[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Haitians A Latino PEople?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (84 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84 KB, 600x400
I think it is an interesting question if we really break down the main cultural factors of Haitian people.

On one side of the ethic-coin they speak a Latino language, which is very significant as far as categorizing people goes. However, on the racial side of the coin they do not seem to fall within the Latino spectrum. Instead, they mostly exhibit a black skin color as opposed to the standard olive-to-borwn skin tone found in traditional Latino people(s) such as Latin Americans, Spanish, Frenchs, and Italian populations.

So in conclusion I ask you again, are Haitians a Latino people?
>>
THEY ARE ARGENTININIAN AJAHHAHAHAHHA AMIRITE GUYS?
>>
File: Crowe_yeah_NO.jpg (13 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
Crowe_yeah_NO.jpg
13 KB, 294x294
>>56346820
>Are Haitians A Latino PEople?
nope
just black people
not even dominicans are latinos
fuck, not even colombia venezuela and ecuador are latinos, too much black blood there tbqh
>>
>>56346841
Yes
>>
Pretty sure they speak French which isnt a Latino language
>>
>>56346820
>olive-to-borwn skin tone found in traditional Latino people(s) such as Latin Americans, Spa

>Europeans latins
>In any ways similar to south Americans

>American """""""""education"""""""""

Also French is a latin language, not a "latino" language and Haiti speaks french
>>
>>56346917
>They speak french
Barely
>>
Nah we don't even care about them the only countries with black population that we consider Hispanic are Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Dominic Republic, Ecuador and all of Central America.
>>
>>56346917
French has always been a black language, we all know this
>>
>>56346917

Albeit the black sheep of the Roman Latino language tree, french is in fact categorized as a Latino language in linguistics.
>>
>>56346917
>Australian education
>>
>>56346847
Mexicans have Black admixture, fucking nigger.
>>
File: 9392j.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
9392j.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
>>56347226
We don't man just because we're brown it doesn't mean we're black.
>>
>>56347264
https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/reference-populations/
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?179058-Mexican-23andme-results-and-analysis
Boy if you don't
>>
>>56347324
>23 and me
kek
>>
>>56347329
Typical when a Mexican is in denial of Black ancestry
>>
>>56346973

Mexico has plenty of black people too, way more than Central America if you don't count the eastern coasts and places like Belize
>>
>>56347391
Those links you gave me are literally muh heritage forums.
>>
>>56347494
That doesn't make it less valid, they're the random results of Mexicans and almost all of them have SSA admixture.
>>
>>56347567

I think if anything this proves that Spaniards had SSA admixture and passed it on to the ancestors of modern Mexicans.

That being said, stay on topic please guys. This is about Haitians being classified as Latino or not. Not about Mexicans and the Afro-DNA they inherited from Spaniards.
>>
They're French-Caribbeans, like Guadaloupeans.
>>
>>56346841
Shut the fuck up!!!
>>56346820
They are no matter the skin color and race being Latino doesn't have anything to do with race. As long as you have a "Latin" culture and speak a language of Latin decent you are Latino this includes québéc they are Latin as well.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.