[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>americans use proxies to appear as other countries fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1391367625210.png (40 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
1391367625210.png
40 KB, 853x543
>americans use proxies to appear as other countries

fucking losers
youre the ones who made your own freedom fatty country now you must own upto it
>>
>>56311966
>he's unironically doing it right now
>>
>>56311966
Every American with an IQ over 80 is on a proxy as we speak.
>>
>>56312044
*covers one of my nostrils and exhales very hard and blows snot at you*
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0KKyZ9fjoAR

thoughts?
>>
>>56312181
*takes off shirt, revealing a sics pac*
you're in for a ride, buckaroo
>>
>>56312248
Why do all americans have the exact same fucking voice?

Not even being a harbinger of meme's right now
>>
>>56312373
Not him, but in what way?
On this site, it's usually the same people who record themselves.
>>
There is no distuingishable American accent apart from the South. Every other state sounds the same
>>
>>56312466
The same word pacing, tone and depth of voice, etc.

On TV with actors, etc you all sound different but as soon as it's a non-famous person like a youtuber or vocaroo voice clip you all sound the same and I don't know why.
>>
File: 1447628603113.jpg (238 KB, 1400x930) Image search: [Google]
1447628603113.jpg
238 KB, 1400x930
>>56312521
>>56312527
TV, Radio and migrations of people have homogenized much of the accents into the 'General American' verbal speech. Only the elderly still uphold the accents in places like NYC, Boston. Cali, etc.
Dixieland, the upper Midwest and some other minor places still nominally maintain their accents.

>Boston
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wBpSWxPo6o

>Louisiana
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAiHqOgEaEM

>NC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAqm5ls8Ep8
I live in the region these guys are from. Lots of people talk like this.

Though I don't sound like these hicks.
>>
>>56313247
The last sentence of your post is the problem. Americans will call you a hick if you have an accent but regional accents are great
>>
>>56313302
Their accent inparticular is literally hick-tier. My parents are from West Virginia, which is literally Deliverance: The State and I sound nothing like them.
>>
>>56313247
I'd like a slice of that ass
>>
>Implying /int/ isn't just all Americans posting under proxies
>>
>>56311966
I thought other countries used American proxies to make America look bad

>>56312521
>>56312527
Ok, go tell a linguist that

There is 4 American dialects and then several accents within each one. While this may seem absurd that America would have many accents you have to remember that each area for an accent is probably as big as the area of a European dialect and a dialect is probably several times the size of your country.
>>
Italy has dialects for every city, it changes every few km
>>
>>56314014
Yeah we have a dialect for every 20 cities because we haven't simply been here long enough for it to be otherwise

Things are already developing in the Northern Dialect to change this a bit though, look up the northern cities vowel shift.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.