use it anyway
>>
>>56352104
ayyyyyyyyyyy
It is disgusting that pic is on catalog
>>
>>56352104
we have own alphabet fuck off
>>
>>56357062
Leave that twit alone.
>>
>>56352104
Nonsense.
>>
>>56357008
>stop learning Chinese characters because they are too hard for them.
Logographic writing systems are actually more primitive than alphabets.
>>
why aren't chinese using pinyin? Should be able to tell the tones apart.
>>
>>56355996
To be honest, Japanese right wingers do nothing but think about Korea and China.
>>
>>56355996
I love you hun
>>
>>56357241
tweet*
chip-chip, sweetheart :)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.