[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Message to any anons studying a language: Stop browsing and shitposting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: all foreigners are americans.jpg (33 KB, 643x372) Image search: [Google]
all foreigners are americans.jpg
33 KB, 643x372
Message to any anons studying a language: Stop browsing and shitposting RIGHT NOW and go do some flash cards, reading, or listening in your traget language. Alternatively write something in that language and post it here or you will never become fluent like you said you would.

This thread is also a good place to tell me how many languages you speak, which ones you are learning/want to learn, and why.
>>
I never learned a foreign language in my life, but it seems I am catching on to memes
>>
Jokes on you, I'm studying english so reading 4chan basically is learning to me.
>>
>>56346639
This, I am essentially learning by lurking.
>>
File: 1429547046832.jpg (743 KB, 1126x1091) Image search: [Google]
1429547046832.jpg
743 KB, 1126x1091
>>56346639
>>56346691
>that feel when English will never be your second language
>>
Jeg snakker engelsk og fransk.
I'm learning Korean, and I just started Norwegian today, but I'm focusing more on the former since it takes much more effort.
>>
>>56346717
>tfw speaking to mama and papa in native language
>>
>>56346639
>>56346691

Well, that's good then. Any questions you have about English? I will help you, although you both seem to be doing well. Good work lads
>>
but shitposting is fun
>>
File: 1453525136937.jpg (116 KB, 600x507) Image search: [Google]
1453525136937.jpg
116 KB, 600x507
>>56346959
>I'm learning Korean

저도요!
>>
>>56346466
>write something in that language and post it here or you will never become fluent
Хopoшo. Я yчycь pyccкий язык.

>>56346717
Iktf even though English is my second language.
>>
File: 1455546595076.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
1455546595076.png
33 KB, 255x216
>>56346466
Cén chaoi 'Bhfuil tú?
>t. An Danmhargach atá Gaeilge aige

>>56346639
>tfw you're slowly expanding your vocabulary
>>
I'm looking forward to learn Chinese but the media isn't really helping.
>>
>>56347295
>я yчy pyccкий язык
>>
>>56346466
>/int/ is for learning languages
top kek, this fucking board is a useless branch of /b/
>>
>>56347526
Do you mean TV shows and such? Is it all shit?

I have that problem with Spanish t.b.h., no offense m8
>>
learning nederlands and français, want to start bokmal, to fully appreciate norge-danmark memes

came to /int/ expecting it to have language learning generals and other cool stuff like that, useful discussion, resources etc. Words cannot express the feelings felt when reality hit. Is /a/ the only language learning board with their JLP generals and high quality discussion?
>>
>>56347719
/int/ used to be a bit better than this but yeah...If you want there to be a language thread you gotta make it yourself. Usually people will temporarily stop shitposting for a language thread.
>>
>>56347582
Cпacибo. As you can see my level is pretty basic. All the cases and conjunctions are quite confusing imo.
>>
>>56347719
Idk m8, the anons in the russian general have been extremely helpful whenever I needed any help.
>>
>>56347719
/djt/ is pretty much the only recurring thread with an actual focus on language learning. The Japanese general we have here on /int/ is just /djt/ with flags and more shitposting. You could probably just post questions about the languages you're learning in the appropriate generals and expect some good responses though.
>>
>>56347582
я тoжe изючaю pyccкий язык, нo мнe нaдo кoгo-тo, кoтopyю бyдeт нeкoтopыe paз в нeдeлe гoвopить co мнoй пo pyccки. y мeня pyccкaя дeвyшкa, Ho я бoюcь paccкaзывaть c нeй пo pyccки. пoжaлyйcтa, cтaть мoим дpyгoм, ивaн ивaнoвич(((((((((((((((((((((((((
>>
>>56348098
>ивaн ивaнoвич
Isn't this like the Russian John Doe?
Also any tips on how to learn Russian as a secondary language? I'm having difficulty with all the cases.
>>
>>56348098
> y мeня pyccкaя дeвyшкa
fuck off normie reee
>>
>>56348348
Are you hvaing trouble understanding the concept behind cases or just with memorizing them all?
>>
>>56348348
it's just a typical russian name.
tips: lube your asshole real good
dative and accusative are the worst, sometimes genitive, the others are ezpz and you will get a feel for the language after a while. whenever you can, watch russian films, read russian newspapers, and

get a russian gf

>>56348370
xD
>>
File: such_is_life.jpg (173 KB, 1167x1248) Image search: [Google]
such_is_life.jpg
173 KB, 1167x1248
>>56346717
>tfw English is your second language
>tfw you don't know your native language
>>
>>56348524
You done goofed
>>
It's there a French 4chan anywhere? Feels like it would be a good place to get practice
>>
File: IMG.jpg (2 MB, 1549x2403) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
2 MB, 1549x2403
>>56348393
Well there isn't much to memorize. It's mostly changing the last word to A, Я, Ы, И, У etc. I sometimes get confused when to use a specific case.

>>56348441
>dative and accusative are the worst, sometimes genitive
I sometimes get confused when using dative, accusative and prepositional.

>watch russian films
Yeah I do that whenever I get time.

>read russian newspapers
Reading Russian gets a bit tedious after a while. You have to pick up the dictionary after every sentence. My friend from Russia brought me pic related and I've had a hard time reading it.

>get a russian gf
White girls are not my thing desu (inb4 >Russians >white). Besides I'm already seeing this desi gf.
>>
>>56348777
>desi gf
desi grill
>>
Hallo wo sind die Muslime :DDDD

Rate my german
>>
>>56348777
don't start with bulgakov or dostoevsky
read childrens stories and shit books like harry potter
>>
>>56348777
i read that book and i liked it
>>
>>56348867
>don't start with bulgakov or dostoevsky
Don't know why my friend brought this particular book. She knows my russian knowledge is pretty basic. Children's story books sound like a good idea. Will try to keep any out for them.

>>56348984
I've read about it. Sounds like one of the must reads of Russian literature.
Btw, do you guys have public holiday for мacлeницa?
>>
Bonjour tout le monde, j'apprends le français. Je suis très heureux d'êttre ici avec vous, mes amis. Mais je suis un peu triste aussi car je n'ai pas de copine.
>>
Fuck you, French apparently isn't difficult at all but somehow I still struggle.

I just want to know a second language so I don't feel dumb ;_;
>>
>>56349659
Ne te rend pas!
>>
File: Meh.png (28 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
Meh.png
28 KB, 300x196
>>56346639
>browsing /v/ years ago
>think to myself "I am wasting my time, I should be doing productive things instead of diccussing video games"
>"no wait, I'm learning English lmao"
>Now I can say I mastered English and have a skill most Spaniards in my area lack, I also teach my friends something that has made me popular.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.