[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tell Germans how I've been studying the language, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: bZIRUAd.png (107 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
bZIRUAd.png
107 KB, 1280x800
I tell Germans how I've been studying the language, and they seem sort of uninterested and only talk to me in English, even when I use German.

I tell Portuguese people I'm learning (European) Portuguese and they get excited as hell and are eager to help me with the language.

What gives? Is this a cultural thing, or is it more that every high school in the US teaches German so most Germans are sick of Americans trying to use broken German while most Portuguese are excited to see anyone taking interest in their country?
>>
Germans are self hating inbred half macedonians
>>
>>56334759
t. Montenegrin diaspora
>>
>>56334759
>>56334837
Can someone tl:dr this meme to me?

And,yes, we like people that try to learn our accent but it's pretty difficult desu...
>>
You pretty much answered your own question.
For germans someone trying to learn their language is something ordinary and common, so they rarely give a fuck.
With portuguese is exactly the opposite.
>>
>>56334927
For what it's worth, I have two native speakers who I know, one is pretty nit picky so she's steered me away from BR PT and my pronunciation has gotten 10x better from when I started.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vH6hSZ3JwV Definitely not BR but tenho que muito aprender.
>>
Its not a Macedonian thing either, Germans are just cucks
>>
>>56334640
>For germans someone trying to learn their language is something ordinary and common, so they rarely give a fuck.
This.
Except for when a girl does and is good at it, then it's interesting.
When a murcan neckbeard like yourself speaks German and poorly at that, you might as well be mute.
>>
>>56335107
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vH6hSZ3JwV
You're eating more vowels than a normal portuguese would do(and we are known for eating vowels compared to the brazilians)
>>
File: verdacht.png (80 KB, 377x561) Image search: [Google]
verdacht.png
80 KB, 377x561
>>56334640
The german people just like to be efficient.
If they notice that you struggle somewhat speaking the language, they'll switch to anything that does the job faster. In your case, english.

Just be straight forward and say that you want to practice your german.
No german will be upset by that. We like being direct and straight forward.

So... Sprechen sie deutsch?
>>
When some moronic foreigner, who had a bright idea to learn russian of all languages, tries to talk to me in their approximation of russian, I always answer in english as passive-aggressively as possible until they stop.
>>
>>56334640

They just want to practice their English m8.
>>
>>56334958
>implying
it is the opposite, they hate their language and like the japanese want to practice english with a foreigner meanwhile portuguese are excites to see a foreigner leaning their language and help them out
>>
>>56337015
>they hate their language
Stop projecting, anon.
>>
>>56337046
lol para de ser chupa pau de estrangeiro seu imbecil
>>
File: ohboy.jpg (10 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.jpg
10 KB, 228x221
>>56334640

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLTRZGBb_0k
>>
>>56334640
>What gives? Is this a cultural thing, or is it more that every high school in the US teaches German so most Germans are sick of Americans trying to use broken German while most Portuguese are excited to see anyone taking interest in their country?
I have never seen a highschool that teaches german
is that a fly over state thing because they are all filthy german diaspora?
>>
German is fairly hard and you just sound like a retard if you don't speak it properly, like honestly mentally impaired
>>
>>56337068
Stop projecting, anon.
>>
>>56337196
KKKKK VO PROJETA MEU PAU NO SEU CU HAUHAUDHEUAYWIW
>>
File: 1455096490971.png (19 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1455096490971.png
19 KB, 592x492
>>56337342
>>
>>56337087
10/10, ja não houvia isso à muito tempo
>>
File: senpai.jpg (8 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
senpai.jpg
8 KB, 284x177
>>56334640

anon, could you sing along this one pls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrWdSAJF9ys
>>
>>56336539
>autism
>>
>>56337127
I'm from the Chicago suburbs. Been trying for a LONG time to get out of here. Sooner or later I'll work my way to Seattle... I hope. I'm planning on going into science for a career so I might not have a ton of control over where I live.

>>56337175
So is European Portuguese :^)

>>56335327
Ich habe Deutsch in die Schule gelernt. Mein Grammatik ist gut doch meine Vokabeln ist schlimm. Im Sommer 2014 ich habe die Sprache jeder Tag benutzt, aber jetzt ich habe viele vergessen.

Even when I say "I want to practice German" they use English.

>>56337087
I see that and raise you this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcFAcjXZKWY

Plus you guys made this monstrosity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1AC_k9izjY

>>56337798
lolno. If I weren't a lazy fuck I'd get you me singing Seu Jorge's Starman.
>>
>>56337175
How hard could it really be?
>>
>>56337175
you mean like german speaking in english?
>>
File: waitingfornews.jpg (6 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
waitingfornews.jpg
6 KB, 280x180
>>56339738

>soulless gimmick music
>>
>>56340314
Like all BR music isn't
>>
>>56334640
They don't wan't to listen to you mess up the cases, pronunciation, and word order. It offends their sense of Ordnung.
>>
>>56340397
Like German native speakers don't mess up adjective endings.
>>
>>56340344

anon, behold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRmJJSmzHKs
>>
>>56340444
Actually I'm kind of curious about this. How often do Germans mess up their adjective endings in everyday speech and do they ever just substitute -e or nothing out of laziness?
>>
>>56337127
They taught it in my highschool in central MA
I regret not taking it over Spanish (which I didn't end up liking)
>>
>>56339738
Sehr gut Deutsch
>>
>>56341294
I went to school in the greater boston area and no schools near me ever taught any language besides spanish, french, and latin

which school did you go too?
even though MA is a small state I almost never go to central or west MA because its basically just woods and the new england version of rednecks
>>
>>56341630
In Illinois only catholic schools teach latin. What the hell kind of high school was that?
>>
>>56339738

Ich habe Deutsch in der Schule gelernt. Meine Grammatik ist gut, doch ist meine Vokabeln schlimm. Im Sommer 2014 habe ich die Sprache jeden Tag benutzt, aber seither habe ich viel vergessen.

ftfy although a kraut should confirm.

>>56341449
Sehr gutes Deutsch
>>
>>56341678
all the schools in my area taught latin as the third option
I took latin in highschool because it was a free A. our teacher was really into astronomy and astral projection so everyday the whole class would distract her by talking about fortunes and gypsy shit. she also collected homework at the end of class so only 1 kid would do the homework and then pass it around the whole class for everyone to copy.
I can't speak a single sentence in laitn
>>
I hope Japs are less autistic than Germans when it comes to somebody practicing their language.
>>
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 234x215
>>56341953
>>
>>56341898
Sounds like my German teacher junior year. She spent a whole class talking about Ronald Reagan.
>>
>>56340665
Not often, really. They have a "feel" for what it should be, rather than a list of memorized words. Mis-gendering a word (#TriggerWarning) isn't really that common unless they're tired or don't care. How often do you pronounce a word entirely incorrectly because you learned it different from someone else?

Even so, if you're in a region where a gender consonant shift dialect is prevalent, it might be essentially ignored. If you do get to the point where you're noticing when Germans make those types of case or verb order mistakes, it's a good sign that you know the language pretty well.
>>
>>56340665
It's actually really common for people who didn't finish high school. The beggars [not the Rumanians] speak pretty shit German, for Germans. Just what I noticed in my semester in Berlin
>>
every german i met is an asshole. They feel no empathy and are pretty much robots

thats your answer
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.