[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
>>
File: 214132332.png (250 KB, 319x291) Image search: [Google]
214132332.png
250 KB, 319x291
>be american
>>
Dog bless
>>
Fuck off yank
>>
>>56332891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1kq0eL-ly8
YOLO
>>
File: RP6439-700.jpg (82 KB, 700x522) Image search: [Google]
RP6439-700.jpg
82 KB, 700x522
repeat after me lads
>>
>>56334523
t-those second two ones aren't real right?
s-someone just made them for the bantz?
>>
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the Montenegro, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
>>
>>56334608
got a problem heathen scum?
>>
File: 1454806024967.jpg (111 KB, 608x800) Image search: [Google]
1454806024967.jpg
111 KB, 608x800
>>56334608
From what I gather they're from some Christian ministry bible homeschool set. Nothing to worry about but it is depressing that they exist. Now I'm picturing some child in some tiny rural town being pulled out of school because the schools are "liberal and ungodly", and getting a hyper-religious Christian home"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""schooling""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" that just ends up brainwashing them (>inb4 fedora) and teaching them basically nothing. He ends up completely ignorant and unprepared for adulthood, to spend the rest of his life in some tiny backwoods fundamentalist compound, praising Jesus, believing whatever his parents and pastor tell him to, never learning or thinking, never becoming social or independent, never growing as a human being. No girlfriends, no college, nothing but a marriage and life arranged by his parents, and a life of poverty and mindless praise of Our Lord and Savior.

Thinking about that just makes me so sad. Am I overthinking it? Is this just a ridiculous imaginative scenario that I'm only picturing because of fedora? I hope so.

>>56334523
Nice one poland, you triggered me.
>>
>>56335301
>the schools are "liberal and ungodly"
they are though
however it made me realise things, I ended up as a more conservative person
it doesn't work like that for everyone, most people comply
>>
>>56335462
There's literally nothing wrong with secularism.
>>
File: 1439226806047.jpg (615 KB, 1300x2131) Image search: [Google]
1439226806047.jpg
615 KB, 1300x2131
>>56335488
everything is wrong with secularism
false premise that distancing people and state from religion won't bring a moral decay for starters
>>
>>56335551
>m-muh moral panic
You don't need a book to tell you how to be a good person
>>
>>56332891
I don't see why pledging is controvertial for yuros.
When i was in highschool they made us pledge alliance to the flag too
>>
>>56335622
I don't see people who say the same shit to be exceptionally moral
and if you're seriously ignoring the cultural death of our societies, you're just proving my point
>>
>>56335738
>all that cherrypicking
>all that confirmation bias
There are plenty of people who are atheists and are not what you would consider cultural death bringers. How can you be so sure that those blacks in your picture aren't religious? 87% of all blacks consider themselves religious and an overwhelming amount are christian.

http://www.pewforum.org/2009/01/30/a-religious-portrait-of-african-americans/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-briggs/are-black-americans-the-m_b_6769296.html
>>
>>56335551
the homeless individuals in your pic are probably extremely religious tbqh
>>
>>56335551
Not to be pedantic (well maybe a little bit) but most poor urban blacks are overwhelmingly Christian.
>>
>>56332891

FOY
>>
File: fig10.gif (15 KB, 471x800) Image search: [Google]
fig10.gif
15 KB, 471x800
>>56335947
>For example, nearly one-in-five African-Americans under age 30 (19%) are unaffiliated
and the younger they are, the less religious they get
most thughs are under age of 25
notice how the less religious they are, the more liberal they get
liberals are the ones standing by the western civilisation wallowing in degeneracy
and by the way, gangsters being religious or not has less relevance than the lawmakers having a strong moral code they ought to obey
>>
>>56332981
>be bahamian
>die in a hurricane
>>
File: gr-christianpolitics462.gif (9 KB, 462x321) Image search: [Google]
gr-christianpolitics462.gif
9 KB, 462x321
>>56336276
>1/5th
So it's fucking nothing.
Also the majority of religious dems are catholic, seem familiar pooland?
>>
>>56336405
The general tendency is that in mostly Protestant countries Catholics are more leftist, and the other way around.
I'm not Catholic, and I don't fall under said tendency. I still rather have mostly religious society that all the connotations of atheisation, even if I disagree with religion in question.
>>
>>56336551
I'm not advocating for a society without religion or one totally comprised of one, I'm saying secularism is good, because the state has absolutely no business in religion or religious beliefs. Fuck Big Gov
>>
Why can't we have secularism without communists and faggots taking over?
>>
>>56336612
secularism ought to prevent churches from being harassed by the government, not the government from having people in charge abiding by religion
I don't even know why the discussion derailed. You said that schools are not liberal and ungodly, and I disagreed. Public schools are literally propaganda centres against conservative values.
>>
>>56336765
Actually that was me. I'm >>56335301 but I'm not the other person. I do agree with them, though, personally.
>>
>>56336765
As someone who attended US public school, I have to disagree. I went and I never was "indoctrinated" into any religion or political agenda.
>>
desu this derail is a bit silly and not particularly funny.
>>
>>56335301
Just because someone believes in a diety doesn't means he's retarded, most of the world's intelligent minds were religious.
>>
>>56336913
http://conservancy.umn.edu/bitstream/handle/11299/164960/05_01_BR_Holland.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
start witb Censorship: Evidence of bias
>>
>>56337110
Maybe if you go to a garbage school, my school offered world religion courses. Also, you might wanna take it up with the textbook manufactures who are overbearingly religious and conservative. Watch the Revisionaries.
>>
ONE NATION UNDER GOD
>>
Do liberals can't see the irony of their statements? Religion isn't an indication of intelligence, you have great minds like Isaac Newton, Gregor mendel, and Thomas Aquinas who were heavily religious. you also have smart people that are agnostic
>>
>>56337221
correct me of I'm wrong, but isn't it the school itself choosing textbooks, and parents have no say in it? we're talking about public schools after all
it's not like parents have a huge choice among them, if its principal is a huge liberal, and they can't afford sending all of their kids to private schools, why is homeschooling so wrong?
>>
>>56337104
Yeah, but the thing is is that homeschooling is suspect even at the best of times, and specifically religious homeschooling just screams "you will learn nothing".
>>
>>56337367
>specifically religious homeschooling just screams "you will learn nothing".
why do liberals insist that they are free from generalising people?
>>
>>56337338
Liberals are pretenders, they pretend to be pro choice, except if its education, health care, business practice, and religious practice.
>>
File: 1451523724727.png (1 MB, 930x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451523724727.png
1 MB, 930x1200
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>56337367
Why do you even care when it was under the own prerogative of the family to teach their child in their homes. Considering the immense choke hold of American public unions in education, I would actually actively promote homeschooling.
>>
>>56337338
It's done on a state government basis, who screen a bunch of books which leak down to the districts. They then screen that list and let each school choose. That school can then have faculty choose the books from that list. If parents don't like it they can probably come into a PTA meeting and complain. Homeschooling isn't awful, but you can end up with a really shitty education if you don't do it right. Not only that but you can end up with a very stunned social life if you're home schooled because you don't really get the day to day interaction that a school would give you. I think what >>56337367 was trying to say was if you're home-schooled and you end up with a overtly religious themed plan of study, you end up with a lot of info that's not really useful in the real world, after all what good is knowing Genesis 21:9 if you don't know how to divide. Obviously that's an extreme example, but it's probably better if the kid gets his good ol' fashioned book learnin' at school and his religious schooling at home/chiurch/CCD.
>>
>>56337603
A PA meeting which holds no sway, why would the faculty even care about the parents? People are tied to the zone, They can't fire a teacher due to public sector unions, and parents are against a huge political power that has consistently provided more than 70 million dollars in political donations. There wasn't a choice for the parents, they are slaves tied to their area. Is this what you think of when your party leaders talk about progress? Idiotic liberals
>>
>>56337764
I'm not a liberal, nice projecting though.
There is an issue with lack of input with education, that's why the US has such a shitty education budget. Either raise the budget to allow for more micromanagement or slash it and let private enterprise take over.
>>
>>56337603
And without choice, teachers are often complacent in their practice hence the horrible standard of public education in the u.s.

The people who are capable are deciding to homeschool their children because more and more people are viewing it as a better alternative to public education.
>>
>>56332891
I never stood up for the pledge in school.
Once my teacher told me I had to and wouldn't let it drop. Whole class was staring.
I let loose a Sieg Heil.
Got suspended for 2 weeks.
>>
>>56337839
Have you actually saw the graphs of government funding to public education vs student performance? I said you were liberal because you are towing liberal party lines.
>>
>>56332891
Sorry you can't pledge your allegiance to our flag that is a right only Americans have
>>
>>56337324
Retarded teenagers on 4chan =\= accurate representation of ANY demographic
>>
>>56335301
You want to fedora? Read some of this.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/leavingfundamentalism/
>>
Will there ever be a time when the "under god" part will be removed? The more secular the better, but I guess it's there because of commies.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.